Staten Island's Xcellerating Preview With The 3rd Generation Class

Cait Sith

Well, now they're starting to roll out on the streets!

I've saw some of the 7XXXs roaming about and I've been on a few on the S54. Personally I prefer the newer buses since they allow you to have more room to stand and such, so I welcome them with open arms for the remaining time that I'm on Staten Island.

So many new buses floating around that it's amazing that there are still any of the older buses on Staten Island. Hell I still live on Staten Island and I haven't seen the newest buses. :eek:

Well, these Xcelsiors are now hitting the streets, slowly but surely.

Excellent photography of Staten Isl & Manhattan. That manhattan picture- 6th and 49th?

Yessir!

Really gotta get my act together and get out to SI, that many brand new buses running around without ads on them is a real sight. 4888 looks fantastic and the shots are all excellent as usual, the 7000s look fantastic too. Surprised Castleton hasn't even killed them yet, I'd think a week would be enough! :P

Nicely done.

Hey, the LFSs are holding up nicely. Don't doubt Castleton since their maintenance is much better than Yukon!

• 2 months later...

Awesome pics! Would love to see some of these busses come from yukon other than the Prevost! Yukon's routes are usually longer than Castleton's, they should also have a more diverse local fleet rather than Castleton's old Hybrids!!!

Archived