NICE Planned Service/Schedule Changes

tvega961

I just watched this on TV.

Service cuts coming to NICE buses with low ridership | 7online.com

It is about the changes. In the report, there is also footage of them wrapping the new buses.

The problem is nice promised the public no services eliminated, but on top of that they are creating more services.

One example is thee N22.

If NICE puts new service, then well this will be the following

N22: Local Service Between Hicksville and Jamaica

N22A:Local service via Roosevelt Field and Jamaica

N22L: Limited Service between Hicksville and Jamaica

N22X: Operates between Hicksville and and Jamaica Non-stop from Roosevelt Field to 179 street subway station

Thats just overkill for one route number, dont you think?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see.

So wait, they're eliminating the N54, right?

Nowhere on the official site is that mentioned. So I assume service on each route every 2 hours (!).

I believe so too, but they only split for a short distance. I think most of the ridership is in Hempstead in Uniondale, no?

But they're using those short-turns to extend the N43 to Hempstead. I guess the eliminated Baldwin service will be used to create the N17 trips.

I didn't think of it that way, I was thinking they were using the short turns to run the N17.

The problem is nice promised the public no services eliminated, but on top of that they are creating more services.

One example is thee N22.

If NICE puts new service, then well this will be the following

N22: Local Service Between Hicksville and Jamaica

N22A:Local service via Roosevelt Field and Jamaica

N22L: Limited Service between Hicksville and Jamaica

N22X: Operates between Hicksville and and Jamaica Non-stop from Roosevelt Field to 179 street subway station

Thats just overkill for one route number, dont you think?

the n22L is being changed in favor of the n22xaccording to the site.

a new route already being changed.

the n6L is gonna be eliminated in favor of the n6X

although the n2/n8 loop route is pretty smart

also adding n43 service to the Hempstead Terminal

Edited by audiot1129

you know the goal of this operation was to keep service the same. but this is going to service cuts. you know might as just keep (MTA) as the operator it would of been the same.

That may not be as true as you think it is. The (MTA) spent a little more than they should have.

you know the goal of this operation was to keep service the same. but this is going to service cuts. you know might as just keep (MTA) as the operator it would of been the same.

The goal was not to keep service the same, the goal was to do more with less.

Those that attended the meeting, what was it like? Were a lot of people pleased, confused, what? I caught the Marriot one at the end, seemed "nicer" than MTA hearings.

Edited by N6 Limited

To avoid 'confusion' for N6 and N22 riders IMO i think Veolia should take a page from staten island limited stop service. That is rename the 'express' portions the N90-N100's i.e N102=N22x N6=N106, etc.

And sooner or later, for these new routes, NICE is going to have to make new bus stop signs. I wonder what they'll look like.

if they keep adding a lot of bus service to Hicksville from Queens does this mean eventually that there will be 24 hour bus service to Hicksville in the future?

IMO before you 'worry' about 24/7 service between Hicksville and Jamaica, i would be strongly pleading for a 1)'limited' n24 2)maintain at least weekday N78/79 old country road service. It almost a sure bet the N24 will be subject to frequent delays due to traffic on it's soon to be extended route to Hicksville. Plus there also the LIRR as well for overnight.

If anything the N20 should be a 24/7 Queens-Hicksville route since most of Northern Blvd and the North shore of Nassau County does not have a suitable alternative mass transit wise.

FYI. In past, during LIRR 'strikes' there was 24/7 bus service along the current N22/79 route between Hicksville and Jamica.

Majority leader of the Nassau Legislature, some see him as Mangano's right hand man.

Lots of people here at the meeting.

IMO before you 'worry' about 24/7 service between Hicksville and Jamaica, i would be strongly pleading for a 1)'limited' n24 2)maintain at least weekday N78/79 old country road service. It almost a sure bet the N24 will be subject to frequent delays due to traffic on it's soon to be extended route to Hicksville. Plus there also the LIRR as well for overnight.

If anything the N20 should be a 24/7 Queens-Hicksville route since most of Northern Blvd and the North shore of Nassau County does not have a suitable alternative mass transit wise.

FYI. In past, during LIRR 'strikes' there was 24/7 bus service along the current N22/79 route between Hicksville and Jamica.

Old Country Road will maintain its 30 min headways with the N24 extension.

I don't believe that a N24 limited is needed as of yet, perhaps if the extension grows its ridership. As of now, riders know that if someone wants a quicker ride between Jamaica and the Old Country road area, then they should take the N22. Hillside Ave is mostly residential in Nassau so the N22 goes by with little stopping, it's basically limited for its western portion anyway.

To avoid 'confusion' for N6 and N22 riders IMO i think Veolia should take a page from staten island limited stop service. That is rename the 'express' portions the N90-N100's i.e N102=N22x N6=N106, etc.

I'm not sure what 'confusion' there would be between "N6" and " N6 Express", with the N22, there may be confusion because there are 4 'versions' but people have to stop being babied. Learn the routes and routings. Just like FastTrack, you don't know other subway lines? Learn them!

And sooner or later, for these new routes, NICE is going to have to make new bus stop signs. I wonder what they'll look like.

Same here.

Edited by N6 Limited

IDC whether its flushing or Jamaica I try hard not to pay LIRR fares.

Wait till the N17 resurrects and then we'll see.

It will return and N88 night service will return as well with n43 service enhancements there are only a handful of cuts many with little opposition. Also many riders LOVED my ideas especially my N46 and N58/20/80 restructuring. N8&2 will merge into a more frequent loop.

It will return and N88 night service will return as well with n43 service enhancements there are only a handful of cuts many with little opposition. Also many riders LOVED my ideas especially my N46 and N58/20/80 restructuring. N8&2 will merge into a more frequent loop.

So what is your proposals qj? And please not a merger of the N20/80? The N20 as it is between flushing and Hicksville is already close to 2 hours during rush hours in bad traffic.:confused:

So what is your proposals qj? And please not a merger of the N20/80? The N20 as it is between flushing and Hicksville is already close to 2 hours during rush hours in bad traffic.:confused:

The thing is you MISREAD MY N80/20 idea my proposal DID NOT MERGE N20 Hicksville with N80 BUT THE SHORT TURNS AT GREAT NECK!!!!!!! VIA LIE HOV and timed transfer with N25 and N51LGA LIE proposal but to avoid traffic in queens its LTD stops at little neck then springfield and 188th then main st before heading to LGA nonstop. The other is N46 reroute to mineola LIRR via roosevelt field and eisenhower park eliminating the front street segment to hempstead hempstead folk will transfer to N48/49 or N72/71/70. N46 will serve NCC parts of 46 will die. N78/78 reroute to hempstead via former N16 routing. NICE will make N16 nonstop between hempstead and NCC. Due to N46 reroute some trips and some N41 trips will interline with a new N44 CROSSTOWN via shelter rock road to manhassat LIRR serving a new base of ppl who DO NOT WANT to drive. N81 reroute via oyster bay road and crossways plaza(rush hr only) to oyster bay and later if demand warrents to bayville. Many loved that N81 idea of mine and 46 were very popular. Also ppl werent totally against N27 after NICE explained it to em.My N24 extension to bellmore (weekdays only) would have increased ridership on it's east meadow service. NICE said that many buses will be retimed for better LIRR connections. looks like N14 will get saved by new better times with LIRR and more ppl according to NICE they talked with N14 riders to learn why it failed. The one they loved was the N58 extension via northern blvd bypassing roslyn to huntington downtown then greenlawn(select runs to greenlawn)

The thing is you MISREAD MY N80/20 idea my proposal DID NOT MERGE N20 Hicksville with N80 BUT THE SHORT TURNS AT GREAT NECK!!!!!!! VIA LIE HOV and timed transfer with N25 and N51LGA LIE proposal but to avoid traffic in queens its LTD stops at little neck then springfield and 188th then main st before heading to LGA nonstop. The other is N46 reroute to mineola LIRR via roosevelt field and eisenhower park eliminating the front street segment to hempstead hempstead folk will transfer to N48/49 or N72/71/70. N46 will serve NCC parts of 46 will die. N78/78 reroute to hempstead via former N16 routing. NICE will make N16 nonstop between hempstead and NCC. Due to N46 reroute some trips and some N41 trips will interline with a new N44 CROSSTOWN via shelter rock road to manhassat LIRR serving a new base of ppl who DO NOT WANT to drive. N81 reroute via oyster bay road and crossways plaza(rush hr only) to oyster bay and later if demand warrents to bayville. Many loved that N81 idea of mine and 46 were very popular. Also ppl werent totally against N27 after NICE explained it to em.My N24 extension to bellmore (weekdays only) would have increased ridership on it's east meadow service. NICE said that many buses will be retimed for better LIRR connections. looks like N14 will get saved by new better times with LIRR and more ppl according to NICE they talked with N14 riders to learn why it failed. The one they loved was the N58 extension via northern blvd bypassing roslyn to huntington downtown then greenlawn(select runs to greenlawn)

You're nuts.

You're nuts.

The N46 AND n24 not even close. But N46 might work better if I am nuts then many ppl today are also NUTS the only nutty extreme part is N 51 its a desparate move to increase ridership. The rest of my ideas ppl loved em!!! NOT LYING if you were there you would know the N58 idea only can work when more funding becomes available.

the 58 idea has no chance, most of that route has nothing there but mansions and the occasional gas station on the side of the road. I know that area well since I used to go to NY Tech. There's no sidewalks or anything there. Its no accident the only bus stops east of Greenvale on the 20 are the two colleges, SUNY Old Westbury and then the next stop is when you hit suburbia again.

There's not even that much vehicular traffic on NY 25A east of East Norwich, it narrows back to one lane in each direction and has a very rural feel to it. It only picks up once you get to Huntington Village.

The N46 AND n24 not even close. But N46 might work better if I am nuts then many ppl today are also NUTS the only nutty extreme part is N 51 its a desparate move to increase ridership. The rest of my ideas ppl loved em!!! NOT LYING if you were there you would know the N58 idea only can work when more funding becomes available.

No, you think "ppl" loved them. I went to the meeting and Veolia was courteous to listen to everyone's ideas and say they were great. That doesn't mean they're going to happen.

No, you think "ppl" loved them. I went to the meeting and Veolia was courteous to listen to everyone's ideas and say they were great. That doesn't mean they're going to happen.

I never said they would go through I just said the people and riders there liked most of my ideas shockingly enough with all the flack I got here I was expecting opposition to my ideas especially the N58 one BUT to my shock it was recieved better than I anticipated. Also the Other less extreme ones like N46 reroute and N45 elimination with N6 extension were the ones that recieved the most praise. Plus I didn't even mention my completed plan yet. The summary brings it all together including the way to handle the over the top. The reason why my ideas seem overkill is cause it's radically different from the NORM!!!!. I don't think I can shake that memory when I was literally BEGGED to send a proposal for another agency when they proposed cuts if even some of those were toned down they would have wiped out many cuts. That wasn't in LI the bold part. He and many others who fought for their bus would have benefitted from my idea(different issue altogether). The N58 extension is meant to FORCE more N20s to go LTD!!! Some ppl asked if my N58 idea could get the route down rte 110 I had to explain the purpose of the S1. It's about connectivity there are HIDDEN motives behind my ideas cause they are not route by route