NJT Meadowlands 181 now has nabi transits?!

Juan833Blue

Is it true that we're starting to see those nabi transits (#5895-5906 which have no bike racks) being used for service to new york, I am baffled; not just the 181 has those nabi transits, but also the 123, 125, 126 and even the 188 as well.

Yes, its true. When the new pick started on Jan. 14, They took out the MCIs on the 181 & 188 and started using NABI even w/ bike racks. Also they started using surburban NABI on the 186 which also had MCIs.

NABIs are on the 186 because it's no longer a Oradell run....it's at Market St now.

I wouldn't read too much into this....the MCIs are getting those new cameras and it's takes some time to install. They probably don't want to get caught short on MCIs. That's all we need is a NABI on the 166!

The DAY I see a nabi on the 166 will be the day I smack the idiot who decided to put it on that run.

I did it because there wasn't any MCI's waiting for the rush, and I loved it, Especially when I got the Leonia. BACK DOOR, fast out! I didn't feel like waiting for a bus so I said, gimme a MCI.

As for the main reason, a friend at Meadowlands said that it is indeed ridership. My thing is if that is the case, all the lines at the GWB should be on a NABI. Because, the 188 carries. I don't care what anyone says, I've done the 188, I know the 188, and I LIVED for the 188. That line carries. So, in a way, I am glad it has a NABI since that backdoor gets people out, yet I will miss being on that nice line driving a NABI with a BIKE RACK?!?!?! I'm sorry, but there is ZERO excuse for ANY bus to have a BIKE RACK. If you're that damned lazy to ride your bike to where you got to go, then take the bus sure, but don't bring the BIKE with you. I'll never understand it. That makes no damned sense. What's next, MCI's with Bike Racks? Sheesh, gimme a damned break!

Good point, ridership isn't very good on the 181 IMO.

Tell me that on the weekends for people that is trying to get from one end of Bergenline to the other, or Bergenline to Cliffside Park. That line carries. Not as big as the 156/159, but it carries. I figured sooner or later, someone would complain and take the MCI's off the 180's.

If you're that damned lazy to ride your bike to where you got to go, then take the bus sure, but don't bring the BIKE with you. I'll never understand it. That makes no damned sense. What's next, MCI's with Bike Racks? Sheesh, gimme a damned break!

Here in South Jersey, people stick their bikes in the luggage space under the bus floor on the MCIs. Is that practice observed in North Jersey?

If you noticed, MTA's underfloor spaces on their MCIs and Prevosts are LOCKED and are not used at all.

I'm sorry, but there is ZERO excuse for ANY bus to have a BIKE RACK. If you're that damned lazy to ride your bike to where you got to go, then take the bus sure, but don't bring the BIKE with you. I'll never understand it. That makes no damned sense. What's next, MCI's with Bike Racks? Sheesh, gimme a damned break!

I have to respectfully disagree.

If I don't have access to a car, how can I get to points in Northern New Jersey so I can enjoy a day of bicycling/hiking. When the weather gets nice, every third weekend or so, I'll do 20 maybe 25 miles biking (3-7 miles hiking) in an area. There are a lot of recreational bicyclists out there.

I have seen the bike racks being utilized on an older bus on the 502 in Atlantic City, the folks using them mounted and dismounted their bicycles very quickly. I have seen others store them inside the luggage space at the PABT.

Congrats. I wish I was back in NJ so I can drive. I hate it here in PA but this is what happens when you're broke and your so called FRIENDS F you over.

A bit early for congrats but thanks. Talked to one of the guys in HR this week when I dropped off my application. I think the interview will be a slam dunk, they seem to be excited to get experienced drivers. I'm a little nervous about operating upstairs on the 300 gates....there is NO margin for error up there but I would be doing it at (NJT) so I'll suck it up. Route training will be fun with all those little boonie towns they go to, but I'm gonna love running RT-17! I got to see the insides of one of the D4500CTs.....I'm in LOVE! lol

SJP, I don't know what area of PA your in but have you looked at Trans-Bridge or Bieber Tourways? Even Martz pays pretty ok.

Oh and NABIs on the 329 could be permanent! I'll try and keep you guys informed.

BZ don't be afraid of those 300 gates, you'll be just fine up there. Just make sure you don't hit me on that turn at 319-320 lmao.

Lol I always get some pax that ask how in the hell do we turn them buses up there. A 45fter does look 10x bigger up there.

@SirJoka I was gona say the same thing, you could even look into PAT Transit out Pittsburg depending on how far out you are. I mean you have a cdl so you should be able to find something good.

BZ don't be afraid of those 300 gates, you'll be just fine up there. Just make sure you don't hit me on that turn at 319-320 lmao.

Lol I always get some pax that ask how in the hell do we turn them buses up there. A 45fter does look 10x bigger up there.

@SirJoka I was gona say the same thing, you could even look into PAT Transit out Pittsburg depending on how far out you are. I mean you have a cdl so you should be able to find something good.

PAT wouldnt need drivers they just had a huge cut of service out there

Archived