Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Novabus 5000

They Were Nice While They Lasted...

Woow, that's a lot of buses inside this lot! Are they all going to the scrap heap or something?

IMG_0125.jpg

What kind of bus is that? I've never seen them before. They look pretty nice from the back. ;)

Woow, that's a lot of buses inside this lot! Are they all going to the scrap heap or something?

What kind of bus is that? I've never seen them before. They look pretty nice from the back. ;)

They are the New Flyer Vikings.

These were buses used for the X51. When the X51 was discontinued then they were retired. These buses I heard were mixed up with a hudson metro order (meaning that the buses in the pics should've gone to hudson metro instead of NYCT). They couldn't even send it to QV:(

:)Great pics:tup::tup:

All tthese buses worked hard during there stay

BTW was 1561 the only LIB in there? 1544,1546 should be there.

;)

These buses were bought purchased with federal funds. That means that these buses cannot legally be sold or retired. That is why these buses still have plates. IIRC, by the end of February the buses will be available to be sold.

Then why did Transit put up a listing for them? You would think they would have known.

What happened to LIB #1561?

I don't know, but 15 other buses in this range are OOS as well. Probably engine failure or structural problems.

These were buses used for the X51. When the X51 was discontinued then they were retired. These buses I heard were mixed up with a hudson metro order (meaning that the buses in the pics should've gone to hudson metro instead of NYCT). They couldn't even send it to QV:(

Nope - not hudson metro but Houston METRO. It appears that we got more than what was purchased so y'all guys snatched them up. If those buses were to stay in Houston, they would have been buses 4804-4806. Currently, we have 93 of them left in the active fleet out of 104 originally purchased by METRO. The fleet #s we have for those are 4700-4803.

you'd be surprised, IIRC, the that listing is old....

Thats why I said for quite some time lol.

They're still up for sale. But whos gonna buy a bus with limited parts available?