Upcoming Telephone Maintainer test/practical

Grunt

• 2 weeks later...

I took the exam back in 08 . it's not that easy you have to puch down a 66 block. run crossconnect. show them the right tools. test phone linesfor tone. fix a broken jack. make a RJ45 cable. do a loopback test. relay reading and something else. so if you have the skill good luck i got like a 75.00 im on the list. I just wanted to see what the test was about.

I also signed up to take the test for July 9th. hey, i am an ex verizon guy and currenty in phone division of local 3. does anyone haved any more info on this job, or anything about it or the tesst???? and if they like your eetp test paper(education and experience) , is there a possibility of gettingcalled before test for a provisional appointment, then taking test after you are hired???? if you pass test do you get hired right away???? If anybody has any info on any of these matters it would be greatly appreciated . Thanks

I also signed up to take the test for July 9th. hey, i am an ex verizon guy and currenty in phone division of local 3. does anyone haved any more info on this job, or anything about it or the tesst???? and if they like your eetp test paper(education and experience) , is there a possibility of gettingcalled before test for a provisional appointment, then taking test after you are hired???? if you pass test do you get hired right away???? If anybody has any info on any of these matters it would be greatly appreciated . Thanks

Wow I'm an Ex Verizon guy myself, I have all the above experience, gotta get in this one.:tup:

Wow I'm an Ex Verizon guy myself, I have all the above experience, gotta get in this one.:tup:

Former Verizon too!!! I&R in Queens, Cable Maintenance in Queens. Had an I&R gang and Cable Maintenance gang in Queens and the Bronx.

Former Verizon too!!! I&R in Queens, Cable Maintenance in Queens. Had an I&R gang and Cable Maintenance gang in Queens and the Bronx.

I was in the city Specials I&R tester, M.E.T (Material Equip. Installer) for all the Manhattan C.Os or where ever needed assistance with major jobs. It was a sweet gig. I'm going to see if I can find some sort of study guide just to keep the brain fresh.:cool:

I was in the city Specials I&R tester, M.E.T (Material Equip. Installer) for all the Manhattan C.Os or where ever needed assistance with major jobs. It was a sweet gig. I'm going to see if I can find some sort of study guide just to keep the brain fresh.:cool:

cool.

The MET's in Queens used to get ALOT of o/t

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

same here . . . got the same letter to take the practical test on May 29 . . . I've worked for Fujitsu, Telamon and TekSystems . . . all @ Verizon/AT&T co's throughout Manhattan and New Jersey . . . good luck guys!!! Anyone know how many positions NYCT is look to fill?

• 2 weeks later...

Recived my letter yesterday. My test date is 6/19 at 10am.

I bought the Jack Rudman study guide, does anyone know if the questions are pretty much the same? Asking because there are a ton of questions on eletrical circuits and not to many dealing with phone lines.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, took the test this morning! 75% hands on, 25% oral theory. 66 Block punch down (10 pairs). They will assign you what pairs they want cut down. Ran Dt from dmarc to RJ11. Tel set works! Troubleshooting 2 lines with no DT, bridge clips off at dmarc. Did some resistance measurements and calculations, RJ45 crimping 568A &B and T1 loop back plug. The oral theory, someone will read some questions and you have to pick out the correct symbol from the chart provided. You must know ohms law and circuit symbols and also know the different types of fiber cable, Coaxial, serial cable, etc. Now who knows if the questions will change when you get there? I had one question from the book. It was measuring resistance and distance (feet). I hope this helps, good luck guys!

What kind of meter were you using? How many types of fiber cable were you asked about?

Used the 'Fluke'. Was asked about 1 type of fiber, but there were muti and singlemode on the table with different type of connectors. Every tool you may need to use is there for you.

What kind of meter were you using? How many types of fiber cable were you asked about?

I see your name is XVZ, where did you work out of?

Archived