working for MTA BUS and i still have to pay carefare to get to work. SMH

lawbattle4

Its not fare, why should i have to pay carfare to get to work, jus cuz i work for mta bus company, i mean come on, when it come down to it, we all work for the same company, have the same rules, go to the same training site, follow the same MTA laws, but jus cuz i dont have a red pass, i cant get on the train, even with my mta uniform on. this station agent ask to see my pass, yesterday, i show it to "her" and she told me i have to swap it, and she knows i can't, than she tell me i have to paid my fare like everyone eles, if looks could kill, she would be dead.:mad: that crazy cuz when somebody from TA rides my Bus i always respect it. p.s. i never have a problem on the bus.

get the badge # the station you are at what time and call the trainnig center and report the station agent all pass are to be takeing red or green

No, if you work for MTAB you can only ride buses not trains. That's the rule that they tell you at Zerega. It use to be worse. It use to be that if you work for MTAB, you can only ride MTAB buses.

get the badge # the station you are at what time and call the trainnig center and report the station agent all pass are to be takeing red or green

No, if you work for MTAB you can only ride buses not trains. That's the rule that they tell you at Zerega. It use to be worse. It use to be that if you work for MTAB, you can only ride MTAB buses.

Both of these statements are technically incorrect.

If you work for MTA Bus, your green pass only entitles you to rides on MTA Bus Company routes. Not NYCT Buses or Subways. The bus part has not changed yet. However, most all S/A's and B/O's cross honor the passes as they should. Here and there you may run into these issues though.

As the systems continue to merge into one, the policy should change.

Both of these statements are technically incorrect.

If you work for MTA Bus, your green pass only entitles you to rides on MTA Bus Company routes. Not NYCT Buses or Subways. The bus part has not changed yet. However, most all S/A's and B/O's cross honor the passes as they should. Here and there you may run into these issues though.

As the systems continue to merge into one, the policy should change.

Yeah.. I've heard this many times from people, and I'm wondering when is the day this will happen.

the first time it happens to me im gonna deny ALL red passes. i have heard a guy at the depot say one agent alerted police after he went over turnstile in uniform and they asked the agent why the hell would he alert them for a stupid reason like that? citing its similar to a transit cop and nypd, different but very much the same.

the first time it happens to me im gonna deny ALL red passes. i have heard a guy at the depot say one agent alerted police after he went over turnstile in uniform and they asked the agent why the hell would he alert them for a stupid reason like that? citing its similar to a transit cop and nypd, different but very much the same.

The thing about that is all red passes work in all fareboxes and turnstyles...it wouldnt work.

That's B.S. I don't even bother with the agent I have a key to the gate , that's why!!! I don't feel nothing when I hear on the news that someone tried to burned them but there giving us a hard time to jump on the train funny!! When I drive the express bus to the city I make them all pay or get the F off and yes most had to pay... You see my brothers and sisters of MTAB we can get away with jumping on the train and flicking them the bird (jumping turnstile , opening the gate with the key) as long as you have your I.D. , but the express bus you aren't just walking pass me and sitting down.

That's B.S. I don't even bother with the agent I have a key to the gate , that's why!!! I don't feel nothing when I hear on the news that someone tried to burned them but there giving us a hard time to jump on the train funny!! When I drive the express bus to the city I make them all pay or get the F off and yes most had to pay... You see my brothers and sisters of MTAB we can get away with jumping on the train and flicking them the bird (jumping turnstile , opening the gate with the key) as long as you have your I.D. , but the express bus you aren't just walking pass me and sitting down.

LOL... :cool:

So far I have not have any problems using pass on the subway which I use everyday to get to and from work, I did have to explain to one S/A why MTABC did not have the U pass which she understand and told me that I educated her and that if she see more green pass she would honor it. When I was at zerega when I first got hired, they told me if we had problems that we are to write the time, date, and station that we are at and to report it to zerega. Now if your in the city I always just go through the gate which most of them are always open. What's funny is that most if not all GS in MTABC is sporting the red pass and some upper management, but all union employees and road ops and ect is sporting the green pass lol I find that real funny. I'm hearing all our passes will become one because its becoming a big issue lol. But I'm still going to continue to honor the red pass because 90% of the system will let u slide, its just you got those 10% a hole that want to prove something smh.

No, if you work for MTAB you can only ride buses not trains.

Your only more likely to get a courtesy on NYCT buses, but technically are required to pay on NYCT.

Damn... No love even between fellow co-workers... lol

As much as you love all your fellow passengers.

figured this was a case of that particular s/a being an asshat.....

No, just following the rules.

Training Center ain't going to do jack about it, dream on.

the first time it happens to me im gonna deny ALL red passes.

Don't deny, simply request that they be inserted in farebox as required by MTA regulations. When it says 'wrng athorty" request the fare. Then document it because most NYCT people are going to file a G-2 on you crying that you asked them to pay.

The thing about that is all red passes work in all fareboxes and turnstyles...it wouldnt work.

NYCT passes do not work in MTA B fareboxes, the box displays "wrng authrty."

Most MTAB managers have two passes, one MTAB and one NYCT. I know a NYCT VP displayed a red pass on MTAB and asked to pay. A week later same guy had an MTAB ID card to go with his NYCT one.

In negotiations MTA claimed it would cost too much to allow interchange of passes for union personnel, but for managers seem to cost nothing.

Also, MTAB retirees (except I think Eastchester) do not receive a retired id like NYCT retirees, MTA claims it not in any collective bargaining agreement.

According to a few Superintendents at Zerega, the fareboxes do not allow the crossover of division passes, but if shown to any bus operator, it should be honored by hitting "7" to tally in the ride. However, MTAB members do not have access to NYCT subways, as they'll need to ask the SA first, or simply walk through the gate, in uniform... lol Who's gonna stop you? :cool:

I have gone thorough the gate with police in the station without my uniform and got stop, i showed them my pass and they said ok your good lol. But like i said i have not have any problems yet with S/A. My uncle retired from OA, he told me OA went thorough the same BS as MTAB is going thorough now. He said its just a stepping stool from pension, U pass , merge and ect.

According to a few Superintendents at Zerega, the fareboxes do not allow the crossover of division passes, but if shown to any bus operator, it should be honored by hitting "7" to tally in the ride. However, MTAB members do not have access to NYCT subways, as they'll need to ask the SA first, or simply walk through the gate, in uniform... lol Who's gonna stop you? :cool:

The fareboxes are supposed to allow passes from both TA/OA and BC when the fare collection systems are merged in a couple years.

I don't cause any drama about the passes though as we're all under one big umbrella. Hell, I even honor folks from Amtrak and New Jersey Transit when they ride, which isn't too often, but still let it work, ya know. NJT & AMT usually get on my B44 runs.

My mom's friend used to work with Greyhound and he would ride the (Bx12) to 207 to get the (A) to the Port Authority, he would almost always get a free ride on the (Bx12) and about a 70-30 chance of a free ride on the subway.

Archived