Trying to understand pick lists

nostalgia

Somebody posted a message with a link to winter pick lists at LGA. I found the lists to be highly informative. To get a better understanding, I created an excel spreadsheet listing all the trips from the public timetable and entered the run numbers for the Q100.

Most operators stay on the Q100 the whole day but there is some interlining because somebody is on meal break or the next bus in sequence is going to the barn because it was the operator's last trip.

I need some help with the acronyms. I can't cut and paste from a JPG format so I'm going to copy some info:

Pay hours: 8:51

SRV 7:39

ML :20

Tva :25

Swing :00

Alw :00

R&C :15

DOT :12

S/Diff 8:24

SRV is the amount of time behind the wheel. ML is the 20 minute meal period. Tva is travel time from the depot to the first and last stops of the day.

Swing has something to do with the operator returning to the depot and going out again later in the day. ALW (Allowance?) is a mystery. R&C seems like a rest period. For example, a bus goes to the end of the line. The operator has R&C time before the 20 minute meal period begins. I don't know what S/Diff is but I do know the difference between pay hours (8:51) and S/Diff (8:24) is :27. R&C + DOT = :27. I don't know what DOT means.

Would somebody please fill in the blanks.

Thank you for your assistance. :confused:

The R & C is (should be) for Report and Clear. You get 10 mins report (to do your paperwork) and you get 5 mins to clear (turn your paperwork in)

That makes sense. The pick list shows OUT ten minutes after REPORT and CLEAR is five minutes after AT GARAGE.

Thank you. :tup:

DOT stands for pre and post trip, regarding R&C I don't know about that.

Do you mean before and after each trip? If that's true, the DOT should be very high but instead it's very low (in minutes.)

Do you know what S/Diff is? I know it doesn't include Report and Clear and DOT.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw photos of the Q53 laying over at the 116th street subway station with run ids 343 and 308 showing in the number box. That seems odd because I thought run ids were four numbers.

I now notice that the pick list has two numbers. One number is tied to the route number and there's another number I don't understand.

From the Q103, the pick list reads

0301 [098]

0302 [127]

0303 [160]

The runid is based on the last two digits of the route. So Q47 is 47XX and

Q100 is 00XX. But what is the number in [ ]? It looks like that's the number that goes into the box. But the numbers aren't sequential and don't begin with 001.:confused:

Archived