NICE meetings for Feb. 2012 on major service adjustments/cuts

Marctalky1

2 NICE Meeting were announced today one at the Marriott in Uniondale on feb 22nd. Another is in Great Neck Feb 23rd. Bus service will be provided VIA MINI BUS labeled special events and will depart every 15 mins from Roosevelt field or you can take N70/1/2 to the Marriott. Great Neck I'm not so sure how to get there some one help me on this.

I know I cant find anything on the site either, but I did see it advertised on the buses.

It has a spot where one of the ads are on the bus. I saw it on the n16 around 7 am yesterday and also found it on the n79 on the 1125 am from mineola (that wasn't the usual bus on that run but same driver)

I took ride on NICE to find meeting schedules and only Orion V and 1800s had schedule.

I took ride on 8:55am N21 Glen Clove, then I miss last N57 trip, I even ask NICE Dispatcher and she didn't know anything about it. Then got on N21 Flushing that was sitting there to board.

Here's Meeting Locations:

Wednesday, Feb 22nd.

Marriot Hotel & Conference Center: 101 James Doolittle Blvd, Uniondale.

Note: Customers attending Community Meeting can take n70~n72 to Uniondale Marriot. NICE will be operating SPECIAL EVENT shuttle bus between Roosevelt Field Mall and Marriot every 15 minutes from 4:30pm to 9:00pm.

They forgot about N24 Reckson Building stop there as well.

Thursday, Feb 24th.

Great Neck Library (Main Library) at 159 Bayview Av/Gris Mill Lane.

Customers can take N57 to attend Community Meeting. Additional service operates on N57 from 4:30pm to 9:00pm every 15 minutes.

NICE will be operating SPECIAL EVENT shuttle bus between Roosevelt Field Mall and Marriot every 15 minutes from 4:30pm to 9:00pm.

Additional service operates on N57 from 4:30pm to 9:00pm every 15 minutes.

They're gonna be losing money on those. They really should be every half hour because there aren't gonna be that many people going that you need all those shuttles.

I know I cant find anything on the site either, but I did see it advertised on the buses.

Town hall type meeting to talk about the service any problems you have and some announcements.

Perhaps they just want actual riders there, to have a more productive meeting?

They're gonna be losing money on those. They really should be every half hour because there aren't gonna be that many people going that you need all those shuttles.

And the N57 is CCW during the afternoon, which would be a waste given the meeting location is on the southbound side.

"Proposed schedule changes" could be those dreaded service cuts. As these meetings are in the evening and there are two of them, I highly suspect that these are the public hearings necessary for the cuts. That also explains the shuttle service.

Wait, a minute, I think I'm off that week. If so, I'll probably go to the meeting in Great Neck. I don't know about the one in Uniondale yet.

I'm probably going to the Uniondale one, even though it will be a lot busier. Although Great Neck isn't out of the question.

Archived