In Remembrance: Whitney Houston

Guest Lance

Seeing her reality show,how she carried herself in public and how she treated others,I don't think she deserves much pity,she became a mean cynical person with no compassion for the others around her.

Well that's what drugs can do to you.... Me first, everyone else... never.

I wouldn't throw salt on her name b/c of that....

Just saw the 6pm news and although not yet confirmed by the LA Medical Examiner TMZ is reporting that Whitney drown and died in the tub of her hotel room after 'od' from taking pain killers and alcohol.

A suicide....

Just to show how death and publicty has on society these days, last night's 2012 Grammys on backdrop of Whitney's death had near record tv ratings. An estimated 40-million-plus people just in the US alone watched some or all of the show.

lol.... Only you would bring this up.... All it shows was that Whitney was a popular and respected figure.....

It was then that I knew that this was a big deal.

hah.... yeah right

Not meant to offend his supporters but he is not the 'voice' of for everyone in "Black America." Thus I am getting tired now that anytime a major Afro-American celebrity makes news or dies, the media goes to him for a comment.

I'd prop you a thousand times for this if I could.....

None of these clowns' words are solid gold, or meant to be heeded & revered anymore than the vocalized thoughts & feelings of any other black american in the world.....

Gov.Christie ordered flags to be flown at half-staff on the day of her funeral at nj government buildings.

....sometimes I wonder if hes (on) crack too.

Is this an election year for him ?

Gov.Christie ordered flags to be flown at half-staff on the day of her funeral at nj government buildings.

....sometimes I wonder if hes crack too.

Agree my friend.:tup: Last year when another internationally known musical great Clerence Clemons died, (back up vocals/saxphonist for Bruce Springstein in case you not aware)Christie did the same thing. Clemons was a class act and as far as I know never was a heavy drinker or drug user/addict. Christie is a self proclaimed "music fan" so it's not a surprise he did this honor for Ms. Houston.

So in nutshell the flag flown at half staff thing might be as well be political not only for this November and also for his own re-election in Nov. 2013.:eek:

Really? We have to bring politics and the guy's weight into this? Would you [in general] be critical if this was Corzine ordering flags to be at half staff?

The political bias is just out of control...

If anything why isn't anyone raising a stink over tax payer funds to keep the general public from viewing the body? She made tons of millions, why not have her money be used for security?

• 4 weeks later...
They just found an update on Whitney Houston's death:

From TMZ.com:

Whitney Houston had cocaine in her system when she died -- this according to the L.A. County Coroner.

The L.A. County Coroner has just released the singer's official cause of death -- accidental drowning ... but the report also notes heart disease and cocaine use were contributing factors to Whitney's demise.

A source connected to the investigation tells us it is "very possible" Whitney had a heart attack that caused her to lose consciousness and drown. The heart attack may have been triggered by hardening of the arteries as a result of cocaine use.

As we previously reported, Whitney was found dead in a bathtub at the Beverly Hilton hotel last month and several pills were found on the scene -- including Xanax, Ibuprofen, and Midol.

Investigators found NO EVIDENCE of cocaine in the hotel room.

Law enforcement sources have told us from the beginning they did not suspect foul play -- and believe her death was not a homicide.

Her family however had doubts about Whitney's demise -- suggesting there may have been foul play.

Plus the family's reaction:

3:01 PM PST -- The Houston family has released a statement which says, “We are saddened to learn of the toxicology results, although we are glad to now have closure.”

Despite her cause of death I'll still Miss Whitney Houston.:cry: I hope she's singing with the choir in Heaven.

Archived