What is your favourite McDonalds Meal?

lilbluefoxie

What is your favourite McDonalds Meal?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite McDonalds Meal?

• Big Mac
    • Southern Style Chicken
    • Quarter Pounder
    • Happy Meal
    • Salad
    • McRib

I don't even eat at mickey d's any more for burgers lol. I now eat at other places every once in a while such as Burger King or Wendy's for that. Maybe every few months a chicken sandwich or nuggets or sometimes their ice cream at mcdonalds that all.B)

PS Foxie you should add chicken mcnuggets to the choices as well.

I don't even eat at mickey d's any more for burgers lol. I now eat at other places every once in a while such as Burger King or Wendy's for that. Maybe every few months a chicken sandwich or nuggets or sometimes their ice cream at mcdonalds that all.B)

PS Foxie you should add chicken mcnuggets to the choices as well.

I have no idea how to edit polls, can you put it in for me?

None... I haven't eaten any McDonald's in almost 8 years. The closest thing to fast food that I've had was Subways and I even stopped eating that even though I was only getting mainly veggies with the veggie patty. I think I broke down sometime last year and had a veggie sandwich at Subways though but nothing else from there. I had a water with me that I drank on the side. I try to limit my intake of any processed food. I did eat the salad's at McDonald's for a while with the grilled chicken but realized that there is very little vegetables in the salad. Mainly lettuce, which has very little nutritional value.

I limit myself to how much I intake at McDonald's...I remember ordering large fries but now I order small fries and a sandwich. I burn off anything anyway, since I'm always active and on my feet. Thank goodness, I could be worse....

I'm not even being facetious or sarcastic with this... but I love how almost every thread about food on this forum has some mention of eating healthy.... that's good, b/c on this other forum I frequent sometimes, all the food threads tend to turn into a pissing contest somewhere down the line (for example, you'll have one guy talkin bout he can eat 20 mcnuggets, 2 big mac's & large fries.... and in a couple posts later, someone'll state how much more they can eat than that)... smfh... but in any event......

- lol @ happy meal.....

- mickey d's salad contains more sugar than the dam mcdonaldland cookies.... no thanks.

I aint a salad eater anyway (get ya minds out the gutter)....

- never had their southern chicken or w/e....

- tried that mcrib once... never again...

- don't really care for a quarter pounder; it tastes like nothin more than an oversized cheeseburger....

besides, if I wanna sit there & pick out onions, I'll get myself a whopper jr from BK...

Only thing I eat from mcdonalds when I do go there (outside of fries) is the big mac & the mcnuggets....

Lately, I've been on a burger king kick anyway... breakfast & lunch.....

I limit myself to how much I intake at McDonald's...I remember ordering large fries but now I order small fries and a sandwich. I burn off anything anyway, since I'm always active and on my feet. Thank goodness, I could be worse....

lol... When I was in my 20s I could eat whatever too and still stay slim. Of course in my teenage years I stayed in shape playing pickup hockey with the guys from Gerritsen Beach or Sheepshead Bay. Once you get an office job though it becomes tough especially if you're like me infront of a computer screen for hours on end. That's why watching what you eat becomes more important, plus at 30 now my metabolism has slowed slightly, so I watch what I eat and get as much exercise as I can now. I've been a size 36 waist since I was in high school and I'm determined to keep that same waist size until eternity. I'll let KR do the beer belly honors. lol

Actually since I am a swimmer I burn a lot of calories and stuff so I need to make up for the energy I lost...

So that means that you don't eat the crap they serve at McDonald's then? At least I hope not. I'm still trying to understand how in the world a burger bun and a burger after months of sitting in the same spot doesn't show even the slightest sign of going bad. That right there is one reason why I will never touch anything from McDonald's again. I mean that's not even food. Just some weird chemical garbage put together. Even the smell from that place is chemical driven. Makes me sick just smelling it. :eek:

I'm not even being facetious or sarcastic with this... but I love how almost every thread about food on this forum has some mention of eating healthy.... that's good, b/c on this other forum I frequent sometimes, all the food threads tend to turn into a pissing contest somewhere down the line (for example, you'll have one guy talkin bout he can eat 20 mcnuggets, 2 big mac's & large fries.... and in a couple posts later, someone'll state how much more they can eat than that)... smfh... but in any event......

- lol @ happy meal.....

- mickey d's salad contains more sugar than the dam mcdonaldland cookies.... no thanks.

I aint a salad eater anyway (get ya minds out the gutter)....

- never had their southern chicken or w/e....

- tried that mcrib once... never again...

- don't really care for a quarter pounder; it tastes like nothin more than an oversized cheeseburger....

besides, if I wanna sit there & pick out onions, I'll get myself a whopper jr from BK...

Only thing I eat from mcdonalds when I do go there (outside of fries) is the big mac & the mcnuggets....

Lately, I've been on a burger king kick anyway... breakfast & lunch.....

I tell ya, we've lost the idea of portion control in this country. I remember as a kid my mom taking me to Wendy's or somewhere after having gone shopping or whatever and having just a cheeseburger and a small fries with one of those small drinks. Then everything became ENORMOUS... Super sized this and super sized that... It's like suddenly we forget about portion control and just said f-it, I'll eat 20 McNuggets because McDonald's offers it. I'm not exactly sure why folks are more health conscious (or at least some people are trying to be, but it's a start I guess). I mean I don't see as many obese folks about as I used to see in the past, but that could be due to the places that I frequent which are health conscious. Every now and then you'll see a fat person in Whole Foods like this afternoon. I see this fat lady at the register and I was sort of wondering to myself now what does someone in her position buy? I always see these folks and think, okay I don't think you really need that. lol Meanwhile I'm built like a model. Tall and slim. Wouldn't change it for the world. :cool:

lSo that means that you don't eat the crap they serve at McDonald's then? At least I hope not. I'm still trying to understand how in the world a burger bun and a burger after months of sitting in the same spot doesn't show even the slightest sign of going bad. That right there is one reason why I will never touch anything from McDonald's again. I mean that's not even food. Just some weird chemical garbage put together. Even the smell from that place is chemical driven. Makes me sick just smelling it. :eek:

I actually eat Subway's. I rarely eat McDonald's.

I tell ya, we've lost the idea of portion control in this country. I remember as a kid my mom taking me to Wendy's or somewhere after having gone shopping or whatever and having just a cheeseburger and a small fries with one of those small drinks. Then everything became ENORMOUS... Super sized this and super sized that... It's like suddenly we forget about portion control and just said f-it, I'll eat 20 McNuggets because McDonald's offers it. I'm not exactly sure why folks are more health conscious (or at least some people are trying to be, but it's a start I guess). I mean I don't see as many obese folks about as I used to see in the past, but that could be due to the places that I frequent which are health conscious. Every now and then you'll see a fat person in Whole Foods like this afternoon. I see this fat lady at the register and I was sort of wondering to myself now what does someone in her position buy? I always see these folks and think, okay I don't think you really need that. lol Meanwhile I'm built like a model. Tall and slim. Wouldn't change it for the world. :cool:

Portion control is directly proportional to how important keeping is a particular weight (range) is to any one person.... at least, IMO.....

Anyway, I don't "try" to keep a particular shape or build.... All I'll say is that I'm not some chiseled, john basedow chiseled lookin dude, nor am I that fat slob w/ the double beer belly (with the matching chin).... Glad I have a high metabolism, and don't mind walking long distances at all.... I used to hit up gyms & what not, but eventually I found it to be nothin more than a waste of time & money.... and find myself having less headaches now that I don't have to be subjected to the BO's of dozens of different mf-ers.....

As far as being health conscious.... to tell the truth, I think some ppl. are OD-ing with the whole being healthy bit.... Was just talkin to my lil bro about, back then, you aint had no broccoli or a slice of tomato on no pizza... now you go into a pizza store, and you have to stand there & say "regular" slice..... When you went to a pizza store when we were kids, you went in that sucker, said "lemme get ___ slices".... they knew you meant a plain slice, and that was the end of it.....

The whole extra value meal, and supersize this & that I never bought into.... To me, I always viewed it was a way of these fast food joints suckering you out of money.... you really didn't get THAT much for the increase in price, compared to the "regular" portions.....

Yeah, I used to eat Subway's regularly, but everything is processed, so I consider that to be like my "McDonald's".

I stopped eating from subways, for the simple fact that they shortchange you on meats, sit there & count the slices of cheese, and my personal favorite....

the getting of BOTH hands ready to drown your sandwich in lettuce.

Portion control is directly proportional to how important keeping is a particular weight (range) is to any one person.... at least, IMO.....

Anyway, I don't "try" to keep a particular shape or build.... All I'll say is that I'm not some chiseled, john basedow chiseled lookin dude, nor am I that fat slob w/ the double beer belly (with the matching chin).... Glad I have a high metabolism, and don't mind walking long distances at all.... I used to hit up gyms & what not, but eventually I found it to be nothin more than a waste of time & money.... and find myself having less headaches now that I don't have to be subjected to the BO's of dozens of different mf-ers.....

As far as being health conscious.... to tell the truth, I think some ppl. are OD-ing with the whole being healthy bit.... Was just talkin to my lil bro about, back then, you aint had no broccoli or a slice of tomato on no pizza... now you go into a pizza store, and you have to stand there & say "regular" slice..... When you went to a pizza store when we were kids, you went in that sucker, said "lemme get ___ slices".... they knew you meant a plain slice, and that was the end of it.....

Well as far as the pizza thing goes, I'll tell you exactly where that comes from... Someone found out how they do things in Italy and brought it back here. Seriously this whole "panini" craze... When I was living in Italy you'd go what we call a "bar" (more like an American café) and there you could pick up "tramezzini" (regular sandwiches but with the bread crust taken off), have an espresso and so on. However, at a place along the autostrada (highway) you can find some places that offer "panini" (basically various types of sandwiches served on various sorts of breads that are pressed). I came back here and suddenly there was this friggin' "panini" craze. What I love the most is when I ask for a "panino" (singular for sandwich) and these idiots go correcting me talking about "oh you want a panini?", as if somehow they know more than I do about Italian food. LOL I usually just go along with it and chuckle to myself.

Back to the pizza craze... In Italy you can find all sorts of pizza (including pizza without tomato sauce, more common in Northern and Central Italy). There they experiment w/different topings and such. The pizza we eat here is from the South (i.e. Naples, Sicily, etc.) where they tend to use tomatoes moreso...

Neapolitan pizza (which I've had when I went to Naples)... Very different from pizza in say Florence, though of course you can get pizza w/sauce as you would in Naples. I often times order a pizza without sauce and the stupid pizzeria near me on Staten Island will call me and ask me "You want a pizza with no sauce??" and I'm like yeah that's right, no sauce. LOL You have a lot of authentic Italian places opening up here and there (even some in ghetto areas) and so they're stepping up their game and folks are taking notice. The more fancier folks think the food is, the more they may be willing to pay for it. LOL

The whole extra value meal, and supersize this & that I never bought into.... To me, I always viewed it was a way of these fast food joints suckering you out of money.... you really didn't get THAT much for the increase in price, compared to the "regular" portions.....

My sentiments exactly... That and the fact they need to find a lot to make more money off of you... The more of the product they buy, the cheaper they can get it and still make a decent profit selling it to the public.

I stopped eating from subways, for the simple fact that they shortchange you on meats, sit there & count the slices of cheese, and my personal favorite....

the getting of BOTH hands ready to drown your sandwich in lettuce.

LOL... Well Subways is not the place to go if you're looking for a "meaty" sandwich. The whole idea is for it to be healthy, so naturally they would skimp on the meat, simply because the meat is what has the most sodium and other stuff. As for the lettuce, that's moreso true for the ones in Manhattan. The ones in more residential areas won't skimp on the spinach and such and they don't charge extra. I used to get the chicken breast and have them cut the breasts up and then warm it and put my toppings and veggies on it. Whenever I do go now, it's usually for the veggie burger w/spinach, tomatoes and carrots (which some places don't carry now :P)) on wheat bread w/a squirt :eek: (lol) of ranch sauce.

Good to know, about the pizza thing.

As far as subway..... when they revamped their menu to be more healthy, that's when they got popular/notoriety... that's when you saw the mad-dashed rampant propping up of establishments all over the place.... Subway wasn't always like that; it rivaled with blimpie's, and at the time, blimpie's was the place to go (as far as chain, sandwich shops are concerned).... nobody thought twice about subway...

I hate to put it like this, but at the height of the (sudden) 21st century health kick that started here in america, that is when subway switched up to being more healthy & what not.... nobody really thinks about that.... Whoever's in their marketing/advertising dept. are pure geniuses.... they benefitted off perfect timing.... Me myself, I still favor blimpie - problem is I can't find ONE here in NYC anymore....

btw, I can tell you for sure that it's not just, or moreso the manhattan subways where the "sandwich artists" OD on the lettuce, and where you have to pay extra for meats & cheese..... no matter what sandwich you order (I used to get the pastrami myself), they are ready w/ that goddamn lettuce... they probably teach them that at the subway school of sandwich making (or w/e name they actually call it)....

lmao @ the chrome plated "degrees" they got up on the walls in the establisments.....

Its not on the poll, but its a combo of things. Its either:

(No coupon / 2 for $3 sale for fish filet)

1 McChicken

2 4 Pc McNuggets (sweet chili sauce :cool:)

2 Apple pies

1 Small fry

(with coupon / 2 for $3 sale for fish fillet)

2 Fish Filet

1 or 2 4 Pc Mcnuggets

2 Apple pies

sometimes small fry.

(I know I sound like im ordering lol :P)