expired metrocard

azspeedbullet

If a card is expired, you actually can transfer the balance onto a new card. I've done it before. But if a year passes after it's expiration date, then the leftover balance becomes non-transferable.

That sounds about right. I rarely use Pay-Per-Ride cards, but I do recall hearing something like that.

If the card is expired then probably not... Another one the (MTA) is making money off of its riders... The only way you don't ripped off is if you use an Unlimited card. I wonder how many people use Pay-Per-Rides that don't even bother to transfer the balance?

I use Pay-Per-Rides, it's a lot more worth it for me then buying an Unlimited card, I save about $150 a semester from it as well.

If a card is expired, you actually can transfer the balance onto a new card. I've done it before. But if a year passes after it's expiration date, then the leftover balance becomes non-transferable.

Confirmed. Transfered $3.65 from an old Metro-Card onto a brand new one a few months ago. The station agent couldn't transfer it onto my existing one for some reason.

Confirmed. Transfered $3.65 from an old Metro-Card onto a brand new one a few months ago. The station agent couldn't transfer it onto my existing one for some reason.

So i guess that my expired 92 cent card is useless and non refundable if it cant be transferred card that has useable amount on it? Unless the agent has to issue a new card first, then do the transfer

You can actually transfer balances with the MVM's also.

When my previous PPR card was about to expire, I went to refill it after riding on the subway and the MVM asked if I wanted to transfer the balance to a new card since my card was going to expire in less than a month. I said yes and it put the balance on a new card. I still had a free transfer on the old card, so I used the old card to get on the bus.

After a year, you have to get an envelope and send it to their headquarters on Livingston Street for a refund (I forget the exact address, but it's printed on the pre-paid envelope). After 2 years, they get to keep your money.

You can send it away by asking the token booth for a refund envelope. Since it 92 cents that up to you if you want to do a 39 cents mail.

The envelope is pre-paid. Just ask the station agent for one. I had a $2.05 MetroCard that expired 2 years ago (I picked it up off the ground), and I sent it in. I still haven't gotten it back, though. I've had a lot of things going on, but when I get the chance, I'll call and ask about it.

The form has a tear-off where you can write the number of the MetroCard for your own records. Keep the tear-off in case they lose the MetroCard or something.

You don't have to get snooty out there. Don't forget when you grew up in the past it called what it is. Sometime people like to keep calling it because the style of it never change.

The stamp part i got to admit i knew i was wrong. I couldn't keep track of it anymore because of this "forever stamp." Also in past they used to have numbers on the stamp that tell you the actual retail price of it. Also picking up the envelope, i forgot it was a prepaid envelope. I haven't done it in long time because i was able to get rid of al these pay per ride Metro Card. I had at least 10 at one time and got it down to at least 2. One of the 10 Metro card expired and I tried to get everything to keep the money on my side till i am able to add it up to pay for the fare it required. I went to the booth to ask what to do and she handed me the envelope. I send it in and waited like a month or so for a reply. This was done like 3 years ago.

I might have a metrocard from 2007 with some money on it.i am going to try and transfer it to a new card at a mvm.Ill keep you guys posted if I'm succesfull.

You have 1 year to exchange card at an MVM machine/booth.

After 1 year to year 2, you must mail it in.

After year 2, kiss goodbye.

Archived