Upstate New York Drives: You favorite ride/drive in the Upstate Region of New York.

Agreed, I-87 from Suffern to Woodbury/Lake George to Plattsburgh and I-81 from State Line to Binghamton as well as I-86 from Binghamton to the I-390 exit is also a great ride!

Also a Route 9 in Peekskill.

Sounds like you been around driving yourself or with your family Keystone.

Here my favorites to drive in upstate NY.

1)Rainbow and Peace Bridge connecting the US and Canada between Nigara Falls, Ontario and the Buffalo, NY area.

Peace Bridge Plaza - YouTube

2)The Northway (aka I-87) between Albany and Plattsburgh heading to/from Montreal.

3)I-86 aka Southern Tier Expressway between I-390(near Elmira, NY) and Binghamton.

4)soon to be I-86 aka NY17/Catskill Quickway between Woodbury Commons and Binghamton.

5)Mass Turnpike-Berskshire Highway aka I-90 between Albany and Lee, Mass.

reactions?

Sounds like you been around driving yourself or with your family Keystone.

Here my favorites to drive in upstate NY.

1)Rainbow and Peace Bridge connecting the US and Canada between Nigara Falls, Ontario and the Buffalo, NY area.

Peace Bridge Plaza - YouTube

2)The Northway (aka I-87) between Albany and Plattsburgh heading to/from Montreal.

3)I-86 aka Southern Tier Expressway between I-390(near Elmira, NY) and Binghamton.

4)soon to be I-86 aka NY17/Catskill Quickway between Woodbury Commons and Binghamton.

5)Mass Turnpike-Berskshire Highway aka I-90 between Albany and Lee, Mass.

reactions?

Out of the 4 Bridges in the Niagara region the Peace Bridge is the best and fastest (unless you got a Nexis card then you used the Whirlpool bridge)

Ride with Family [usually with my dad], I don't have my Driver's License yet!

As for the routes mentioned.

1) Both of the US to Canada bridges mentions are interesting drives/rides, highly recommended, keep your Passports ready, B)!

2) Oh yes, that is a very sceneic route, Lake George to Lake Champlain = Awesome. The last drive/ride thru, me and my dad were going thru at 86.5MPH, the trucks and other vehicles were doing at least 90MPH! But really, the interesting part is where I see a small twister and some crazy cloud trying to form, adds a nice touch to the tree-filled Adirondacks.

3/4) Love these two sections of NY-17/I-86, I love how there are towns/small cities popping up in the middle of these hilly/mountainous areas and how it make sure Corning Glass gets delivered Fast to get to electronic manufacturers and stuff!

5) Gotta like I-90, despite not being as scenic as the others above, still it is an interesting drive/ride. This applies to the Northern Sections of the Taconic Pkwy. as well. Southern sections of the Taconic is preferrably better than the northern sections.

Not to get off topic but IMO both I-86(Binghamton-Jamestown)I-90 (Albany and Syrcause/Buffalo except for urban areas)should be increased to 70MPH.

While the Northway(I-87)between Saratoga Springs and Plattsburgh should be around 75mph(weather permitting).

It's alright, and yeah I agree the speed should be increased to 70MPH, as for the Northway, I'd still agree with 70MPH since there are some elevation changes and curves, you don't want everyone clocking at 100+ there. Since me and my dad was already doing near 90, and others were doing at least 90-100-ish...

I know you love Westchester County! Don't forget to call me up so I can tag along, hehe :cool:!

Keystone i don't disagree. I did say 75mph(daytime/weather permitting only)for the Northway since in good sunny conditions(I never been on that part of I-87 in a snowstorm or very cold weather)since 1)it's as much as 15-20 miles between exits/interchanges 2)Not many cars/trucks/buses use it say like down in the Albany-Saratoga area, the Hudson Valley or NYC.

All other times it would be 70mph.

Archived