Upcoming Telephone Maintainer test/practical

Grunt

Here's the deal, went to 180 thinking that I was in for medical and final processing come to find out that the drug test expired after 90 days.  So guess what, had to do it all over again.  I missed the last class that was in April, I did the drug test in May.   According to the rep at the employment desk, the next class is in November.   I suggest you call and speak to someone if you are lucky or go down there and try to get to the 5th floor.  Sign in like you have an appointment and get up there.   Everyone that took this test has a list number (if you passed) I never received any results either just the letter in the mail.  May be you are just higher on the list.

• 2 weeks later...

I only did one day track safety.  Have to go for 9 day flagging when ever they schedule us.  We cover all five boroughs (well really only 4); haven't heard anyone mention S.I.  Emergency Tel, Emergency Alarms, countdown signs, anything with communications in the tubes, the phones in the booths.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the deal, went to 180 thinking that I was in for medical and final processing come to find out that the drug test expired after 90 days.  So guess what, had to do it all over again.  I missed the last class that was in April, I did the drug test in May.   According to the rep at the employment desk, the next class is in November.   I suggest you call and speak to someone if you are lucky or go down there and try to get to the 5th floor.  Sign in like you have an appointment and get up there.   Everyone that took this test has a list number (if you passed) I never received any results either just the letter in the mail.  May be you are just higher on the list.

Sir, I went to 180 Livingston yesterday. I spoke to the lady in charge of hiring for this title. They are only hiring provisional at this point.

Then I dug a little deeper and spoke to more people (on the 5th and 4th floor). This time I meet up with someone else inquiring about the exam. Come to find out they (transit) is not finished scoring the exams and have not sent the results yet. No scores are in the system yet.

Oh really, didn't know that.  If you went to the 5th floor someone could have given you your list number.  They are still more guys coming in provisional.  If you don't hear anything soon and you do go back give them your SS# and you can get better results as to where you stand.

Oh really, didn't know that.  If you went to the 5th floor someone could have given you your list number.  They are still more guys coming in provisional.  If you don't hear anything soon and you do go back give them your SS# and you can get better results as to where you stand.

Sir, I went to 180 Livingston yesterday. I spoke to the lady in charge of hiring for this title. They are only hiring provisional at this point.

Then I dug a little deeper and spoke to more people (on the 5th and 4th floor). This time I meet up with someone else inquiring about the exam. Come to find out they (transit) is not finished scoring the exams and have not sent the results yet. No scores are in the system yet.

There is no list numbers. They haven't scored all the tests yet. Me and the other guy both gave our ssn's  that's how we found that out.

• 3 weeks later...

I received my grade and list # today, 18 months after taking practical. I got a low list number I don't see how I wasn't called for provisional work.They grade your practical test and then average that with your experience and education score. 18 years with verizon and only a 70 for experience. Good luck 2 all. Please let us know how it goes for anyone that gets called.

I received my grade and list # today, 18 months after taking practical. I got a low list number I don't see how I wasn't called for provisional work.They grade your practical test and then average that with your experience and education score. 18 years with verizon and only a 70 for experience. Good luck 2 all. Please let us know how it goes for anyone that gets called.

Thanks. I will keep you posted

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Well this was a waste of $65. Called hotline 3 years after test and they still haven't hired anyone

What about those guys that was hired as temps. ? Were they ever made permanent? You said your list number was low. A list is usually good for 4 years so even though they are giving a new exam, its possible they will still call people from the old list before calling people from the new exam. Keep posting your status, seems like alot of people in this forum once they get the job, they dont pass info. Or what they have been experiencing on the job to others smh.

Good luck to you

• 1 month later...

Part of the new MTA contract all provisional workers(temps) have to be let go and replaced with qualified people that passed the cival service exam.

It has now been 4 years since applying 3 years since practical exam, 18 months since getting a grade and list number(#14) still not any contact by MTA. I was told the list has still not been activated for hiring. God bless NY

Part of the new MTA contract all provisional workers(temps) have to be let go and replaced with qualified people that passed the cival service exam.

It has now been 4 years since applying 3 years since practical exam, 18 months since getting a grade and list number(#14) still not any contact by MTA. I was told the list has still not been activated for hiring. God bless NY

Did you take Exam # 2608?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am taking the practical in november and was called to interview for the position but i said no because it was provisional. I was curious if anyone was hired permanent and if anyone else is taking the practical

I was hired permanent on 9-22-14, was provisional for about 10 months prior.  Started in Nov/2013.

yes I believe it was 2608, I called MTA job hotline still no info avail. I think I was robbed by the mta

Cadavan, you need to go down to livingston and speak to a human dont rely on a hotline when it comes to a job like this. If you have a list number of 14 and they are still giving the pratical test, Something is wrong. Unless this is a different exam #. You have been contacted. Unless something is wrong with your paperwork...

Archived