What is your favourite McDonalds Meal?

lilbluefoxie

What is your favourite McDonalds Meal?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite McDonalds Meal?

• Big Mac
    • Southern Style Chicken
    • Quarter Pounder
    • Happy Meal
    • Salad
    • McRib

Umm, for starters, I don't wear Abercrombie. Two, I HATE Big Macs. So yeah, nice try but you don't know me all too well. Thanks for playing.

LOL.... I get those two brands mixed up... Well you know who I'm talking about... That brand from California that you like wearing. Anywho, I know you like some sort of burger from there since I thought I recall you mentioning eating a burger from McDonald's on the subway or something. What's the difference between the Big Mac and the burger you get? I haven't had one in many years, but my understanding is that the Big Mac is a double cheeseburger with the bread in the middle no?

.... but your painting this picture like you know nothing at all. Maybe you don't but I just find it hard to believe.

Coming in here acting like your totally blind and shyt.

So someone else notices this tactic too......

Holy cow!!! 20 piece nuggets for less than a dollar....

Cut the naive act already... seriously.

There's a difference between knowing the price of the damned things down to the nearest couple of cents, and sittin there in awe believing they're that cheap.... Either you've never been inside (and heard of) a mcdonalds in your lifetime at all, or you have.... prices are not gonna drop that low @ any mcdonalds in 8 years time......

You can't be that stupid to believe you can get 20 mcnuggets for a dollar....

You think I'm supposed to know about every fast food joint just because they exist.

Enough with these "you think I'm supposed to......" statements...

nobody else's buying em..... they're nothin more than a convenient copout....

....especially from someone that states that they're educated.

So someone else notices this tactic too......

Cut the naive act already... seriously.

There's a difference between knowing the price of the damned things down to the nearest couple of cents, and sittin there in awe believing they're that cheap.... Either you've never been inside (and heard of) a mcdonalds in your lifetime at all, or you have.... prices are not gonna drop that low @ any mcdonalds in 8 years time......

You can't be that stupid to believe you can get 20 mcnuggets for a dollar....

Enough with these "you think I'm supposed to......" statements...

nobody else's buying em..... they're nothin more than a convenient copout....

....especially from someone that states that they're educated.

Call it whatever you want. I don't have to prove anything to you or anyone else. I don't eat at the damn place so naturally I wouldn't know what sort of promotions they offer there except for when I see what they offer on TV during their commercials and I do know that they do have quite a few items on the dollar menu. Even when I have eaten there years ago, I would get a few select items (maybe a salad or a burger or something) and even that I can't tell you the price of because I didn't eat there enough to remember. The last time I actually bought things like burgers and such from there was when I lived in Europe and obviously there I paid in Euros. The cost there is actually higher than it is here, but that was almost 8 years ago, so yeah like I said, I wouldn't know. I'm sorry to say that every friggin' human being goes to McDonald's. There are other places to eat at you know, especially here in NYC.

Call it whatever you want. I don't have to prove anything to you or anyone else. I don't eat at the damn place so naturally I wouldn't know what sort of promotions they offer there except for when I see what they offer on TV during their commercials.

Even when I have eaten there years ago, I would get a few select items (maybe a salad or a burger or something) and even that I can't tell you the price of because I didn't eat there enough to remember. The last time I actually bought things like burgers and such from there was when I lived in Europe and obviously there I paid in Euros. The cost there is actually higher than it is here, but that was almost 8 years ago, so yeah like I said, I wouldn't know. I'm sorry to say that every friggin' human being goes to McDonald's. There are other places to eat at you know, especially here in NYC.

- Nobody's talking about promotions or special deals....

- Nobody's saying everybody goes, or has to go to mcdonalds to have an idea that the damned things aren't that cheap.... lol @ bringing up obvious shit to absolve your original conjecture...

Now it's you don't have to prove anything..... yeah okay.

Nobody's talking about promotions or special deals....

Now it's you don't have to prove anything..... yeah okay.

Really?? Then what do you call 20 piece nuggets for a $1 less then??? You're not going to sit here and tell me what I know and don't know. Get real man. Any interest I had in eating McDonald's died after I watched that Super Size Me movie.

Really?? Then what do you call 20 piece nuggets for a $1 less then??? You're not going to sit here and tell me what I know and don't know. Get real man. Any interest I had in McDonald's died after I watched that Super Size Me movie.

Now who's getting defensive......

As for what do I call a 20pc for $1... Not even remotely close to being true.

That's not even an educated guess, especially from someone's that's ever been to the place....

Now who's getting defensive......

As for what do I call it a 20pc for $1...

Not even remotely close to being true.

That's exactly why if you read ALL of the posts I asked if it was really true because I found it hard to believe. No one has yet to tell me what they are actually offering the 20 piece for either. Like I said they do have a pretty extensive $1 menu from what I've seen on their recent commercials offering burgers and the like so the concept isn't that far fetched.

That's exactly why if you read ALL of the posts I asked if it was really true because I found it hard to believe. No one has yet to tell me what they are actually offering the 20 piece for either. Like I said they do have a pretty extensive $1 menu from what I've seen on their recent commercials offering burgers and the like so the concept isn't that far fetched.

Yeah, well nobody made that claim of 20 nuggets being a buck to begin with....

Anyway, they were 2.99.... now they're back to 4.99

Yeah, well nobody made that claim of 20 nuggets being a buck to begin with....

Anyway, they were 2.99.... now they're back to 4.99

Yeah I misread the quote, so go on ahead and have target practice on me already... Jesus Christ. ;) Anywho, $2.99 for a 20 piece is a really good deal and I can't recall it being that cheap before. I mean I always found the chicken nuggets regardless of them being from McDonald's, Burger King or Wendy's to be usually a bit more pricier than some of the other items. However, I do believe that Wendy's had a 5 piece nuggets for like .99 cents or something, but I can't recall if that was a regular thing or just a special promotion.

Yeah I misread the quote, so go on ahead and have target practice on me already... Jesus Christ. ;)

Anywho, $2.99 for a 20 piece is a really good deal and I can't recall it being that cheap before. I mean I always found the chicken nuggets regardless of them being from McDonald's, Burger King or Wendy's to be usually a bit more pricier than some of the other items.

However, I do believe that Wendy's had a 5 piece nuggets for like .99 cents or something, but I can't recall if that was a regular thing or just a special promotion.

Screw target practice.... just don't sit there & insinuate I haven't read the posts then.

Anyway, I never never tried BK's nuggets, and I haven't ate from wendy's in almost 20 years (and don't plan on doin so no time soon)..... But Yeah, 2.99 for the 20 pc. was a great deal; wish they had that deal earlier on in the year (2011) when I was eatin them things like they were goin outta style....

I'm not sure where GC thought the 20 pc. were about a $1 cheaper w/ the sale.... Most the time I would go to mcdonalds, I'd get the things.... Never remember them being closer to 3.99 (~ 4 bucks).... they were closer to (and often over) $5....

The 10 pc. used to be around 3 bucks (that's why I would never get em.... better off gettin the 20 pc, mathematically speaking)....

Some cashiers will even make buyers cogniscent of that (you save money w/ gettin the 20 pc).....

Screw target practice.... just don't sit there & insinuate I haven't read the posts then.

Anyway, I never never tried BK's nuggets, and I haven't ate from wendy's in almost 20 years (and don't plan on doin so no time soon)..... But Yeah, 2.99 for the 20 pc. was a great deal; wish they had that deal earlier on in the year (2011) when I was eatin them things like they were goin outta style....

I'm not sure where GC thought the 20 pc. were about a $1 cheaper w/ the sale.... Most the time I would go to mcdonalds, I'd get the things.... Never remember them being closer to 3.99 (~ 4 bucks).... they were closer to (and often over) $5....

The 10 pc. used to be around 3 bucks (that's why I would never get em.... better off gettin the 20 pc, mathematically speaking)....

Some cashiers will even make buyers cogniscent of that (you save money w/ gettin the 20 pc).....

I never insinuated... I flat out said you didn't, but anyway...

When I was eating there they had that the apple pies for like a $1.00 or something. They would always entice you to buy two of them. I forget what the deal was but I usually went for them since I liked them.

which accomplished what.....

When I was eating there they had that the apple pies for like a $1.00 or something. They would always entice you to buy two of them. I forget what the deal was but I usually went for them since I liked them.

Yeah, depending on how much you spend, they'll ask if you want one for free... I always decline b/c I don't eat the things...

I've been to a few where they'd just throw one in there regardless....

The apple pie is still on the dollar menu.

which accomplished what.....

Clarification......

Yeah, depending on how much you spend, they'll ask if you want one for free... I always decline b/c I don't eat the things...

I've been to a few where they'd just throw one in there regardless....

The apple pie is still on the dollar menu.

Yeah I bet they do so folks can get hooked on yet another McDonald's item. Smart marketing. lol

I haven't eaten at McDonald's in a couple of years, but I recall the apple pies were 2/$1 and they had cookies for 3/$1. I was always with relatives, so I would get them in pairs, so I don't know what the price was for them individually.

In some supermarkets, they have small single-serving pies, and they're about $0.69 - $0.79 (they're about the same size, but just a different shape). So at McDonald's it's probably something like $0.69 for one, or $1 for two.

It's a local McDonalds that has some 'family' special on sundays. They encourage families to come eat at that location and stuff like a 20 pc chicken nuggets is $1 LESS than what it usually is on weekdays.

*not directed at you:

So it's $4 rather than $5, thus "$1 LESS" as I originally wrote, which was blown way out of context. Can this 'issue' please be put to rest?

It's a local McDonalds that has some 'family' special on sundays. They encourage families to come eat at that location and stuff like a 20 pc chicken nuggets is $1 LESS than what it usually is on weekdays.

Yeh, I've noticed a couple mcdonalds that offer family discounts.... to tell the truth, I never bothered wanting to know the extent of the discount/price savings because I don't see 'em posted anywhere.... well that, and I don't eat w/ a group of people like that whenever I go to any fast food joint really.....

My question to you is, how do you know you save a buck on certain items w/ the family special?

I've never seen on any window (or posted on/around the actual menu) that certain items are 'x' amount less....

also curious to know which mcdonalds you're referring to.....

not that one on flatbush & av R is it?

It is. Lately I haven't been going there as often, but I know months ago it was displayed on the window. But you would need to remind the cashier in case, because the 'promotion' is still ongoing or you would be charged the regular price. Yes: 'why bother for ~$1'? Well it's still a dollar, every bit of change helps.

*I say $1 for convenience, I don't know to the exact 'to the cent' savings it was.

Edited by Grand Concourse

It is. Lately I haven't been going there as often, but I know months ago it was displayed on the window. But you would need to remind the cashier in case, because the 'promotion' is still ongoing or you would be charged the regular price. Yes: 'why bother for ~$1'? Well it's still a dollar, every bit of change helps.

*I say $1 for convenience, I don't know to the exact 'to the cent' savings it was.

Yeh, I get that you're rounding off.... Regardless, the 'why bother for $1' notion wasn't what I was concerned with....

Most of the mcdonald's I used to go to, weren't the family friendly type ones... Last one I been in, was that one off 5th av/9th st in park slope....

I can honestly say, none of the ones here in east flatbush are.....

In plain english, that mcdonald's by Av. R, you wont see much (if any) of the nzzzz BS that goes on in most other establishments.... While I don't know how attitudinal those cashiers there are, I will say that if you go up in most mickey D's asking about a family discount, expect:

- a look of stupeficiation towards you, and a bunch of babble basically sayin we don't hahh (have) that...

- the manager to be called, with the eye-rollin before or after the fact....

Yeah, weekends that location is very busy and more 'calmer' as opposed to weekdays when the kids are let loose and go nuts as they always do.

Yeah most of the times there's no issue about explaining about them getting the price wrong as they've been pretty good about it, but it's why I check the price to be sure.

Yeah, weekends that location is very busy and more 'calmer' as opposed to weekdays when the kids are let loose and go nuts as they always do. I will say this, weekends it seems like an influx of the 'Rockaway park/Belle Harbor' type crowds.

that makes sense....

come to think of it, the closest mcdonalds I know of in the rockaways is that one by the x-bay bridge.... there's another one out in far rockaway on mott (that I had the displeasure of going into) near the (A)... at the time I was out there, it was either (eating from) that mickey d's or from white castle....

LOL.... I get those two brands mixed up... Well you know who I'm talking about... That brand from California that you like wearing. Anywho, I know you like some sort of burger from there since I thought I recall you mentioning eating a burger from McDonald's on the subway or something. What's the difference between the Big Mac and the burger you get? I haven't had one in many years, but my understanding is that the Big Mac is a double cheeseburger with the bread in the middle no?

Hollister. And I buy the McDoubles because I can buy two of them along with an Arizona and they can hold me for a good period of time.

Uh, not really. And it's news to me that he's MIA... As Shortline would say.... "Shifting gears", what in the world do you like about McDonald's fries? I remember eating them many years ago and many times they were overcooked... Way too skinny. It was like eating potato chips.

Depends on the location really. Some locations make them good, others are iffy. I stay away from all the burgers and such. Often times I steer away from McDonalds but if thats the only place nearby, I might as well get a snack on the go. That's all I usually get in them fast food chains. I'm a White Castle & Wendy's person mostly & Burger King here and there.