My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

RTS CNG Command

I've been skeptical on the second season of MLP, since Lauren Faust stepped down as executive producer after the first season, although she's still involved in production
That's a fair point. She was involved as executive consultant, where she still kept track of the quality of the animation but didn't get involved in the concept delivery. But near the end of the production of the second season, she stopped working on the franchise.

Personally, I still think the second season has definitely been very good. There was a stinker in "The Mysterious Mare Do Well" (considered by far the worst episode in the second season), but for the most part, it's really enjoyable.

I have the hub now and haven't really watched MLP as I prefer the classic like Pound Puppies. G.I Joe and Transformers I like but I sort of fall into that rabid male fanbase for of all series...JEM & The Holograms.

See, we aren't all crazy...

While some of you folks have your own opinions, my god, if some of yall can't act mature with your opinions, you're gonna be sent out.

As for the 90s Cartoons.....

Batman : The Animated Series

Probably the best in the 90s in my opinion

Carry on.

I remember a lot of the cartoon shows/movies that some of you guys posted about. Another I remember was the "An American tale" movies as well as the "The Land Before Time" movies. As for the shows, I remember seeing the original "Yu Gi Oh" series as well as the original "Pokemon" series on KidsWB. As for the MLP series I must admit that I've never seen an episode. Might give it a try though.

While some of you folks have your own opinions, my god, if some of yall can't act mature with your opinions, you're gonna be sent out.

As for the 90s Cartoons.....

Batman : The Animated Series

Probably the best in the 90s in my opinion

Carry on.

Agreed 100% sir, that show was boss back in the day

Good animation a good cartoon does not make. Never have I seen a fanboy rage so badly over criticism of an overrated show.

If you really want to see GOOD animation, just watch any old Warner Bros/Disney/Don Bluth movie.

Or the anime movie, Akira! (It's like the only anime I've ever watched where they actually lip-synced the characters' mouths to the dialogue)

Oh, and it's violent as balls too

AKIRA Blu-ray Trailer - YouTube

I remember a lot of the cartoon shows/movies that some of you guys posted about. Another I remember was the "An American tale" movies as well as the "The Land Before Time" movies.
I've watched some Land Before Time movies. Granted, I'm indifferent towards the series, but I can definitely see what makes the movies GOOD. The characters are incredibly rich in character, and the worldbuilding is tremendous.

As for the MLP series I must admit that I've never seen an episode. Might give it a try though.
I definitely recommend it. The episodes are all over the Internet. I recommend the first two-part prologue featured on my OP, because they will build in the slice-of-life scenarios afterwards, which is the series' biggest plot strength.

-

Now onto a couple of pieces of fandom material.

Just like me, someone also wrote what makes the show endearing: The Geek Professor » Why I Am A “Brony” (a fan of “My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic”)

And one great thing about this fandom is the dedicated brony fanbase. There's a lot of great work featured. This is one of 'em.

i__ll_come_back_for_you_by_esuka-d4b9ua5.png

Here's the link to the work: I'll come back for you by *Esuka on deviantART

And another (a parody of the movie poster):

twilight_sparkle_by_amslizrah-d3ghif0.jpg

Link here: Twilight Sparkle by ~AMSLizrah on deviantART

If anything, that makes me boil in rage more. Spamming a thread with giant (for these forums) pictures of something so vehemently hated won't change my view. Four minutes of the crap is enough.

On the other hand, Akira was over the top in almost everything. I'd happily watch even any anime geared towards kids (because those are full of stuff otherwise considered "adult") over this crap.

If anything, that makes me boil in rage more. Spamming a thread with giant (for these forums) pictures of something so vehemently hated won't change my view. Four minutes of the crap is enough.

On the other hand, Akira was over the top in almost everything. I'd happily watch even any anime geared towards kids (because those are full of stuff otherwise considered "adult") over this crap.

that first pic made my brain hurt with the color overload hehe

If you really want to see GOOD animation, just watch any old Warner Bros/Disney/Don Bluth movie.

Or the anime movie, Akira! (It's like the only anime I've ever watched where they actually lip-synced the characters' mouths to the dialogue)

Oh, and it's violent as balls too

There's the funimation channel if anyone has verizon. They have aired the 'revisioned' version of the Evangelion series (now as 4 movies, 2 have aired so far). They have some good stuff there. syfy used to have anime, but either they dropped them or I haven't watched that channel for some time. Adult swim has some good shows, but now they are either repeats or on filler arcs.

There's the funimation channel if anyone has verizon. They have aired the 'revisioned' version of the Evangelion series (now as 4 movies, 2 have aired so far). They have some good stuff there. syfy used to have anime, but either they dropped them or I haven't watched that channel for some time. Adult swim has some good shows, but now they are either repeats or on filler arcs.

I discovered this GREAT anime named Gintama, if only they did English dubs of it!!! It's funny as hell I love their sense of humor!!

I've watched subs of anime online and I have to say they can be better than the english dubs because the english voice actor is terrible or not the right fit for the character.

I can definitely agree with this statement... Sometimes shows are better off watched in the original language with subtitles just because the voice work is superior.

Sometimes I wonder where these distributors get their in-house voice actors from when I hear a voice that makes me cringe

I can definitely agree with this statement... Sometimes shows are better off watched in the original language with subtitles just because the voice work is superior.

Sometimes I wonder where these distributors get their in-house voice actors from when I hear a voice that makes me cringe

Yeah one show in particular was Chrono crusade and the lead female voice actor was just terrible. Every show will have at least 1 or 2 bad ones, but still be fine. But if a show has someone that really sound terrible, I'd just stick with the original and deal with the subtitles.

Archived