Bx12 SBS Videos I just found

tripleeye49

No doubt, I am still very skeptical of this corridor for BRT service. BRT needs to have its own right of way in order to truly be successful like in Bogota, Mexico City, etc.

I agree with you. That SUV blocking the lane is a great example, and it will get worse Mon-Sat, with deliveries to stores and all. There will be a huge lack of enforcement for this, and it will be a multi-million dollar waste the MTA put forth. They will of course justify this SBS by saying for most riders it reduced times, when the buses will hardly be able to use the lanes. Fridays (the day Fordham Rd/207st comes to a stand still), will tell if this works or not.......I say not!!!!!!

With what they are talking about for 34th Street, it may work there though.

Grand Concourse, Hylan Blvd, and Hillside Avenues are the best current routes for BRT.

And the Manhattan street most tailor made for a BRT will never get it because of the rich folk on that street (Park Avenue). All you need is to have is no car traffic south of 125th Street. Boom! But will NEVER HAPPEN!

With what they are talking about for 34th Street, it may work there though.

Grand Concourse, Hylan Blvd, and Hillside Avenues are the best current routes for BRT.

And the Manhattan street most tailor made for a BRT will never get it because of the rich folk on that street (Park Avenue). All you need is to have is no car traffic south of 125th Street. Boom! But will NEVER HAPPEN!

You make a point about the 34th st. but then there will be more traffic. cars will be stopping on their own lanes and then drivers won't care. but that might not happen since so many cops are on 34th st.

to correct you on one thing, they canceled the Q46 SBS after a study, and they found that if SBS was made on the line, there will be a lack of ridership.

The Q46 is Union Turnpike

Hillside is primarily covered by the Q1, Q36, and Q43, in Queens and the N22 in Nassau. Other buses run on Hillside, but those are the primary ones.

Q46: http://mta.info/nyct/bus/schedule/queens/q046cur.pdf

There were folks from the MTA talking at one point running a Queens / Nassau BRT

Archived