Finally rode the M15 +SelectBusService+

Acela Express

I've ridden the M15 SBS at least 30 times and I've only seen fare inspectors the first time I rode, back when it first came out. I always pay, but I'll be honest, there's been some times when I've only had to go one or two stops and the bus is already at the stop so I just hopped on because they won't wait for you.

Youve been lucky. As an occasional rider of the M15SBS I usually have a 50/50 chance of seeing a fare inspector. Hell, I've stopped putting my ticket away until I was either off the bus or I saw an inspector. And even still, I wouldn't make it a big habit of getting on the bus without a slip. You don't want a $100 ticket just for two stops.

You're slow, took you this long to ride it? Then again, I still haven't taken the Bx12 in SBS form, so fair play.

The 28th St stop is a pain the neck if you're going past it (which I always am), but there's a huge riderbase there, and many of them are disabled as well, so without a subway you basically have to keep that stop. I'd vouch for more stops tbh, the skip from 14th St to Houston-Allen is absurd, especially with the number of elderly types in that neighborhood.

Ive never had a problem at 28th Street, granted as I previously said, I'm only a part-time rider. To me, 14th Street is more hectic than 28th Street, but even then the loading time isn't that bad.

Speaking off SBS, I wonder what happened what if blackout occurs again? Will these affect all SBS machines on Bx12/M15/M34(A)?

SBS machines are the least of your worries if there's a blackout. You should be more concerned with traffic lights not working and thousands of people being stranded in the subway underground.

Archived