NICE Planned Service/Schedule Changes

tvega961

- Alright, so you'd have the n8 going to Hempstead; basically a tweak of what the MTA wanted to do w/ the route....

- Would you still have the n2 going to Jamaica, or not?

(if so, would it be on a part time basis, or a full time basis?)

The n2 would not be going to Jamaica, since it will run to Hempstead on a full time basis (since the n8 would only run during rush hours).

This post explains my proposal it in more detail:

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/33981-random-thoughts-thread-nassau-inter-county-express-nice/?p=866957

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wellspeaking in retrospect the:

N2/8

N19 (obviously)

N46

N73 (no cornflower loop)

N80 or n81(whichever had a higher ridership prior to the cuts)

Well the n19 is not coming back, because SCT now took over operations on Montauk Highway, so you can forget about that. As for the n80 or the n81, I would definitely bring back the n81, since I believe it had higher ridership, but also because the impact of the n81 cut is much greater than the n80's (the n81 leaves more areas and residents stranded). The n46 I don't believe should come back. Most riders used it along Front Street, and the remainding riders who used it on the sole portion of the route were able to take the n50, or n45, and transfer to a Front Street bus either at Uniondale Ave or the Hempstead Turnpike or Front Street Service at Newbridge Road/Hempstead Turnpike. You're much better off bringing the n50 back, but I give priority to the n73 and n81. 

The double transfers NICE offers has a major impact to have the routes partially eliminated

I mean you're absolutely right one can easily transfer to another bus and then another bus (as long as it is beforehand 2 hours)

As for the n19...it was good knowing thee

The n81 should be revived as it connect Hicksville with Sunrise mall and the n73 from Hicksville to Wantagh via Jerusalem but maybe just maybe the routes would pass every 2 hours (that is have one bus run on the n81 and n73 for starters)

The n2 would not be going to Jamaica, since it will run to Hempstead on a full time basis (since the n8 would only run during rush hours).

This post explains my proposal it in more detail:

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/33981-random-thoughts-thread-nassau-inter-county-express-nice/?p=866957

I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you would actually have two routes (yes, I know, one is rush hours only) running between Green Acres & Hempstead....

Anyway.... alright, thanks....

Well speaking in retrospect the:

N2/8

N19 (obviously)

N46

N73 (no cornflower loop)

N80 or n81(whichever had a higher ridership prior to the cuts)

I'll ask you the same question I asked BM5...

Would you bring back NICE's version of the n2/8, or as they were when they were both separate routes?

I'm still for not bringing back any route and putting the money towards maintenance of the buses and fixing what's broken on them.

Fair point.

Edited by B35 via Church

• 1 month later...

Well, since I'lll soon begin working at Gold Coast Studios, I need the n80 back. I did the walk today and I can't do that everyday if I'm going to be handling heavy equipment all day.

You're in luck because NICE is planning on bringing the n80/81 back and running by June.

Old N8 is Hook Creek Blvd bus, and N2 was Meacham Av bus. You got it opposite.

He doesn't have anything opposite.

The n8 would go up Meachem Avenue instead of Franklin Avenue to get to/from Hempstead Turnpike from Dutch Broadway.

The N8 ran up Dutch Broadway and Franklin Avenue, didn't it?

They would be separate routes (pre-nice form) to an extent. The n8 would go up Meachem Avenue instead of Franklin Avenue to get to/from Hempstead Turnpike from Dutch Broadway.

Old N8 is Hook Creek Blvd bus, and N2 was Meacham Av bus. You got it opposite.

1] He said "....to an extent" - Meaning, he wouldn't revive the old N8 exactly as it was routed.....

1a] His n8 bus idea would run up Meacham.... He wasn't saying the old n8 ran up Meacham....

2] He never mentioned anything about Hook Creek - meaning, his revived n8 would still use Hook Creek.....

You're "correcting" something that was never said....

• 2 weeks later...

NICE Service Changes go in effect April 24. There will be minor changes to some routes except the n24. Now they added purple into the mix of different schedule colors.

They finally fixed the n70 map.

Some noticeable changes include:

n45:

-Addition of a new midday trip to Bellmore at 1:35 PM. This may be to cover some areas left without service due to the elimination of the n51, and the elimination of the n46 and n50 from Bellmore.

n54/55:

-The 3:45 PM n55 from Amityville R.R Station to Hempstead will originate at Sunrise Mall at 3:55 PM

-The 6:30 PM n54 from Hempstead to Amityville will terminate at Sunrise Mall instead of Amityville R.R Station

-The 10:00 PM n55 from Hempstead will terminate at Jerusalem Avenue/Merrick Avenue instead of Sunrise Hwy/Broadway

-A new 8:00 AM n55 trip added on Sundays from Hempstead to Sunrise Mall

http://www.nicebus.com/Passenger-Information/General-Service-Information.aspx

• 2 weeks later...

There's mistake on n1 and n43.

n1's Saturday and Sunday Schedules says, "n6 Saturday/Sunday to Elmont/Jamaica or Hewlett/Grand Av)

http://nicebus.com/NiceBus/media/NiceBus-FrontPageSlider/NICE-n1_Apr2016-v2.pdf

n43 schedule still says Roosevelt Field/Hempstead.

http://nicebus.com/NiceBus/media/NiceBus-FrontPageSlider/NICE-n43_Apr2016-v1.pdf

Is n70 bus still on detour because of Smith St is still construction?

There's mistake on n1 and n43.

n1's Saturday and Sunday Schedules says, "n6 Saturday/Sunday to Elmont/Jamaica or Hewlett/Grand Av)

http://nicebus.com/NiceBus/media/NiceBus-FrontPageSlider/NICE-n1_Apr2016-v2.pdf

n43 schedule still says Roosevelt Field/Hempstead.

http://nicebus.com/NiceBus/media/NiceBus-FrontPageSlider/NICE-n43_Apr2016-v1.pdf

Is n70 bus still on detour because of Smith St is still construction?

They don't have proofreaders? haha

Today after checking n20G bus to Great Neck at Flushing-Main St, I took slow driver on Q44 SBS and got off at Sutphin Blvd/Jamaica Av at 1:04pm and made to Babylon train leaving Jamaica at 1:08pm.

I told Freeport after I show my Jamaica-Hicksville ticket, but when train got near Baldwin Harbor, I decided to go on n35 bus instead and got off train about 1:30pm.

I ask nearby pizza place if I could use you know what because n35 bus is slow.

1:45pm n35 Westbury was suppose to come at 1:48pm, but I gave chance then around 2pm, one more passenger came, then at 2:10pm I went to ticket machine to buy ticket to Freeport, then stop by at n35 bus at 2:22pm but I ended up taking LIRR at 2:28pm to Rockvile Cetre around 2:38pm and 2:20pm n15 Roosevelt Field came ontime at 2:45pm, and arrive 2 minutes late at Hempstead at 3:08pm.

Then, grab few schedules and 15:10pm n32 Far Rockaway was ontime, arrive Mott Av/Central Av at 4:08pm.

After Library Meeting in Brooklyn Heights and Whole Food shopping in East Village, I took (F) to Jamaica at 169th St, got off there around 9:22pm, then made to Q1 Jamaica Bus Terminal which got to terminal at 9:25pm.

There were two unhappy passengers about 9:40pm n22 Hicksville trip operating as 9:35pm n22 Roosevelt Field Mall. She called NICE Bus "dirty bus" after I told her 10:35pm n22 Hicksville bus. Two passengers were forced to take that bus to Mineola for LIRR to Hicksville.

Then I took Q44 SBS back to Flushing for (7) train home to Junction Blvd.

Edited by FamousNYLover

Today after checking n20G bus to Great Neck at Flushing-Main St, I took slow driver on Q44 SBS and got off at Sutphin Blvd/Jamaica Av at 1:04pm and made to Babylon train leaving Jamaica at 1:08pm.

I told Freeport after I show my Jamaica-Hicksville ticket, but when train got near Baldwin Harbor, I decided to go on n35 bus instead and got off train about 1:30pm.

I ask nearby pizza place if I could use you know what because n35 bus is slow.

1:45pm n35 Westbury was suppose to come at 1:48pm, but I gave chance then around 2pm, one more passenger came, then at 2:10pm I went to ticket machine to buy ticket to Freeport, then stop by at n35 bus at 2:22pm but I ended up taking LIRR at 2:28pm to Rockvile Cetre around 2:38pm and 2:20pm n15 Roosevelt Field came ontime at 2:45pm, and arrive 2 minutes late at Hempstead at 3:08pm.

Then, grab few schedules and 15:10pm n32 Far Rockaway was ontime, arrive Mott Av/Central Av at 4:08pm.

After Library Meeting in Brooklyn Heights and Whole Food shopping in East Village, I took (F) to Jamaica at 169th St, got off there around 9:22pm, then made to Q1 Jamaica Bus Terminal which got to terminal at 9:25pm.

There were two unhappy passengers about 9:40pm n22 Hicksville trip operating as 9:35pm n22 Roosevelt Field Mall. She called NICE Bus "dirty bus" after I told her 10:35pm n22 Hicksville bus. Two passengers were forced to take that bus to Mineola for LIRR to Hicksville.

Then I took Q44 SBS back to Flushing for (7) train home to Junction Blvd.

Hows the Q44 SBS, I haven't been on it yet.

Hows the Q44 SBS, I haven't been on it yet.

Some people is still confuse. I have seen few people dip their MetroCard onboard the bus before bus driver could tell her/him you have to get ticket.

My favorite way to get to Jamaica for n1, n4/4X, n6, n22, n24 buses are via Q44 SBS.