Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
vorellanaj

Is Volvo do Brasil tried to participate in Lower Manhattan Transportation?

I saw this brazilian video presentation for Volvo B12 model (a chassis used on long distance routes in '90s), but something attracted my attention in seconds 0:46 to 0:52. It was shown a Marcopolo Torino built in chassis Volvo B58 (both made in Brazil), where in the itinerary zone was written : "Lower Manhattan", and in 2-3 seconds later it was shown a map of Lower Manhattan (I distinguish WTC site).

The video isn't in English, is in Portuguese, due it was a Volvo release for brazilian market.

Does anyone know of this? I think about it was only a test purpouse (I saw in this video an American bus in 0:50).

Here is the video link :

pd: Was Volvo do Brasil try ....? is correct , I'm improving my English skill yet..

A search on the Internet reveals that a demonstration took place in 1992, and that 4 buses were brought to NYC with financial help from Volvo.

I think that #9258 is the MTA-assigned demonstration fleet number of the bus in the video, but I could be wrong.