What is your favourite McDonalds Meal?

lilbluefoxie

What is your favourite McDonalds Meal?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite McDonalds Meal?

• Big Mac
    • Southern Style Chicken
    • Quarter Pounder
    • Happy Meal
    • Salad
    • McRib

Good to know, about the pizza thing.

As far as subway..... when they revamped their menu to be more healthy, that's when they got popular/notoriety... that's when you saw the mad-dashed rampant propping up of establishments all over the place.... Subway wasn't always like that; it rivaled with blimpie's, and at the time, blimpie's was the place to go (as far as chain, sandwich shops are concerned).... nobody thought twice about subway...

I hate to put it like this, but at the height of the (sudden) 21st century health kick that started here in america, that is when subway switched up to being more healthy & what not.... nobody really thinks about that.... Whoever's in their marketing/advertising dept. are pure geniuses.... they benefitted off perfect timing.... Me myself, I still favor blimpie - problem is I can't find ONE here in NYC anymore....

btw, I can tell you for sure that it's not just, or moreso the manhattan subways where the "sandwich artists" OD on the lettuce, and where you have to pay extra for meats & cheese..... no matter what sandwich you order (I used to get the pastrami myself), they are ready w/ that goddamn lettuce... they probably teach them that at the subway school of sandwich making (or w/e name they actually call it)....

lmao @ the chrome plated "degrees" they got up on the walls in the establisments.....

Man Blimpies... LOL... When I was a kid my mom would take me to one from time to time... Then I got bored with it. The last Blimpies I saw was in Grand Central and then I heard about some sort of rat problem in the place and it was shut down. In sum, Subways and also Quiznos has run them off of the map. They never changed their menu (at least not to my knowledge since the last time I ate in one was well over 15 years ago :eek:) and so health conscious folks looked elsewhere. I remember a Quiznos commercial talking about how they give more meat than Subways and now I don't hear anything about Quiznos. Personally I never got into them either. As for the lettuce thing, the Subway on Sheepshead Bay Rd by the train station has no problem giving me spinach and lots of it... Tomatoes too. :cool: I hate lettuce and always refuse to take any since it has very little nutritional value.

I used to like their Happy Meal for the price until they shrunk the size of their fries.

LOL... I didn't know grown-ups ordered Happy Meals... Learn something new every day.

My usual order at McDonalds is:

2 McDoubles, No Onions & Pickles

Boy it's been a while for me and McDonald's... What in the world is a McDouble?? :confused:

lol... When I was in my 20s I could eat whatever too and still stay slim. Of course in my teenage years I stayed in shape playing pickup hockey with the guys from Gerritsen Beach or Sheepshead Bay. Once you get an office job though it becomes tough especially if you're like me infront of a computer screen for hours on end. That's why watching what you eat becomes more important, plus at 30 now my metabolism has slowed slightly, so I watch what I eat and get as much exercise as I can now. I've been a size 36 waist since I was in high school and I'm determined to keep that same waist size until eternity. I'll let KR do the beer belly honors. lol

You want to hear my waist line size? 28 ! And I lost weight...last year I weighed in @145 and now I weigh 140. With all the garbage I eat I don't even know but thankfully I'm active. Like you said sitting down in a chair all day is not for me. I've just about had it with office work. When my H&R Block stint is over on April 17th I'm never going back to office duties again. I'll probably find another retail job to supplement my current retail job. I'd rather be on my feet for the most part anyway.

You want to hear my waist line size? 28 ! And I lost weight...last year I weighed in @145 and now I weigh 140. With all the garbage I eat I don't even know but thankfully I'm active. Like you said sitting down in a chair all day is not for me. I've just about had it with office work. When my H&R Block stint is over on April 17th I'm never going back to office duties again. I'll probably find another retail job to supplement my current retail job. I'd rather be on my feet for the most part anyway.

god, I think I was a size 28 waist in like 8th grade.... lol....

Anyway, I don't mind sitting in one area for a prolonged period.... that way I'm "hyper"-focused on what I have to accomplish.... too much walking around (in one general area) & standing for too long can be draining (and disinteresting) for me... standing for too long gets me lightheaded anyway....

Two contrasting examples of doing what works best for a certain individual.

My usual order at McDonalds is:

2 McDoubles, No Onions & Pickles

1 Grilled Chicken Ranch Snack Wrap &

1 Medium Nestea Raspberry Iced Tea

- My usual order @ mickey d's: 20 pc nuggets, 2 cheeseburgers (or 1 big mac; interchangable), large fries.... a bottle sprite or water, I get at a nearby newsstand, since most mickey d's don't have it to where you can fill up your own soda.....

- usual order @ burger king: 3-4 whopper jr's w/ cheese, 1 chicken sandwich (orig, not that spicy shit), large onion rings, & a large sprite

I don't bother asking for no tomatoes.... 1/2 the time they still put em in there anyway....

chicken mcnuggets and filet o fish are my choices. I will eat Mc Rib when its around once a year in Canada.

I have not ate a filet o' fish since I was like 1 or 2 yrs old.... my moms used to eat that stuff like it was the last thing on earth.....

Double cheeseburger with one slice of cheese. Aimed at those that don't want to pay the extra 20 cents for a double cheeseburger.

man, that's all a mcdouble is?? Lmao !

Man Blimpies... LOL... When I was a kid my mom would take me to one from time to time... Then I got bored with it. The last Blimpies I saw was in Grand Central and then I heard about some sort of rat problem in the place and it was shut down. In sum, Subways and also Quiznos has run them off of the map. They never changed their menu (at least not to my knowledge since the last time I ate in one was well over 15 years ago :eek:) and so health conscious folks looked elsewhere. I remember a Quiznos commercial talking about how they give more meat than Subways and now I don't hear anything about Quiznos. Personally I never got into them either. As for the lettuce thing, the Subway on Sheepshead Bay Rd by the train station has no problem giving me spinach and lots of it... Tomatoes too. :cool: I hate lettuce and always refuse to take any since it has very little nutritional value.

LOL... I didn't know grown-ups ordered Happy Meals... Learn something new every day.

1) That's exactly what I was getting at.... blimpie's never changed their menu, and subway changed their menu to cater to the health conscious... cha-ching! Win win for them....

As for Quizno's, I don't care for em... most their menu consists of sandwiches that are pre-made, and to me they have a rather bland taste to it....

2) lol... I wouldn't know if adults are sittin there orderin happy meals for themselves.... if it aint some egregious amount of food, I don't pay attention to what other people order.... I'm of the "get my food & gtfo" mindset.... The only thing I look at after I pay for my order, is the kitchen area.... watch them make the food

(and ponder at the tight little donks on some of these shorties !)

Isn't it obvious, he has a huge man-crush on him. LOL

I should've figured that...

lol on both fronts.....

B35 that's all it is lmfao! It really had some ppl thinking it was some special sandwich.

But the reason was because the price for cheese and meat went up. But yet a dbl hamburger still costs a dollar lol.

hah....

since I pretty much order the same thing when I hit up fast food restaurants, I never bothered to (wanted to) order a mcdouble.... I mean, although I've heard of the thing, I thought it'd be more than a simple bastardization of a double cheeseburger.....

incredible....

Isn't it obvious, he has a huge man-crush on him. LOL

Settle down there Ambercrombie... As we say in Italian "magari" (if only).

I should've figured that...

Uh, not really. And it's news to me that he's MIA... As Shortline would say.... "Shifting gears", what in the world do you like about McDonald's fries? I remember eating them many years ago and many times they were overcooked... Way too skinny. It was like eating potato chips.

Yeah the main item I usually pick are the chicken nuggets. Sundays there is one location that has a special where the price for a 20 pc order is about $1 less. The walk is pretty far to and back, so burning off the calories isn't a big deal.
This, and I eat McChickens as well. 20 pc > 10 pc.

Se

Uh, not really. And it's news to me that he's MIA... As Shortline would say.... "Shifting gears", what in the world do you like about McDonald's fries? I remember eating them many years ago and many times they were overcooked... Way too skinny. It was like eating potato chips.

The skinniness and crispiness of McDonald's fries is actually what I used to like about them. As a kid, those were ususally the only fries I would eat, so I was actually surprised to find out that regular fries were thicker and less crispy.

Holy cow!!! 20 piece nuggets for less than a dollar.... :eek: I can't think of one thing that I buy in Whole Foods that is less than .99 cents (.99 cents for organic yogurt (Stonyfield)) let alone a 20 piece nuggets. lol

He said "It's $1 less". I'd shudder to think what they put in there if they were able to sell 20 chicken nuggets for $1. :eek:

Speaking of Stonyfield, they were on sale for $0.60 each at ShopRite last week. :D

Lol, yeah, I mean read the line clearly. I never said it was $1 for 20 pcs. smh, some people trying to impose ideas of what others should and shouldn't eat. I don't eat at Mcdonalds every single day, it's one friggin meal out of 1 whole week or every other week. I'll worry about my own health tyvm.

How in the hell would I know when I don't eat there?? That's you thinking that not me. Eat whatever your heart is content on. I could care less. I was merely curious in the price. So how much do they actually cost then since I misread your very clear post?? You said a $1 less, but you didn't say what it was a dollar less than, so I thought you meant for less than a dollar.

Let's not turn this into a pissing contest.

How so? Don't they have a pretty large dollar menu?

He said "It's $1 less". I'd shudder to think what they put in there if they were able to sell 20 chicken nuggets for $1. :eek:

I'm still wondering what they currently cost now and what they put in them. I mean how do they have so many things on the dollar menu? It doesn't add up to me. Gas prices are going up yet their food remains at rock bottom prices. A little scary to me. The thing is though, they're supposedly becoming healthier with oatmeal and such, so I'm a bit confused.

The only chicken nuggets I seen for a dollar at mcds was the 6 pc nugget which that was a limited time special. I don't see why your acting like you don't know crap about mcds. I don't even eat there and I know what's going on. The cheapest I seen a 20 pc nugget was 2.99 and it was a special also.

It's everytime we talk about something you'll bring up your Italian clothes crap or whatever and now crap about I cant get shyt in whole foods for 99 cent except for some yogort. via we get it not everyone has money to just throw away like you do. Coming in here acting like your totally blind and shyt.

The only chicken nuggets I seen for a dollar at mcds was the 6 pc nugget which that was a limited time special. I don't see why your acting like you don't know crap about mcds. I don't even eat there and I know what's going on. The cheapest I seen a 20 pc nugget was 2.99 and it was a special also.

It's everytime we talk about something you'll bring up your Italian clothes crap or whatever and now crap about I cant get shyt in whole foods for 99 cent except for some yogort. via we get it not everyone has money to just throw away like you do. Coming in here acting like your totally blind and shyt.

Obviously if I know they have a dollar menu then I know something about the place. In any event, I don't eat there and haven't in almost 8 years, nor have I stepped foot in one in years, so there is no reason why I would be on the up and up. That's a pretty ignorant comment. You think I'm supposed to know about every fast food joint just because they exist. Get real. You don't eat in them yet you know the prices in there. If you don't eat in them, you clearly go in them enough to at least know what they're charging. The only thing I know of them now and days is what I see in the commercials on tv. I also resent your comment about throwing away money. Couldn't be further from the truth.

You don't have to go in them to know the prices when a lot of my coworkers feed on it on a daily. And a mcds store owner lives a few houses down from me so I know what's going on but your painting this picture like you know nothing at all. Maybe you don't but I just find it hard to believe. Every now and then I'll buy a sweet tea but mcds ain't my thing.

You don't have to go in them to know the prices when a lot of my coworkers feed on it on a daily. And a mcds store owner lives a few houses down from me so I know what's going on but your painting this picture like you know nothing at all. Maybe you don't but I just find it hard to believe. Every now and then I'll buy a sweet tea but mcds ain't my thing.

Yeah, but that's the thing... You go in them. I don't even step in them to know what is going on. In my old office, which was larger in terms of employees and the number of Americans, yeah some folks did eat McDonald's but I work in a small office and here folks are very conscious about what they eat. My boss rarely eats lunch and her thing is sushi. Another of my co-workers usually brings lunch from home and tries to eat organic as much as possible. My other co-workers either bring lunch from home or go somewhere close by and we don't have any McDonald's around here in Midtown (at least not that I know of since I don't go seeking them out). It's also worth pointing out that we have a large European presence here in the office, so there is a tendency to shun fast food in general let alone McDonald's. I know you find it hard to believe because there are so many McDonald's around and such, but we just have a different culture here in terms of what we eat. It's not to say that folks are snobby either because they generally bring lunch from home which is cheaper than eating out.

*grabs popcorn and watches food fight*

You forgot your Abercrombie & Fitch hoodie and Big Mac... :D Seriously though, I DO eat fast food, just not in any of the common fast food joints and not very often. When I crave a burger and fries I go to a sports bar in Midtown once every few months and have some beers and such.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8
Typo