Run boxes being removed from the 1800s

PinePower

Most of the run boxes from the 1800s have been removed, been on 1802, 1822 and 1824 all with no run boxes. Been seeing alot of Orion V CNG out too, I'm guessing they are painting/decaling alot of the 1700s and 1800s..

1822 still has its run box. I rode 1822 early this morning on the N72 run box read "7001"

they are only used on the the first line the bus was on. The Bus driver never changes it because I saw an n20 deadhead from roslyn to Roosevelt Field and then became a 51 with out the run box being changed.

Knowledge of this fact was what inspired some of my LIB/NICE ideas some were intentionally done to reduce DH TIME!!! back on topic the run boxes will most likely stay.

they are only used on the the first line the bus was on. The Bus driver never changes it because I saw an n20 deadhead from roslyn to Roosevelt Field and then became a 51 with out the run box being changed.

Run numbers aren't changed across routes... or at least that was the way back with the MTA.

Don't be surprised if you start noticing/hearing about drivers working non-stop 12+ hour shifts on the same route w/ little-to-no break.... much like the drivers of those fung wah buses, or double happiness, or AA bus, or w/e the hell they call themselves now....

And why do you say this?

The fact that Veolia tries not to let the drivers work over 40 hours (no over time) to keep the budget down squashes that idea.

But let's say you're right, big bad Veolia who deserves to put in the same catagory as an illegal Chinatown bus operator who refuses to follow the rules seems fair.

What would evil Veolia gain by having their drivers work 12 hour days with little to no breaks? Paying each driver 20 hours of overtime in a 5 day week or 32 hours of overtime in a 6 day work week? I don't understand how Veolia would gain by doing what you say? Unless the drovers worked 3.5 days a week and got 3.5 days off (assuming the union has no rules about overtime if a certain amount of hours are worked in a day) what a great work life balance.

Knowledge of this fact was what inspired some of my LIB/NICE ideas some were intentionally done to reduce DH TIME!!! back on topic the run boxes will most likely stay.

Don't worry, it won't be an issue, the N51 will be gone soon enough. B)(I kid, I kid)

And why do you say this?

The fact that Veolia tries not to let the drivers work over 40 hours (no over time) to keep the budget down squashes that idea.

But let's say you're right, big bad Veolia who deserves to put in the same catagory as an illegal Chinatown bus operator who refuses to follow the rules seems fair.

What would evil Veolia gain by having their drivers work 12 hour days with little to no breaks? Paying each driver 20 hours of overtime in a 5 day week or 32 hours of overtime in a 6 day work week? I don't understand how Veolia would gain by doing what you say? Unless the drovers worked 3.5 days a week and got 3.5 days off (assuming the union has no rules about overtime if a certain amount of hours are worked in a day) what a great work life balance.

First it's you (in an older thread) acting oblivious as to the poor track record veolia has... now it's this latest act of obliviousness as to what I'm getting at in that last reply.... You can keep the wool over your eyes & continue shaking the pom-pom's for veolia all you like.....

Why do I say this...... smh... Having drivers work ridiculous hours & paying them next to nothing puts more money in "big bad veolia's" (your words) pockets.... That's what the hell they would gain..... Watch them start getting rid of drivers too.....

I have no reason to believe Veolia, come next year, will continue running things they way they currently are....

Why do I say this...... smh... Having drivers work ridiculous hours & paying them next to nothing puts more money in "big bad veolia's" (your words) pockets.... That's what the hell they would gain..... Watch them start getting rid of drivers too.....

Again I ask you, how would making drivers work 12+ hour days, put more money in Veolia's pocket, when they would have to pay them overtime ie more money in the drivers pocket instead of just keeping drivers at a 40 hour work week.

Yes, I have red pom poms, you can bash all you want, I don't care, it's funny... BUT what you say makes NO SENSE at all! Veolia would be losing lots of money in over time making drivers work 12+ hour days.

Again I ask you, how would making drivers work 12+ hour days, put more money in Veolia's pocket, when they would have to pay them overtime ie more money in the drivers pocket instead of just keeping drivers at a 40 hour work week.

Yes, I have red pom poms, you can bash all you want, I don't care, it's funny... BUT what you say makes NO SENSE at all! Veolia would be losing lots of money in over time making drivers work 12+ hour days.

Yeah, I will.... and it's funny the way you jump to Veolia's defense of anything negative said about them.... Hence, this whole exchange.....

Anyway, at a reduced pay rate & having much less drivers out there on the road, they as a company will end up pocketing money.... It's money they wouldn't have to pay out to the current amt. of b/o's otherwise.... what are you talking about.... No way will these drivers (of the ones that'll be left) in the long run make the same amt. of money as compared to say, that of a former LIB op..... You can keep up this oblivious act if you like....

Delusional if you think the leftover drivers would pull in "lots of money" for working OT under veolia/NICE, if they offered OT.....

That's even assuming they'd pay them the time & a half rate anyway....

The problem with your assumption[\B], besides the fact that's it's assumptions and based on no facts, is the union. How would Veolia reduce senior drivers pay, how would they get rid of many senior drivers, and/or how would they give all these overtime hours to the newbies and give the senior drivers nothing? They couldn't.

Now on to the next topic, is me defending a company not doing anything they are being accused of pathetic? Maybe? Kind of as pathetic as the poster who hates Veolia so much that he has to make up things to bash a company and assume what they will do. B)

The problem with your assumption[\B], besides the fact that's it's assumptions and based on no facts, is the union. How would Veolia reduce senior drivers pay, how would they get rid of many senior drivers, and/or how would they give all these overtime hours to the newbies and give the senior drivers nothing? They couldn't.

Now on to the next topic, is me defending a company not doing anything they are being accused of pathetic? Maybe? Kind of as pathetic as the poster who hates Veolia so much that he has to make up things to bash a company and assume what they will do. B)

You asked "why do I say this".... I then commented on the opinion I expressed in lieu of that disingenuous question of yours in the first place....

There is nothing made up, never claimed any of it was fact, so that shuts that down right there....

Given the negative track record Veolia has (and you can act stupefied to that too, just like you did w/ Keystone Regional), whatever negative assumptions of them I have aren't baseless....

As far as you defending veolia, do whatever you want.....

But to sit there & consider someone pathetic b/c they don't share similar sentiments about this company, is just as pathetic....

There is nothing made up, never claimed any of it was fact, so that shuts that down right there....

So what you posted isn't made up, and it isn't fact either? What exactly is it then?

As far as you defending veolia, do whatever you want.....

But to sit there & consider someone pathetic b/c they don't share similar sentiments about this company, is just as pathetic....

I guess I'm an awful person. Question, is it better/ok to call someone delusional if they don't share your opinion? For the record I don't think you're pathetic, a hypocrite maybe.

So what you posted isn't made up, and it isn't fact either? What exactly is it then?

1) If something isn't fact, it doesn't have to be "made up" to be opinionated....

Something "made up" to support a point is something not truthful (i.e, a lie).... Which I never attempted to do in the first place....

2) An opinion.

I guess I'm an awful person. Question, is it better/ok to call someone delusional if they don't share your opinion. For the record I don't think pathetic, a hypocrite maybe.

There's nothing hypocritical out of anything I said towards you...... You started out w/ the whole me being pathetic BS b/c I hate veolia so much, this that & the third... so my retort to you calling me pathetic for that reason, I deem just as pathetic..... Now you come on here with this sarcastic mention of you being this awful person.... Don't know, or really care why you're self dissing yourself to make a point, but whatever....

....and I never called you delusional, period - I was very specific with the conditions I appended that adjective to.... The basis of it was not simply because our opinions about veolia differ.... don't even try it.....

I'm not going to continue this childish bickering with you. The fact remains your opinion was nothing more than an assumption. You're assumption that Veolia will force drivers to work 12+ hour days with little or no breaks like luckybus (or whatever the name is) has been disproven by facts and logic. The end.

Archived