Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
R33WF

GTA 4 Subway

I am thinking of releaseing the GTA 4 subway route I made. If I do release it will be for Trainz 2009

Bohan (Bronx)

Looking South at San Quentin Av

trainz2012-02-1923-21-44-06.jpg

looking out of the river tunnel

trainz2012-02-1923-22-15-64.jpg

Algonquin (Manhattan)

looking near the bridge from Algonquin to Bohan

trainz2012-02-1923-22-46-19.jpg

looking at Frankfort High Station

trainz2012-02-2000-09-43-45.jpg

looking out of the tunnel near Frankfort High

trainz2012-02-1923-23-30-05.jpg

looking at the junction

trainz2012-02-1923-23-41-05.jpg

looking near the junction Algonquin Bridge

trainz2012-02-1923-25-31-46.jpg

look at Easton Station on both lines

trainz2012-02-2000-09-19-31.jpg

Broker (Brooklyn)

looking near the Broker Bridge cossing over the EL

trainz2012-02-1923-26-15-60.jpg

looking at Hove Beach from the beach

trainz2012-02-1923-26-46-08.jpg

looking at Hove Beach

trainz2012-02-1923-27-14-21.jpg

looking at the Hove Beach area

trainz2012-02-1923-27-06-93.jpg

looking at the yard lead

trainz2012-02-1923-27-32-30.jpg

looking at the yard

trainz2012-02-1923-27-41-95.jpg

Dukes (Queens)

looking by the junction from the main line to the unname station

trainz2012-02-2000-41-29-50.jpg

looking south from the Unname Station

trainz2012-02-1923-30-52-31.jpg

looking north from Unname Station

trainz2012-02-1923-30-43-29.jpg

looking at Francis International Airport

trainz2012-02-1923-31-22-19.jpg

looking at Huntington St Station

trainz2012-02-1923-28-47-89.jpg

I congratulate you sir on a job well done! :tup: That unnamed station is actually called Dukes Blvd. I remember seeing the name on a sign hanged on the gate leading to the stairway for the station at street level. Just thought I should let you know. :D

Hey, those subway stations look familiar :D

This is really good stuff! I would look into some "un-Trainzish" railroad tracks for some of the surface portions, like in the yard photo. But this looks really good and the time you spent on it is evident! Cannot wait to try this one out! :tup::tup:

-A

Please use different trackS!!!!!

The tracks are just fine. They don't need to be changed. And if you want to use different tracks, change them.

I agree with (2) Train Master. I think that you should change the tracks to the newer ones that I have seen around here, made by BStyles I believe. I think he talks about the ones in this picture. You might want to straighten out the junctions. However, I really like that 3rd;

trainz2012-02-1923-27-41-95.jpg

Anyways, if you do not change the tracks, and others do not want to use these ones, there is a tool in Trainz called Replace Assets. You select an item, and then you can replace every item like it in the route with a different asset.

I really like your work, it looks so accurate to GTA IV. Great job, and keep up the great work.

The tracks are just fine. They don't need to be changed. And if you want to use different tracks, change them.

Fine! :eek: maybe the wooden ones w/o the yellow catwalk for more vintage style old school. And yes they do need to be changed,theres a reason why newer content was made for more realism don't get me wrong those tracks were great a few years back when we had nothing more real but it's time to update and move on and be more creative.

If I had the chance I would in a heartbeat to change those tracks.

The routes looks good but the tracks are killing us.

Fine! :eek: maybe the wooden ones w/o the yellow catwalk for more vintage style old school. And yes they do need to be changed,theres a reason why newer content was made for more realism don't get me wrong those tracks were great a few years back when we had nothing more real but it's time to update and move on and be more creative.

If I had the chance I would in a heartbeat to change those tracks.

The routes looks good but the tracks are killing us.

The tracks in use here have very minor differences compared to the ones in-game. Mainly the absence of the catwalks. Other than that, they are very similar.

Look here;

trainz2012-02-2000-09-43-45.jpg

Now Look here;

Island.jpg

trainznyc6.jpg

Don't these ones look a little better than the Floridarailmaster EL tracks?

vintagenyctaelrailpackd.png

nyctaelrailpackdefined.png

We are not saying that you have to change them, we think you should change them just because it would give it a realistic feel; That it would make it look pretty modern. Floridarailmaster was a great creator when here, I won't deny that, but other guys have stepped up to fill Magicland's, his, and many other NYCTA Creator's shoes, like GE&P(6) and BStyles, the creator of these EL tracks. He could have made them payware, they look very worthy of it to me, but he released them. GE&P(6) released many of the things too, signs, signals, underground stations, the deal. I can see you have BStyles's EL Splines in the root. Again, this is just a suggestion.

Edited by trainguy97

Nice job. I really like your work. This content here should help you out. It was made by Green Eggs n' Pelham and BStyles.

GE&P (6) Speed Signs, Car Stop Signs

NYCTA Signs.cdp

GE&P (6) Subway Stations, if you decide to go underground. The link takes you to where the exact post of the stations is. The only one that I have missing the the 3T Side Station.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/485605-post713.html

BStyles Elevated Track, Vintage and Current

Vintage NYCTA Elevated Trestle Pack.rar

NYCTA Elevated Trestle Pack.rar

BStyles Elevated Stations

NYCTA Elevated Station Pack Pt.1.cdp2

Door Control, allows you to open the doors at station splines, and this can be added as a driver command if you want to create AI traffic

Door Control.cdp

Custom Station Kit by GE&P (6). This is if you want to design your own underground stations.

NYCTA Custom Station Kit.cdp

NYCTA Signals Pack, GE&P (6), and the ReadMe.

NYCTA Signals v2.cdp

read me.txt

There

Anyone thinking of converting the train from GTA IV to Trainz. I think it would be perfect but that's just me.:(

That would be interesting. I don't think that you could import the GTA model into trainz though, you would have to make it from scratch. I would like to say that a re-textured version of the Magicland R32 would work though.

Just want to let everyone know that the GTA 4 Subway is now on the Download Station.

considering it's based on the R32 and R38s, I would think it would be a hard copyright to defend.

You're paying for GTA 4, whether you acquired it without paying or via purchase. Taking models from the game violates the terms of service contract(the thing you skip through before you install the game). Regardless if it's based on any real train model the model was not created by you or me, and therefore it is copyright of Rockstar Games.

Its possible to convert it, you would just have to convert it into 3dsmax or gmax, and then re-rig it and then convert it into trainz IIRC, also rockstar games have been made moddable on purpose, i'm pretty sure, and they are over millions, of mods. and i'm pretty sure that most modders never got in trouble because of it, probably mainly because of it being released as 3rd party freeware and not payware.

Its possible to convert it, you would just have to convert it into 3dsmax or gmax, and then re-rig it and then convert it into trainz IIRC, also rockstar games have been made moddable on purpose, i'm pretty sure, and they are over millions, of mods. and i'm pretty sure that most modders never got in trouble because of it, probably mainly because of it being released as 3rd party freeware and not payware.

Still, there would need to be many things done to it. Make it passenger compatible, door compatible, Driver Command compatible, the deal.

I know most of these things are done in 3DS Max, but how would you convert that type of file?

You would need to get the converted version that converted from gta iv to gta sa, then iirc there's is also a dff. file plugin for 3dsmax. Dff is the main format of object file for every gta game between gta 3 and gta vice city stories. hope this helps.:P