New Evidence Shows Cops May Have Had Little Cause To Shoot And Kill Unarmed Teen

Jashawn R.

WAKEFIELD, THE BRONX, NY (PIX11)— The family of an unarmed Bronx teen who was shot by cops are calling for the federal government to investigate the death, as new details emerge conflicting with the official police description of what the fatal shooting. Representatives of the family of Ramarley Graham made the request, with Graham's mother and father at their side, at a news conference in front of his home in the Wakefield section, where he was shot by narcotics officers Thursday afternoon.

Personally, I think that it's absurd that her was shot under these circumstances, and it hits just a little close to home, because I used to live in the exact apartment where this happened, with family on the floor below me.

Thoughts? Here's the link to the rest of the article...

New Evidence Shows Cops May Have Had Little Cause To Shoot And Kill Unarmed Teen - WPIX

I'm not going to say what the cops did as being justified, but the people so quick to condemn the cops- would they prefer to complain about once in a while accidents or tollerate rampant crime because the cops were driven out of their neighborhood?

If people were more 'community centric' rather than let the cops clean up their sh*t, maybe there'd be less to no incidents like this.

I heard about this on the news a couple hrs ago....

Another case of a trigger happy cop....

would they prefer to complain about once in a while accidents or tolerate rampant crime because the cops were driven out of their neighborhood?

I'll say this....

Cops aren't there to "protect & serve".... they're there to enforce the law....

I got out of believing the former a long time ago.....

I heard about this on the news a couple hrs ago....

Another case of a trigger happy cop....

I'll say this....

Cops aren't there to "protect & serve".... they're there to enforce the law....

I got out of believing the former a long time ago.....

When has the NYPD said it's there to protect and serve? That's the motto of the LAPD.

Oh please, you think this cop went out and said "I want to end someone's life today"?? The rules behind guns are incredibly tough in New York, even for cops. The amount of paperwork that comes from just unholstering your gun in New York is immense. The cops have a lot of training, and only fire when they truly feel threatened. You think ending someone's life is a decision any sane person takes lightly.

How about you people actually live a day in the life of a cop in the worst parts of New York before you judge. Yes, a lot of cops are angry people, a lot have drinking problems,a lot give stupid tickets that piss people off. But ending a human's life? Noth something taken lightly.

Oh please, you think this cop went out and said "I want to end someone's life today"?? The rules behind guns are incredibly tough in New York, even for cops. The amount of paperwork that comes from just unholstering your gun in New York is immense. The cops have a lot of training, and only fire when they truly feel threatened. You think ending someone's life is a decision any sane person takes lightly.

How about you people actually live a day in the life of a cop in the worst parts of New York before you judge. Yes, a lot of cops are angry people, a lot have drinking problems,a lot give stupid tickets that piss people off. But ending a human's life? Noth something taken lightly.

I understand where you're coming from, but how could you feel threatened by an unarmed person? I mean, how intimidating can a person be, for you to shoot them??

I understand where you're coming from, but how could you feel threatened by an unarmed person? I mean, how intimidating can a person be, for you to shoot them??

When they act like they have a gun and refuse to show their hands when ordered to do so. Yea, that's threatening and is more then enough reason for a cop to open fire. Let me guess, you would rather that cops have to wait for the perp to fire before they can return fire?

To MHV- The part of the story that gives justification is that when ordered to show his hands, the perp did not either he reached for his waist or made some other threatening motion that caused the cop to fire. Had he just put up his hands or not even fled to begin with, I'm sure the perp would still be alive. Like I said before, if I am a cop out on patrol, I will do what ever it takes so that I can go home at the end of my tour. If that means killing someone who acts like their pulling a gun on me, so be it because I don't care if they go home or not.

This story just goes to show that 2 wrongs don't make a right. The bottom line is that the teen was caught red-handed with drugs on him and the cops took things too far by shooting him in his house. Of course the latter will draw more attention and sensitivity from the media given the attitude in general towards police brutality but 99.99999999999% of the time this doesn't happen to someone who is totally clean and has no reason for being arrested to begin with.

The video doesn't really mean anything since the shooting took place inside the house. Something happened that made the officer fear for his life. Every city cop knows that the old days of being able to shoot someone (justified or not0 and returning to patrol as though it were any other call is long gone. I don't think there is any way to know exactly what happened and even if there was, all the usual suspects would still be convinced the police are making it up. What ever did happen, I have no doubt that the officer who killed the perp did not wake up that day and go on patrol looking to kill someone.

Nah. Only if you make it go bang.

My bad, you are correct. I got confused with the times that a few cops' guns go off accidentally as they place them in their holsters. I can't even imagine the embarrassment of those cops that shoot themselves in the foot accidentally when holstering their guns in the precinct house. It happens 2 or 3 times every year, from what I hear.

My bad, you are correct. I got confused with the times that a few cops' guns go off accidentally as they place them in their holsters. I can't even imagine the embarrassment of those cops that shoot themselves in the foot accidentally when holstering their guns in the precinct house. It happens 2 or 3 times every year, from what I hear.

There is no such thing as an accidental discharge, only a negligent one. The gun goes bang because someone pulled the trigger.

There is no such thing as an accidental discharge, only a negligent one.

cheddar bob....

This story just goes to show that 2 wrongs don't make a right.

That's just it..... Police caint do no wrong...

In the eyes of the law, you are really guilty til proven innocent......

Hard to prove anything when you're dead...

Archived