Happy Valentine Day 2012

Shortline Bus

Valentine's day is just a pseudo-holiday in my eyes. It is highly over-rated for all the wrong reasons. If you have a loved one show them love everyday not just on valentines's day. Just my two cents.

Hey young man NYCtrainfan(1) are you sure you not my younger twin brother lol? We think alot especially in our love for oldies woops 1970's/'80's music.:(

Back to topic. I agree with most of you. Valentine day is overrated but don't tell that to most woman. Not to mention how Valentine Day is now a multi-billion dollar business. Most candy and flower companies & card makers like hallmark getting at or close to their best sales of any "holiday" of the year. Even more than Christmas. Here a story from the ABC station in LA on how big a business Valentine Day has become.

Billions to be spent on Valentine's Day gifts | abc7.com

Hey young man NYCtrainfan(1) are you sure you not my younger twin brother lol? We think alot especially in our love for oldies woops 1970's/'80's music.:(

Back to topic. I agree with most of you. Valentine day is overrated but don't tell that to most woman. Not to mention how Valentine Day is now a multi-billion dollar business. Most candy companies and card makers like hallmark getting at or close to their best sales of any "holiday" of the year. Here a story from the ABC station in LA on how big a business Valentine Day has become.

Now now... We don't want to put Hallmark out of business... I mean where would they be without Valentine's Day? It's not like people are buying that many cards these days.

Back to topic. I agree with most of you. Valentine day is overrated but don't tell that to most woman. Not to mention how Valentine Day is now a multi-billion dollar business. Most candy and flower companies & card makers like hallmark getting at or close to their best sales of any "holiday" of the year. Even more than Christmas. Here a story from the ABC station in LA on how big a business Valentine Day has become.

Hmmm we might be related lol :( Agreed. V-day has became more of a

business day than anything else. I also agree with peacemak3r. Women do take this opportunity to get what they want. Kind of wish I didn't buy that bouquet of roses a few years back......

Now now... We don't want to put Hallmark out of business... I mean where would they be without Valentine's Day? It's not like people are buying that many cards these days.

VG8. Some people still like an old fashion card. If i send my mom a birthday or christmas card that made from the internet(I am serious) she would throw it away.

VG8. Some people still like an old fashion card. If i send my mom a birthday or christmas card that made from the internet(I am serious) she would throw it away.

Oh I do too, but many people are going the cheap and easy route and are doing the internet thing. We do it here in the office and I hate it. I don't bother sending anything unless I get high quality American made cards from Hallmark.

Yeah, all the simps were out there in full effect yesterday....

Have some of these broads out here tell it, chocolate, flowers,cards, and/or candy aint cuttin it anymore.... walkin around in midtown, those "joolery" stores had more ppl. in em than normal..... How long does cuffin season have to last for cryin out loud..... I swear it gets larger/longer as the yrs. go by.....

Tell me this....

At the sake of sounding misogynistic here, the men gotta go all out they way to make sure they woman is pleased on this one day.... This "holiday" is all about the woman, not expressing the love each party has for their partner.... Severely one sided....

Why do I say that.... Well, how many women you see/saw bustin their humps going out to please their men (by offering anything outside of what they give up to their man on any other night... i.e, sex, that is)....

Poor soul goin out gettin that ____ hundred dollar necklace to appease your affection, the least you can get that brotha is that madden '12 yo !.... But of course, that might be conducive to him not having to put up with countless hours of the perpetual nagging, complaining, general dispositions of unsatisfaction....

lemme stop here.....

Valentine's day, bah... humbug !

Have some of these broads out here tell it, chocolate, flowers,cards, and/or candy aint cuttin it anymore.... walkin around in midtown, those "joolery" stores had more ppl. in em than normal.....

Tell me this....

At the sake of sounding misogynistic here, the men gotta go all out they way to make sure they woman is pleased on this one day.... This "holiday" is all about the woman, not expressing the love each party has for their partner.... Severely one sided....

Why do I say that.... Well, how many women you see/saw bustin their humps going out to please their men (by offering anything outside of what they give up to their man on any other night... i.e, sex)....

Goin out gettin that ____ hundred dollar necklace, the least you can that poor brotha is that madden '12.... But of course, that might be conducive to not having to put up with countless hours of the nagging, the complaining, the general disposition of unsatisfaction....

lemme stop here.....

And the women that do buy their husbands or boyfriends stuff usually spend the guy's money doing so... lol I would not want a chick like this... "Oh here honey, I got you these David Yurman cufflinks to add to your collection". You check you AMEX the next day and see that the cufflinks were $2,000.00 and charged to you. Some gift getter eh... B) LOL

Bro I agree. However if you said this in your face to many of thsee so called 'girlfriends' you, myself and all of the guys here would get a slap in a face though. However the truth hurts, it's a day for the ladies though. lol.

Have some of these broads out here tell it, chocolate, flowers,cards, and/or candy aint cuttin it anymore.... walkin around in midtown, those "joolery" stores had more ppl. in em than normal..... How long does cuffin season have to last for cryin out loud..... I swear it gets larger/longer as the yrs. go by.....

Tell me this....

Why do I say that.... Well, how many women you see/saw bustin their humps going out to please their men (by offering anything outside of what they give up to their man on any other night... i.e, sex, that is)....

Poor soul goin out gettin that ____ hundred dollar necklace to appease your affection, the least you can get that brotha is that madden '12 yo !.... But of course, that might be conducive to him not having to put up with countless hours of the perpetual nagging, complaining, general dispositions of unsatisfaction....

lemme stop here.....

Bro I agree. However if you said this in your face to many of thsee so called 'girlfriends' you, myself and all of the guys here would get a slap in a face though. However the truth hurts, it's a day for the ladies though. lol.

My grandfather once said "women don't get mad, they get even"....

I wish he were alive today so I could give him the update.... These women get mad AND even.

A literal slap in the face pales in comparison to the methaphorical slap in the face we as men end up getting.....

And the women that do buy their husbands or boyfriends stuff usually spend the guy's money doing so... lol I would not want a chick like this... "Oh here honey, I got you these David Yurman cufflinks to add to your collection". You check you AMEX the next day and see that the cufflinks were $2,000.00 and charged to you. Some gift getter eh... B) LOL

heh... guess we as men gotta give a pat on the back to these type of women because "hey, at least they tried".... Some men are okay with that; more power to them.... Then again, these are the same guys that let their women pull that isht year round anyway... so to them it's like what's the difference.....

If I wanted 2k priced cufflinks, you'd think I'd have bought them for myself long before some Valentine's day....

'Look at these new cufflinks I bought myself yesterday.... because I loooooove myself '

Sensationalization makes me sick....

heh... guess we as men gotta give a pat on the back to these type of women because "hey, at least they tried".... Some men are okay with that; more power to them.... Then again, these are the same guys that let their women pull that isht year round anyway... so to them it's like what's the difference.....

If I wanted 2k priced cufflinks, you'd think I'd have bought them for myself long before some Valentine's day....

'Look at these new cufflinks I bought myself yesterday.... because I loooooove myself '

Sensationalization makes me sick....

You know what excuse they would use... I like to see my man looking good. Just not at her expense. LOL

Tell me this....

lemme stop here.....

Were you reading my mind yesterday? ;) in all seriousness, you're completely right. They don't want those flowers no more they want diamonds. Then they get the nerve to be upset because it was only one thing you got them ( what they really wanted too ) and not more ( had this happen to me before ) sometimes they don't even appreciate what you get them. V-day is for both men and women but it just became to overrated. At the end of the day your hard earned money is wasted for nothing.

Were you reading my mind yesterday? ;) in all seriousness, you're completely right. They don't want those flowers no more they want diamonds. Then they get the nerve to be upset because it was only one thing you got them ( what they really wanted too ) and not more ( had this happen to me before ) sometimes they don't even appreciate what you get them. V-day is for both men and women but it just became to overrated. At the end of the day your hard earned money is wasted for nothing.

Yup, how about that - Got the nerve to be ungrateful on top of it all... Be lucky you got something; because more & more men have gotten on that "V-day is bullshit" tip.... Sheer case of damned if you do, damned if you don't.....

"____ dollars... that's it... that's ALL you think of me" - As if love can be quantified....

Anyway, lol @ the amt. of flowers I saw in the garbage (both city & personal) b/w the time after I left work yesterday, and throughout today.....

Flowers have no re-sell value, especially the ones sold by ghetto cupid out there on the streetcorner....

Jewelry/diamonds sure as hell do though !

To these dudes out here simping..... If all you got (or feel like you got) to bring to the table in a relationship is money, prepare to get suckered out of every last nickel by these women... that's the one time I do agree with golddigging - they deserve to get robbed blind if that's only how they present themselves as men....

Aside from all that, props to all the women that don't/didn't get caught up in V-day that sincerely & truly do love the men in their lives, regardless of what day out of the year it is......

Hey young man NYCtrainfan(1) are you sure you not my younger twin brother lol? We think alot especially in our love for oldies woops 1970's/'80's music.;)

As my teachers said, wait until the day after Valentine's Day when everything is half price to get the roses and chocolates. One of my teachers said "I'll do you a favor and give you some homework so you have an excuse to pick up the chocolates tomorrow instead of today. Just make sure you rip off the 1/2 price sticker" ;)

Another one of my teachers said that his wife specifically asked him to pick up the chocolates 1/2 price, or else he's sleeping on the couch. :( Man, that's exactly how I'd want my wife. :tup:

And the women that do buy their husbands or boyfriends stuff usually spend the guy's money doing so... lol I would not want a chick like this... "Oh here honey, I got you these David Yurman cufflinks to add to your collection". You check you AMEXt the next day and see that the cufflinks were $2,000.00 and charged to you. Some gift getter eh... :( LOL

During the holiday season, my school sells "candy grams" for $1, which are basically a candy cane attached to a note (written by the person who paid $1).

So anyway, one of my friends asked me to borrow a dollar. I asked her a couple of days later when she was going to pay me back. She said "Oh, I used it to buy you a candy gram". I'm like "Yeah, I'd rather have the money back, thank you very much". It's not much of a "gift" if it's paid for with my own money. If she wants to get me one, that's fine, but it's coming out of her pocket, not mine.

I didn't get the note, but I really didn't care. As long as I got my dollar back.

I'm such a cheapskate. That's why I don't have a girlfriend. ;)

Stay single, your pockets will jingle.

Good point. If you find mister or miss right though that not a golddigger(there are a few ladies out there that are old school and not love a man because he has a large bank account)then having a GF/Wife can be one of the great joys of life.

With that said, If I ever get married Valentine's is so overrated. Instead the only days I would buy gifts for my honey would be on her birthday and also on Christmas. Not to get off topic but a big reason marriages/long term romances end so quick these days is that many of the ladies are watching these reality shows and except their hubby's/BF's to buy them Lexus, or other expensive cars, jewelry, etc.

Again I love to get marry as i turn 40 years of age later this year for the right lady. And Valentine Day will never be that important to me.

Archived