Big "Adventure" on the 319 the other night

PinePower

Monday going back to NY on the 319 the driver pulls over near Secaucus and says he's being held there by supervision. About 10-15 mins later the NJ State Troopers get on the bus with their guns drawn telling people to put their hands up. Apparently there was a report of a man with a gun on our bus, but after they searched the bus they couldn't find him, apparently they got the wrong bus. I sure hope they found the right bus that night, they said the man had pulled a gun on a passenger somewhere on a bus passing through Bass River Twp. I was sure glad everything turned out OK for us, the bus driver said this happened twice before to him, the other 2 times the wanted man was on the bus. One of those times they were able follow a guy who had just murdered someone in AC to the bus term where he got on the bus, carrying the gun and all.

Never knew the 319 had such problems. So much stuff goes unreported in the news. I just want to thank the driver for staying cool through the whole thing and the Troopers for making sure the bus was safe.

Never knew the 319 had such problems.

You do get some characters from time to time on that route.... A while back, I posted about there being one time while waiting for the NB 319 @ Toms River, there was a mother-daughter combo that accused a man of touching the girl while she was sleep....

In any event, these occurrences can happen on any bus....

I heard nothing over the radio, nor any reports of said incident.

.....and I did the 319 the past 4 days.

Was this during the daytime or nighttime? Evening/Nighttime hours when I do the 319, it's usually quiet.

As for waiting 10 to 15 minutes for NJST, I find that incredible since if the gunman was on the bus, he could of told the B/O to go or ELSE. No way a Gunman would wait 15 minutes. That's insane.

Pine, I suggest you fix your story. I did my own investigation and THE DRIVER said nothing like that happened.

Last time a driver was robbed at knife point on a 553 the police was there in 2mins. There is no way in hell NJSP would wait 15 MINS ON A INTERSTATE TRIP ON A NJT BUS. Incase you didn't know there are tons of unmarked NJSP cars on the NJ Turnpike & GSP and someone would have been there in less then 5 mins.

I've done the last 319 out of PA and it was about 12 ppl on it. And the last Meadowland run out of AC is NEVER FULL.

Was this during the daytime or nighttime? Evening/Nighttime hours when I do the 319, it's usually quiet.

As for waiting 10 to 15 minutes for NJST, I find that incredible since if the gunman was on the bus, he could of told the B/O to go or ELSE. No way a Gunman would wait 15 minutes. That's insane.

It was in the nighttime, around 8:15pm, 7pm trip from Toms River. I think the police were there fairly soon but didn't board the bus right away. I'm surprised it took that long too, but about 7 years ago when I lived somewhere else there was man with a knife stabbing people in another apt in my building and it took about 15-20 minutes before NCPD entered the bldg.

When the cops finally entered they found machetes and MS-13 gang activity in the other apartment. I moved out of that place soon after.

Pine, I suggest you fix your story. I did my own investigation and THE DRIVER said nothing like that happened.

Last time a driver was robbed at knife point on a 553 the police was there in 2mins. There is no way in hell NJSP would wait 15 MINS ON A INTERSTATE TRIP ON A NJT BUS. Incase you didn't know there are tons of unmarked NJSP cars on the NJ Turnpike & GSP and someone would have been there in less then 5 mins.

I've done the last 319 out of PA and it was about 12 ppl on it. And the last Meadowland run out of AC is NEVER FULL.

I'm telling you what I saw. My bus wasn't full either, only about 50% full. I'm suprised they had us wait that long too but I'm telling you what happened. Trust me I wish I wasn't there to experience it but I was, and I'm just glad everyone was safe. I dont know why the driver wouldn't tell you what happened, but it was the guy that wears the old style drivers hat. It didn't take 15 min for them to board, maybe 10 min. But in no way was it just a few mins. Alot of passengers were getting annoyed too at the delay getting angry at the driver, but like I said he kept it cool and professional. He just had to say he was being held there by supervision. But I couldn't see in back of the bus, the cops were probably there sooner but didn't board until enough backup arrived.

smh.... I wouldn't even make somethin like that up...... full knowin there's a few NJT b/o's on the forum that can easily verify the isht......

just isn't smart......

And said driver only does the 319 and nothing else. And when he pulls over its because he has to use the bathroom.

The icing on the cake would be to have the supposed driver of that bus in that little story, verified as an NJT b/o as a registrant on this forum for the sole purpose of sorting this bullshit out...

...and to think I gave this guy credit for being credible in the NICE section of the forum.

Should have known better, since he's known in this community for embellishing the hell out of things....

IMO this sounds like a quiet way to say the 319 ain't safe to ride; that's how it came off to me.

How did the b/o know the gunman had a gun?

The b/o wouldn't have called supervision SINCE the gunman would have saw him do so; nah f*** that NO B/O WOULD RISK THAT!

No gunman on this planet would sit and wait for cops to come and arrest his ass....

Lol B35 when I see him again I will mention that to him which i will tonight.

IMO this sounds like a quiet way to say the 319 ain't safe to ride; that's how it came off to me.

How did the b/o know the gunman had a gun?

The b/o wouldn't have called supervision SINCE the gunman would have saw him do so; nah f*** that NO B/O WOULD RISK THAT!

No gunman on this planet would sit and wait for cops to come and arrest his ass....

Lol B35 when I see him again I will mention that to him which i will tonight.

I dont know who made the call but it wasn't the bus operator, probably a passenger on one of the buses. And I aint saying the 319 aint safe to ride that could happen on any bus.

I just figured I'd share the story here and praise the bus operator and the police, but it seems no matter what I say some people always take it the wrong way and go off on me. B)

I could've made a video of the whole thing but I dont think the Troopers would've liked that.

I feel like I was in the twilight zone, I was on that bus, I saw and heard what happened but no one believes me and everyone is being hush hush.

I'm just glad no one was hurt and he wasn't on our bus. I sure hope they found him. I hope it wasn't someone's idea of a hoax!!

This is the last I'm saying on this subject.

How did one of the pax know the gunman had a gun? But yet you say"you hope they find him" please stop while you can. Which insists there was never a gunman on the bus.

I'm not out to not believe you, I'm just saying I know what's going on....

One last thing, the 319 ain exactly the 166 when it comes to buses on the road, if it was the wrong bus the other 319 that was out would have been stopped also.

Taken the wrong way....

Right, just like that other story about an NJT bus you were on that supposedly was doin some damn 60 in the lincoln tunnel....

It's the last you're sayin on this subject b/c you can't think of anything else to say after your 2 previous attempts at damage control which were both Fails....

Yeah right you posted this crap to praise the b/o & the police... mind you, the same police that was supposedly 10-15 mins. late ?!? ....and then to say that the driver said 2 similar incidents happened to him.... We get an NJT b/o here that contacted this driver (which you say you're praising... lying on him is part of that package deal too huh...) that claims none of this happened, and you still attempted to carry out this charade....

Stop insulting our intelligence.

I know what I saw and what I was told. You know what, I left Youtube and I'm leaving here as well. I'm done with transit stuff. I'm sorry to everyone here for voicing my observations and opinion. I dont have any reason to make stuff up. I really thought I was done with high school...goodbye folks.

I dont know who made the call but it wasn't the bus operator, probably a passenger on one of the buses. And I aint saying the 319 aint safe to ride that could happen on any bus.

I just figured I'd share the story here and praise the bus operator and the police, but it seems no matter what I say some people always take it the wrong way and go off on me. B)

I could've made a video of the whole thing but I dont think the Troopers would've liked that.

I feel like I was in the twilight zone, I was on that bus, I saw and heard what happened but no one believes me and everyone is being hush hush.

I'm just glad no one was hurt and he wasn't on our bus. I sure hope they found him. I hope it wasn't someone's idea of a hoax!!

This is the last I'm saying on this subject.

No one believes you welcome to my world I put up with SHIT way too often.

Taken the wrong way....

Right, just like that other story about an NJT bus you were on that supposedly was doin some damn 60 in the lincoln tunnel....

It's the last you're sayin on this subject b/c you can't think of anything else to say after your 2 previous attempts at damage control which were both Fails....

Yeah right you posted this crap to praise the b/o & the police... mind you, the same police that was supposedly 10-15 mins. late ?!? ....and then to say that the driver said 2 similar incidents happened to him.... We get an NJT b/o here that contacted this driver (which you say you're praising... lying on him is part of that package deal too huh...) that claims none of this happened, and you still attempted to carry out this charade....

Stop insulting our intelligence.

welcome to my world ppl do that to me all the time well I am exaggerating a bit.

Yeah, you catch your fair share of flack around here, but the one thing I can say about you is that you DO admit to exaggerations....

This guy here though, NEVER does.

That is beacause you can't predict the future even if a new service can be a hit you can't predict how bad crowding can get so I go on a guestimate based on travel patterns. It can either fail or win but to never try is the ultimate failure.

Damn, now pine has quit YT as well and is closing all three of his pages.

Sometimes dude has decent videos though.

The OP made me chuckle as it reminded me of the Biggie song "Kick in the door"... "The Kick in the door wave the 44" line to be exact.

I know pine didn't mention any doors being kicked but that song popping up in my head when his post.

aww.... him mad.... don't you wanna pinch his wittle cheeks.....

I like how he's venting his anger at myself & 553 through his frustrations with google on his little "last video"......

what a sucker move if I ever saw one.....

This.

He tried doing the same thing w/ the 559 a while back, talkin about all the hispanics (or as he deems em, illegals) that use the route.....

Archived