The MTA should make a transfer between the J M trains and the G and also between the L and 3/4 lines

N4 Via Merrick Rd

never will happen

1)mta is too cheap/poor/cash strapped..Unless you want the fund the whole project your self

2)according to the dumb mta, there is a lack of ridership for the connection (same for the L and 3)

I myself will love this connection, instead of doing to a somewhat free (with unlimited metrocard) out of system transfer

The Hewes Street Station platforms are extremely far away from the Broadway Street Station. Even worse is the buildings and the streets between them. According to Google Maps there are streets and buildings here. Tearing them down to make a transfer is impossible, and besides the (G) riders have a transfer to the (M) at Court Square. Plus they can also ride to the (F) to transfer to the (J)/(Z) at Delancey. I see this as something that isn't needed especially because of the property between here.

6775152440_ca1ee2b457_b.jpg

Maybe an idea that would work is an out of system transfer. That is the only thing that would work here.

But what about people that just wants stations on the (J) or (G) without having to back track using the (L) and not wanting to pay another fare? If it's 4 blocks, then how would it be any different than the (F) at Lexington? It's just reprogramming the turnstiles, not building a physical connection. Tape up a few signs leading people to the entrances and the transfer is set.

Well, now it is definitely a wrong time for more construction proposals. We have multiple projects going on already: SAS, ESA, 7 extension, Flushing Line CBTC upgrade, Fulton Street, I can go on. And Sea Beach Rehab is scheduled for some time soon. The point is that the TA has more than enough at the plate at the moment, I'd say finish what was started first, then we could talk about secondary projects/proposals.

There's no need for construction, the current reconstruction of the (D) 62nd st stop and OOS transfer to the (N) shows all that's needed is to reprogram the turnstiles to accept a MC transfer. Just offer ppl a MC transfer and perhaps ridership will go up.

Of course there's 'low ridership', no one is going to want to pay another full fare to transfer if they can find other options. It's for convenience in areas that are close enough and can benefit from it, that's what the transfers should be for.

The MTA is convinced that not enough people would use it.

I can't see why anyone would willingly leave the station to walk 4 blocks and transfer to a train when its easier to use a connecting train with an easier transfer to reach it. Hell for some, walking that tunnel at Atlantic to get the manhattan (2)(3) train is too much.

Hell for some, walking that tunnel at Atlantic to get the manhattan (2)(3) train is too much.

From the (D)(N)(R) it's pretty damn long. From the (:P(Q), it's long but it's manageable. It's the people you have to dodge and overtake while walking for the transfer that is annoying. It's like driving on the Van Wyck in the morning.

There's no need for construction, the current reconstruction of the (D) 62nd st stop and OOS transfer to the (N) shows all that's needed is to reprogram the turnstiles to accept a MC transfer. Just offer ppl a MC transfer and perhaps ridership will go up.

Of course there's 'low ridership', no one is going to want to pay another full fare to transfer if they can find other options. It's for convenience in areas that are close enough and can benefit from it, that's what the transfers should be for.

Agreed. Just create an OOS transfer between the (J)(M) and (G) and call it a day. That 4-block walk along Brooklyn/Bway. is way too long to connect the Nassau and Crosstown lines. Plus the ridership is too low to spend tens of millions in that part of Brooklyn.

On the other hand, if funding becomes create a 'physical in station' transfer between (3)(4) and (L). For now that (L) and (3) transfer could also get an OOS transfer as well. IMO a (3)(4)(L) transfer would do very well.

Its called the J to B'way JCT, then the L to Lorimer Street. Simple.

Hello, thats mah long and its stupid b/c you take (J) 8 stops to bway Jct. and then your coming back on (L) from Bway Jct to Lorimer is 11 stops thats 19 stops!!!!!!(in total) 8 to Bway Jct and 11 to Lorimer makes 19.:eek: I might as well pay another fare instead of wasting 30mins looping around back to the same area.

The Hewes Street Station platforms are extremely far away from the Broadway Street Station. Even worse is the buildings and the streets between them. According to Google Maps there are streets and buildings here. Tearing them down to make a transfer is impossible, and besides the (G) riders have a transfer to the (M) at Court Square. Plus they can also ride to the (F) to transfer to the (J)/(Z) at Delancey. I see this as something that isn't needed especially because of the property between here.

6775152440_ca1ee2b457_b.jpg

Maybe an idea that would work is an out of system transfer. That is the only thing that would work here.

You build the transfer under New Montrose Avenue not on Broadway its not as long

Guest lance25

It's not as easy as just plopping a connection between two stations. You have any idea what's under Montose Avenue? Yeah, neither do I, but I'm almost positive there are pipes and other electrical stuff underneath the street that would have to be moved around and stuff. That costs a lot of money and given the probable lack of use, there won't be a good return on investment on such a project.

Yes, it's unfortunate that there aren't a lot of connections between the Crosstown line and the rest of the system, but they can't just build a connection between the Crosstown and Broadway-Jamaica lines and hope for the best.

You build the transfer under New Montrose Avenue not on Broadway its not as long

The entrance to the station is at Hooper Street not Montrose Avenue. The Montrose Avenue entrance appears to always be locked. Also any transfer built here would have to travel four blocks. It is pretty far and not much people would travel that long to transfer. The ridership doesn't warrant for it. The best thing here would be an out of system transfer.

Archived