Railfan Trip on the 1 (6/12/08)

R32 3348

I haven't posted up photos in a while, probably since I never got around to it. Anyway, today was a pretty interesting day.

Trip Highlights -

- Walk from school (94th + Park) to 91st and 2nd Avenue, the beginning of the Launch Box

- Walk past the Launch Box (photos in the launch box thread)

- M96 Bus from 2nd Avenue to Broadway (I waited 20 minutes for it)

- (1) from 96th Street to 242nd, then all the way back down to South Ferry, then back up to Chambers Street

- Some woman tells me it's illegal to take photos of the subway

- After feeling disoriented I get off at chambers Street to transfer to the (E)...after 5 minutes of searching I realize that the transfer is at Park Place

- (3) up to times Square

- (7) to 74th Street - Broadway

About the South Ferry incident...so anyway, while the train is pulling into South Ferry. Out of nowhere you see ten overpeppy asian tourists (I'm describing them, not being racist in any way). They all take out their cameras and all take pictures of the 1 train, squealing and all. The worst part was that everyone's flash was on, so I was looking through the front window and I was practically blinded. Whatever, so I get off at South Ferry to take a few pictures here and there.

I'm in the middle of a video of the train leaving South Ferry, and I feel someone tap me on the back, so I turn around. some woman wags her finger and me and says "NO...not allowed...camera". I get the message, and after standing for over an hour and a half, sometimes in the heat, I REALLY don't feel in the mood to argue so I'm just like ok, whatever, I'll put my camera away. She gets on the train, I curse her out under my breath, and I get on a different car. I was so...not really pissed off, but disoriented, that I got off at Chambers thinking that a transfer was there to the (E). That woman told me that it was illegal (I SPEAK ENGLISH you know!) to take pictures, yet I wasn't even using flash. She completely ignored that other group of disruptive tourists...anyway. On to pictures.

DSCF1540.jpg

M15 bus on 2nd Avenue and between 95th an 96th Streets

DSCF1542.jpg

Another M15

DSCF1543.jpg

M96 Bus Stop

DSCF1547.jpg

Eastbound M96

DSCF1548.jpg

Inside an M96

DSCF1549.jpg

Parked M96 at Broadway...8810

DSCF1550.jpg

My Bus...8811

DSCF1551.jpg

Close-up of my bus

DSCF1552.jpg

Concrete wall and new tiling at 96th Street N/B, part of the ongoing renovations

DSCF1554-1.jpg

Weekend G.O. (2)(3)

DSCF1556.jpg

R142 Truck

DSCF1557.jpg

R62 (3) Train Entering 96th. I was too late.

DSCF1559.jpg

R62A 2185 (1) Train Entering 96th Street...at least I held the camera still

DSCF1560.jpg

Flyover Track at 207th Street, leading to the yard

DSCF1564.jpg

R62A 1830 at VCP

DSCF1565.jpg

R62A 1830 at VCP

DSCF1566.jpg

Another view of R62A 2185

DSCF1567.jpgRebuilding the IRT - 7th Ave Line

DSCF1568.jpg

Artwork at VCP

DSCF1569.jpg

More Artwork

DSCF1570.jpg

Another view of R62A 1830...

DSCF1571.jpg

Notice about South Ferry...the classic "Move to the first 5 cars"

DSCF1572.jpg

R62A Interior

DSCF1573.jpg

R62A 2185 leaving

DSCF1574.jpg

Bumper block

DSCF1575.jpg

Abandoned Platform

DSCF1576.jpg

Station View

DSCF1577.jpg

Random

DSCF1578.jpg

This picture would've been perfect if I had pushed the shutter button harder. By the time I pressed it hard enough it was too late.

DSCF1579.jpg

(2) Train at Chambers

DSCF1580.jpg

R62A 2431 at SF

DSCF1581.jpg

(1) Train at south Ferry

Nice Pictures dude! I cant stress enough for all of us to CARRY THE RULES. They shut up when you throw it in their face, that photography is in fact LEGAL. I carry them EVERYTIME, and it works.. Its funny, Tuesday morning when I began photographing again ( 1st time since December ), I took photgraphs right in front of (MTA) employees at Coney Island, and Brighton Beach, and nobody said a word to me ( knock on wood for next time now lol). Carry the rules dude, it works B)

What can I say? Overpeppy Asian tourists wrong (for using flash), woman who apparently thinks you can't speak English wrong (you CAN photograph the subway), and you doing everything legally. People really don't bother to read the rules anywhere, do they? Great pics BTW.

Wonderful.....don't worry someone ratted me out to a cop one day while raifanning on the (7) train one Sunday and trust me I was real mad that I couldn't make any more videos. Like the others say carry the rules and if someone tells you "no picture taking" shove the rules in their faces and they will shut the hell up.

nice job! i personally like blurry pics of the train coming in underground, but then that's just my crazy opinion lol

and that's too bad to hear about the lady picking on you, some people just can't get it through their heads and that is a shame

nice job! i personally like blurry pics of the train coming in underground, but then that's just my crazy opinion lol

and that's too bad to hear about the lady picking on you, some people just can't get it through their heads and that is a shame

lol Thanks! And yeah I have to deal with those looks even if I'm not taking photos...

Archived