NICE Planned Service/Schedule Changes

tvega961

It seems like both the N20H and N21 are scheduled to connect with the N20G.

Also, I thought the timing in column D on the N20 schedule was weird and out of order at first, but it seems like it's ordered for those who may want to transfer at Northern Blvd or along Middle Neck Road to continue their trips. 

They have errors all over the place. It's going to suck for those n21 riders who don't catch on to the mistake at the Glen Cove timepoint (imagining arriving at the time designated, and it not show up, only for you to wait for the next bus for god knows how long, and the find out that the bus actually passes 12 minutes earlier than the time on the schedule). It's like they're purposely doing this in order to bring down ridership in any way they can, in order to justify them cutting it.

As for the n16, either they actually go on to HTC, or NICE is really trying to save money on DH (and bring down ridership on the route even more). 

As more people use the Go Mobile/Transit apps it will be less of an issue I guess. For example when I'm catching the bus I just use Transit App to see where the buses are and/or the time expected. Although I keep in mind when the buses from Jamaica are scheduled to leave the bus terminal.

Edited by N6 Limited

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's like they're purposely doing this in order to bring down ridership in any way they can, in order to justify them cutting it.

I'm still waiting for some to realize that this is happening and that none of the changes NICE is making or have made recently are for the betterment of the system.

The s94 is a busline that should run year round

Then againn most visitors come to thelighthouse summer periods only. ..also it terminates at the central gazebo of montauk and not the RR station

So a visitor coming from outside must disembark at East Hampton andcconnect. To the SCT 10C and then transfer. To the s94 since montauk station is far away from the central Square lacking a free shuttle connecting station to main Square. ..the fare tomontauk is the same as to East Hampton as both stations are at zone 14

Lets not forget that east of E. Hampton there are no bus stops except on the gazebo and at the lighthouse so flagging is very optional

Adding bus tracking makes it better for me.

You must be very easy to please then. We all know the true state of this system, and yet so many continue to tip toe around it. Good thing I don't rely on it.

Is there a way to do track buses from a desktop or regular flip phone, or you have to download the app?

No, nothing like that has been developed (or been released publicly) yet.

You must be very easy to please then. We all know the true state of this system, and yet so many continue to tip toe around it. Good thing I don't rely on it.

Well, I just use the n6 to get to/from the subway, so for my purposes real time bus info has been very useful. Also, the east bound n6 trips have been on-time leaving the Jamaica bus terminal in the evenings, so I can't complain there.

(Except that I sometimes miss the on-time bus by mins or even seconds because of (F) delays, but that's NYCT's fault, they have one of the highest capacity terminals in the system at 179th street but can't clear (F) trains fast enough to prevent "train traffic" delays which sometimes begin at Union Turnpike or Van Wyck Blvd?  <_< (And while it can be the (E) could be causing it, the delays continue past Van Wyck Blvd, which suggests it wasn't the (E) in those instances.) )

Typically If I'm going deeper into Nassau, I drive. 

So the n19 now is 60 minutes all day on weekdays except to Massapequa in the AM, and a small PM slot from Massapequa from 4:15-5:15 PM. However, the payback for the lost service is an extra n19 to Massapequa at night. Well, that's gonna suck big time, I don't think reducing the headway from 30 to 60 minutes is a good idea.

N20 riders, while the trip time will increase, will have two additional buses on Saturday night to Great Neck (last bus now at 11:00 PM instead of 9:14 PM). The n20L notices are still mentioned on the n21 schedule, go figure.

The Late morning n57 headway is being increased, so the span of service  has technically increased by 15 more minutes. There's 1 minute added time in the AM & PM times to make the loop.

n79 now has a 55-59 minute headway during midday periods.

There is also now no PDF system map. NICE is redirecting people to its interactive map (via Google). IDK if they will release a new map reflecting the service changes at all or not.

On the cover of the N19 timetable-it shows Massapequa twice instead of Massapequa Park. It also shows the early morning dashed routing bypassing the mall which will no longer exist.

They have a later trip from Hicksville to Great Neck weekdays & Sat. but there's no Flushing connection in Great Neck. What good is that?

Here's a note on the n19 schedule:

As of January 17th, the n19 no longer travels east of the Sunrise Mall. Please transfer to the s20, s33 for trips towards Babylon.

The n19 seems to make makes connections with the S20 , but not so much the S33. I guess it makes sense since the S20 goes to Babylon.

Curious, does anyone know if people transfer between the n72 and S33? 

On the cover of the N19 timetable-it shows Massapequa twice instead of Massapequa Park. It also shows the early morning dashed routing bypassing the mall which will no longer exist.

They have a later trip from Hicksville to Great Neck weekdays & Sat. but there's no Flushing connection in Great Neck. What good is that?

Once you get to Great Neck, you can take the LIRR (or on weekdays, take the n25 to the Q46 if you really want to save a fare). At least it's better than nothing, and it helps out riders east of Great Neck.

Another thing: On the n27 schedule, timepoint G has no times at all in the bus column. What was the point of even having that column in the first place then, lol.

The n21 error has been fixed.

The last NB trip of the evening runs up Willis Avenue, so they probably meant to insert the time at Willis & Hillside, but never got around to it. (I would imagine that it probably adds a couple of minutes to the runtime, since it's a few blocks longer than the Roslyn Road routing, but the schedule times don't reflect that)

Yuki reported it on their FB page.

Edited by checkmatechamp13

It looks like the N21 & N27 are going to interline on weekends and off-peak, and it looks like they're going to keep the N25/N58 interline on the weekends. 

Did anyone notice that the last N70 from Hemp. will be at 4:15pm? But there's still later w/b pm service from Newsday.Obviously necessitating deadheads from somewhere.

Did anyone notice that the last N70 from Hemp. will be at 4:15pm? But there's still later w/b pm service from Newsday.Obviously necessitating deadheads from somewhere.

The first n70 to Hempstead trip is also pushed back 3 hours, to depart at 10:00 AM from Newsday. I guess the DH's back to Hempstead or other areas allow less buses to be utilized, and MICE probably feels that there isn't a high amount of riders during those times to/from Hempstead. 

The first n70 to Hempstead trip is also pushed back 3 hours, to depart at 10:00 AM from Newsday. I guess the DH's back to Hempstead or other areas allow less buses to be utilized, and MICE probably feels that there isn't a high amount of riders during those times to/from Hempstead. 

They probably review the APC information and say "welp, this trip isn't necessary!" lol.

It looks like they just straight-up cut those buses from the schedule (frequencies are now every 20 minutes along Hempstead Turnpike instead of every 15 at those times). Sucks for anybody who may be taking evening classes at SUNY Farmingdale (or those 8am classes and then going to work), or anybody who might be working an overnight shift in that industrial part of East Farmingdale. I wonder how much they could be saving, since the depots are at the other end of Nassau County, and there's no other Nassau routes in the immediate area to interline with (except maybe the N79).

It looks like they just straight-up cut those buses from the schedule (frequencies are now every 20 minutes along Hempstead Turnpike instead of every 15 at those times). Sucks for anybody who may be taking evening classes at SUNY Farmingdale (or those 8am classes and then going to work), or anybody who might be working an overnight shift in that industrial part of East Farmingdale. I wonder how much they could be saving, since the depots are at the other end of Nassau County, and there's no other Nassau routes in the immediate area to interline with (except maybe the N79).

Interesting isn't it?

How does the APC work in the case of the n70/71/72? Do they count the people left on the bus after the three routes split?

Since the system counts all boarding and alighting passengers they can see the passenger load of the bus at any point during the route at various times of the day, and how each stop is used. 

When it comes to the n70/71/72, I guess after they split (East of NY24 & NY 109) they check the passenger count, and where riders are alighting/boarding in both directions. I guess those N70 trips were super light and they deemed them a waste of resources.

Theproblem with the s20 isthat it ends too eearly 6pm latest

The only option NICE has to make some of us forget the n19 from Babylon to freeport is have the last n72 leave 5 minutes late (9:25pm) OR have the last unit leave just as the semilast s40 pulls in the RR station and receives the connectors (semilast s40 arrives between 9:20-9:25p )

And thetransfer between s33 and n72 is at far less popular

The only option NICE has to make some of us forget the n19 from Babylon to freeport is have the last n72 leave 5 minutes late (9:25pm) OR have the last unit leave just as the semilast s40 pulls in the RR station and receives the connectors (semilast s40 arrives between 9:20-9:25p )

What's in Babylon that has many people traveling there from Nassau?

The n72 may bring you to Nassau, but it doesn't do you much good if you were heading to one of the areas along Merrick Road.

According to the new schedule, the last n72 out of Babylon leaves at 9:15pm.

What's in Babylon that has many people traveling there from Nassau?

It's not necessarily Babylon itself, but more the fact that there's buses that bring you to various parts of Suffolk.

9:15Pm

Now thats more killer

NICEisn't so nice byhaving the last n72 not connecting with the semi last s40...a $2.75 fare between patchogue and Hempstead is a bargain

If only the last s58 connects with the last s54 at commack at 8:25pm i wouldn't be too much in distress to the elimination of the n19 in Suffolk and the n72

It is to come to mind that the last units must always. leave latesince there the last runs and have a waiting up to 5 minute late to depart.

I wish a petition can be made for the n72 to leave at 9:25pm and thus have the connection with the s40

We have to economize in these times were living nowadays

County Legislator Carrie Solages is trying to stop the n2/8 from being cut.

http://longisland.news12.com/news/nassau-lawmaker-fights-to-stop-bus-cuts-1.11301350

Where was he a month ago when the cuts were announced? Another clown in the Nassau Legislature. At this point, the n2/8 are a goner anyways.

9:15Pm

Now thats more killer

NICEisn't so nice byhaving the last n72 not connecting with the semi last s40...a $2.75 fare between patchogue and Hempstead is a bargain

If only the last s58 connects with the last s54 at commack at 8:25pm i wouldn't be too much in distress to the elimination of the n19 in Suffolk and the n72

It is to come to mind that the last units must always. leave latesince there the last runs and have a waiting up to 5 minute late to depart.

I wish a petition can be made for the n72 to leave at 9:25pm and thus have the connection with the s40

We have to economize in these times were living nowadays

There's probably no demand for it anyways. If there was some sort of demand, it would probably be done. I don't know why you're so focused on this when NICE has way bigger problems to contend with. I don't see much of a demand anyways for such a service, I would just leave it as is.