An idea that just might work

DaTransitMan4608

This is the reason why I don't talk on here no more because of crazy insane ideas that some people have which sounds so far fetched, that it amazes me. I just do not know.

Not only that, but just plain ridiculous. A NJT bus terminating at 180th st in the Bronx just sounds stupid within itself. While we at may as well start making those x17js go via union city.

And if I comment on them, I get called a jerk or a a-hole for pointing out the flaws of that plan or why some of them just do not make any bloody sense, especially when there isn't a demand for it.

The 134 was cut because the demand wasn't there. I'll bet you $100,000 that if there wasn't a demand in Bayonne for a bus service to Wall Street, the 120 would be cut. If there wasn't a ton of people going to Wal-Mart in Secaucus, the 85 would have never expanded and run 21 hours a day (5a - 2a).

I just do not know..................

And if I comment on them, I get called a jerk or a a-hole for pointing out the flaws of that plan or why some of them just do not make any bloody sense, especially when there isn't a demand for it.

The 134 was cut because the demand wasn't there. I'll bet you $100,000 that if there wasn't a demand in Bayonne for a bus service to Wall Street, the 120 would be cut. If there wasn't a ton of people going to Wal-Mart in Secaucus, the 85 would have never expanded and run 21 hours a day (5a - 2a).

Thing is ur right about those buses. The 180th idea belonged to a friend who wanted better subway access from gwb but I know full well why it won't work you can thank the cross bronx for that. I did have a feeling the 134 folk preferred the PATH to 68 due to traffic. To many things need to be put in place to make the idea even remotely feasible. But it's easier to make mta improve speed on bx36 than bus on i-95 to bronx. FYI only select rtes the shortest will have a chance at LGA and JFK via Lirr woodside but then again what is stopping mta from providing a similar service to link with njt better? I think that is your argument am I right?

Where did the 134 travel to?

Oh you don't know anything... There is simply NO feasable ridership from the Bronx, Queens and Brooklyn! Bronxites could access a decent mall/Walmart up in Westchester County. Queens and Brooklyn residents can head to Nassau County to shop at the Malls and Walmarts at that county, not to mention our own super-regional style mall - Queens Center. Even though I'd be happy if there is such service, but I'd rather face the transfer because a Public Transit system is not your chauffer! Also, I'd never put any Bronx Route to connect to Woodside LIRR, and the (MTA) for sure too, people can simply transfer at LGA for another bus to Woodside area. The only logical route is to have a semi-express route from the Bronx, running on Grand Central Pkwy. to LGA, that's it! Don't even think about a route from the Bronx to JFK because that's only feasable for Queens and Brooklyn routes!

Interesting where in the bronx would you have this semi express come from? Besides the woodside one was for rush hour only due to traffic patterns. Plus I made a queens plan based on the queens center mall however it's not ready yet.

Where did the 134 travel to?
It followed the same route as the NJT68 in NJ then non stop to downtown basically nj 18 to njtp to lower manhattan. It carries medium loads from what I saw when at BMCC

The Bx15 [a branch route] or something might work, but I have yet to analyze a profitable route. I'm just throwing the Bx15 idea up because of others talking about it, however I never specifically analyzed the Bronx<->LGA Travel Patterns. And for Woodside, only a drunk person would route a Bronx route over there, there will be LITTLE to ZERO ridership. I'm being serious! People will just take the (2) to Penn to Catch the LIRR anyways, or if they are going to LGA use the Bx15 [a branch route].

And the Queens Center Mall does not need another LGA service! Get over it, and read the map! And NJTransit is never going to come to Queens, Brooklyn and the Bronx unless if GWB and PABT have some structural defects and prohibits bus service from stopping, heck Manhattan will still be the main terminal! Keep dreaming cuz it's NOT HAPPENING!

I never suggested NJT go to queens center!!!!!!! calm down now BX15 that is similar to my BX55 idea cause it makes less stops. LGA to bronx travel patterns are mostly really heavy at rush hour especially from the I87 corridor it is 100% NJ bound traffic going to BQE or LGA with some going to upper manhattan which can be addressed with powered up M98. The Bronx to LGA actually is a mix of to LGA and those to BQE corridor hence where do you think those jackson heights cars come from??? If a route were to do that then another route would need to come from jackson heights to make timed links to address both markets. The real reason why I suggested NJT CUSA was based on observations of traffic on I-87 plus the fact that it makes airport access easier.

I did make a similar idea it's a mix from jackson heights either Q29 extend to 3rd ave hub via astoria(N) OR BX15 branch OR BX55 extend to jackson heights via astoria(N). And another express type route similar to brooklyn's B103 from fordham to E 180th OR a GWB route instead then express to astoria then onward to LGA. Those who want the BQE corridor can transfer to any of those routes bound for jackson heights. This however renders as you said woodside route useless.

OR a GWB MTA route nonstop to astoria then to LGA helping M60. The traffic to manhattan is addressed by BXM but to queens there is no service to NW queens from places like west farms and fordham. If the line can have an impact as a rapid transport mode then NJT GWB can stay as is. I only suggested LGA as a terminal to make access to outer parts easier from airport and to garner more ridership and knowing how lazy MTA is.

But Fordham has MNRR M60 combo. That bus is actually intended for bronx ppl near subway but not near MNRR mainly the (2)(5).

Plus my queens center idea has NOTHING to do with LGA!!!!!!! carry on

GWB wasn't a good terminal cause it lacked key connections to major parts of NYC and only meets a few subway lines.(A) and (1) limiting travel options from GWB plus it's hard to reach via rapid transit and completely ignores the travel market that cripples I87 and the harlem river drive every weekday. NJ(Northern) to LGA/queens(northern) travel market is huge if you are the sorry sap who has to drive it you know how bad it is!!! IT is THE REAL REASON WHY BXM4C DOESN'T GET ANYWHERE at rush!!!!!! Those NJ bound folk clog that highway into a parking lot you have to be blind not to realize that.

Archived