NICE Planned Service/Schedule Changes

tvega961

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, N6 Limited said:

Any examples?

They are doing the Holiday Bus at Hempstead Transit Center Next Tuesday, and detours on the n4 on Merrick on the 17. Apparently Kanye is going to visit the AME Church in Jamaica on Merrick. This shouldn't be a problem for the n4 because it's fast on Merrick Road, slow in Merrick Blvd because of all the signals.

On 12/10/2019 at 9:40 AM, NY1635 said:

They are doing the Holiday Bus at Hempstead Transit Center Next Tuesday, and detours on the n4 on Merrick on the 17. Apparently Kanye is going to visit the AME Church in Jamaica on Merrick. This shouldn't be a problem for the n4 because it's fast on Merrick Road, slow in Merrick Blvd because of all the signals.

Every Queens-Nassau route gets slowed down in Queens because of the signals, it's horrible. Now, they're trying to match Queens on Hempstead Turnpike, and Jericho.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, N6 Limited said:

"A faster ride" information seems to have been scrubbed from their site, are they scrapping the plans?

NICE must be planning on updating their website for the Winter Schedules. They are most likely doing it all in one go instead of bits and pieces of information like the Queens ReDesign.

On 12/24/2019 at 6:24 PM, NY1635 said:

NICE must be planning on updating their website for the Winter Schedules. They are most likely doing it all in one go instead of bits and pieces of information like the Queens ReDesign.

It's still interesting that the page was removed completely.

The Trip planner does reflect the removed stops though, I did some test trips on Jan 5th, and did a quick Jan 4th check, and the changes are obvious.

2 hours ago, N6 Limited said:

It's still interesting that the page was removed completely.

The Trip planner does reflect the removed stops though, I did some test trips on Jan 5th, and did a quick Jan 4th check, and the changes are obvious.

They are updating the information slowly and following procedure. Can't undermine the boss and make them look bad.

Nassau is infamous for cutting corners and taking shortcuts. That's what cost them the buses and their finances.

Apparently the PBA hasn't learned this lesson out on Floral Park and keeps harrassing people for money. 

Nassau isn't also trying to undermine the MTA and make them look bad. Though the competitor doesn't need help with the Governor losing his mind and control of the state.

On 12/29/2019 at 10:30 PM, NY1635 said:

They are updating the information slowly and following procedure. Can't undermine the boss and make them look bad.

Nassau is infamous for cutting corners and taking shortcuts. That's what cost them the buses and their finances.

Apparently the PBA hasn't learned this lesson out on Floral Park and keeps harrassing people for money. 

Nassau isn't also trying to undermine the MTA and make them look bad. Though the competitor doesn't need help with the Governor losing his mind and control of the state.

Their wording on the schedule changes:

Our new 2020 Winter schedules go into effect on January 5th. Please note that while all buses will make all stops as usual, the new timetables have been streamlined and simplified to show key timepoints along the route. While your stop may not be listed on the timetable as before, rest assured we will be making all stops! 

Maybe the stop removal plans were scrapped or postponed till spring?

Sunrise Mall is owned by the Westfield Group. The Railroad Station is out on Amityville.

I think NICE should make the n54 the Amityville Route for Nurses working at Brunswick Hopsital.

Make the n55 Sunrise-Masappequa Route. It can run to Massapequa LIRR-Hempstead during the hours of 12am to 2am on weekdays.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2020 at 8:33 AM, NY1635 said:

Sunrise Mall is owned by the Westfield Group. The Railroad Station is out on Amityville.

I think NICE should make the n54 the Amityville Route for Nurses working at Brunswick Hopsital.

Make the n55 Sunrise-Masappequa Route. It can run to Massapequa LIRR-Hempstead during the hours of 12am to 2am on weekdays.

n54/n55 used to go to/from Amityville Station. After that cut, they cut to Sunrise Mall.

On 12/16/2019 at 10:18 AM, NY1635 said:

The n31/32/33 is now doing pickups at Beach 21st and Mott Avenue because the (A) Terminal is closed.

I went to Far Rockaway-Mott Av to see for my self before I went to Queens Bus Network Redesign meeting in Ridgewood.

It was completely false.

Beach 21st St was CLOSED OFF between Cornoga and Mott Avs, which buses can't access at all.

Bus were making detour via Beach 19th St to Mott Av, Central Av.

After I sent email to Jack Khouz, he fixed it but I don't think Beach 19th St/Mott Av will be safe spot for n31/32 Hempstead and n33 Far Rockaway bus. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Be Advised, effective Monday, 1/22/2020 the A Train Bus Terminal on B21 St will close permanently. All n31/32 buses will pick up at the corner of B19th Street at the S.E. corner of Mott Street.  n33 buses 1st first stop/last stop will be located at b20th and Cornega Avenue

far-rock.JPG

Edited by FamousNYLover

53 minutes ago, FamousNYLover said:

I went to Far Rockaway-Mott Av to see for my self before I went to Queens Bus Network Redesign meeting in Ridgewood.

It was completely false.

Beach 21st St was CLOSED OFF between Cornoga and Mott Avs, which buses can't access at all.

Bus were making detour via Beach 19th St to Mott Av, Central Av.

After I sent email to Jack Khouz, he fixed it but I don't think Beach 19th St/Mott Av will be safe spot for n31/32 Hempstead and n33 Far Rockaway bus. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Be Advised, effective Monday, 1/22/2020 the A Train Bus Terminal on B21 St will close permanently. All n31/32 buses will pick up at the corner of B19th Street at the S.E. corner of Mott Street.  n33 buses 1st first stop/last stop will be located at b20th and Cornega Avenue

far-rock.JPG

Thanks for the diagram. It Helps.

It means the n31,32, and 33 are travelling South on Beach 20th for Seagirt, North on Beach 19th for the Subway and Central. 

BTW: Westfield Sunrise on the n54/55 is a Mall in Massapequa. Amityville is the Railroad station for Suffolk County.

n54/55 is used mainly by Hospital workers for South Oaks on Louden. It's really hard to navigate in the dark around there. 

Edited by NY1635

1 hour ago, Hound said:

Why does it show layover on s/b B20th at Cornaga when both routes continue south to Seagirt.?

Beach 20th is a one way street.

n33: Left from Beach 19th to Mott, Left from Mott to Beach 20th, Last Stop: Beach 20th at Cornaga Avenue. 

This could've been avoided if the n31/32 just used Beach 9th Street to reach Mott or Seagirt. 

4 hours ago, NY1635 said:

Beach 20th is a one way street.

n33: Left from Beach 19th to Mott, Left from Mott to Beach 20th, Last Stop: Beach 20th at Cornaga Avenue. 

This could've been avoided if the n31/32 just used Beach 9th Street to reach Mott or Seagirt. 

Mott Av between Beach 22nd St and Beach 19th is jitney stop.

On 1/24/2020 at 1:02 AM, FamousNYLover said:

On northside side goes to Jamaica. I asked drivers wrong time and they said they go to Jamaica on north side.

Some jitney parells Q22 bus.

Abridged Version:

n31/32: Nassau County Roads West Broadway, Central Avenue and Hempstead Avenue.

Q113/114: New York State Nassau Expressway, Queens County Road Guy R. Brewer and 147th Avenue. 

Q22: Queens County Road Beach Channel Drive and Rockaway Beach Blvd

QM17: Queens County Road Beach Channel Drive, Crossbay/Woodhaven Blvd.

n33: Nassau County Road Beech Street

If it's that hard than extend the n1 from Grant Park to Five Town Shopping Center via West Broadway, Rockaway Turnpike.

Edited by NY1635

• 1 month later...