NYC Express Bus Map 2012

Gorgor

NYC Express Bus Map 2012

NYC Express Bus Map 2012

After months of hard work, I present to you the NYC Express Bus Map 2012! This is a full map of the entire 5 boroughs with every single express bus mapped out. For clarity, each route is categorized into its own color based on the borough originated in, with the BxM4C colored the same as the Bronx express buses in order to reduce clutter.

The original version of this map was obtained from the danger zones map for Hurricane Irene that the city provided. I simply removed those zones and added in these routes to the map.

Now because this is version one, there are bound to be errors, so if you come across any mistake no matter how small it is, please post it here so that it can be corrected.

Nice job! :tup:

I'd just like to point out that the X30 serves South Avenue and Goethals Road North in the AM rush. It only serves the western part of Forest Avenue in the PM rush. (So basically, add a purple line down South Avenue)

I don't see any other errors, but then again I'm only familiar with the SI routes.

Awesome!

Some hints:

-Adjust the background and street colors to be more like the MTA map

-Consider making a Midtown inset, as it's impossible to trace most of the Queens/SI routes without any prior knowledge of the route.

I would recommend adding street names for the routes as well as an icon for identifying major locations. This will allow you to obtain sponsors who want to advertise to express bus customers. Then, you can use the reverse side for advertisements as well as contact info for the operators of the various routes. You can then make a limited run of these maps (say 5,000-10,000) and make a few bucks.

I would recommend adding street names for the routes as well as an icon for identifying major locations. This will allow you to obtain sponsors who want to advertise to express bus customers. Then, you can use the reverse side for advertisements as well as contact info for the operators of the various routes. You can then make a limited run of these maps (say 5,000-10,000) and make a few bucks.

Considering the fact that I "stole" the base map from the NYC government's site, there's no way I can even think of selling these for profit, but I like the way you're thinking! :tup:

And this is only version 1. I'm already working on adding in street names and such, as well as two inserts for Downtown and Midtown. I'm also considering a separate insert that will be a color coded chart for the X1-X9 Hylan Blvd express buses to easily show which bus goes where. Version 2 probably won't be done for another month or two though.

I doubt the base map is copyrighted by the city. It is probably out of a GIS software package. Notice I did not say to sell the map. You sell advertising on the map to make money from it, not the actual map itself, which would be free. The only reason the LIRR and Metro-North keep the station by station schedules is because they are cost neutral due to the advertising.

• 1 year later...

I think you definitely need to add street names and change the background so that the colors pop more to make them more visible to distinguish the routes. This is a very detailed map otherwise so far.... From what I can see just by looking quickly, you've nailed the Riverdale routes, along with the Brooklyn, Staten Island and Bronx routes.  However, the X30 segment by South Avenue needs to be revised slightly.  Just look at the (MTA) map because you have the old routing for that segment.

This thread is over a year old.....

I've been slowly working on a new updated maps which already has street names and stop names for all stops outside of Manhattan.

lol... I didn't pay any attention... Someone bumped the thread and I didn't realize it was 2012...  <_<

Archived