Question about SBS proof of payment?

Jdog14

Student MetroCard or Student MetroCard Special Program (Good for 2 Trips) must be put in MetroCard Fare Collectors, however if you have Half-Fare Student MetroCard, you have to follow steps of Senior Citizens, which is use Coin Fare Collector by pressing yellow button, wait until it says $1.10, then insert $1.10. After you paid, obtain your receipt.

the fare collectors dont take Student Cards. simply pay reduced fare with coins. and take the receipt

Only MetroCard Fare Collectors does not take Half-Fare Student MetroCard because that also requires coins to be use, so they have to use Coin Fare Collector.

Students who have Student MetroCard or Student MetroCard Special Program pass can be used at MetroCard Fare Collector.

I have lot more experience with SBS, most Student uses Student MetroCard on MetroCard Fare Collector during rush hour on school days.

Good luck in trying to get every kid to pay that machine and get a receipt,

Fair beating on the B44 is sky high, we need more inspectors out on the bus to stop it.

You gonna see every kid with their mom or dads at the Transit Adjudication bureau in Downtown Brooklyn trying to fight these tickets ha!

Fair beating on the B44 is the tip of the iceberg. Flatbush Ave// B41 is on Phase 2 for +SBS+, and fair beating on that line along with the B46.

Those inspectors will have a field day in Brooklyn South on the 44/41.

Because they're out to lunch as usual... P.S. it's "fare beating"... :)

Except that as I've mentioned before, +SBS+ reduces farebeating. Like I said, I'd be more afraid to farebeat where there's a risk of a fare inspector coming on because once you get on there's still the risk of being caught.

And the MTA itself said that farebeating decreased on both the M15 and Bx12 (I'm too lazy to look it up, but it said something like 6% to 3% on both routes)

And like I said, +SBS+ attracts additional ridership and speeds up the buses, which saves on costs as well.

Anybody who uses farebeating as a reason why a route shouldn't have +SBS+ has no idea what they're talking about.

Except that in case you haven't noticed, +SBS+ reduces farebeating.

Oh really??? Based on what??? I've heard of rampid farebeating on the Bx12 for sure, and I have yet to see an inspector on any of the SBS routes I've used, so when do they check to "reduce" farebeating??? :confused: As usual trying to downplay farebeating... :)

Oh really??? Based on what??? I've heard of rampid farebeating on the Bx12 for sure, and I have yet to see an inspector on any of the SBS routes I've used, so when do they check to "reduce" farebeating??? :confused: As usual trying to downplay farebeating... :)

Based on stats the MTA put out. It's in some of the documents about +SBS+ on other routes (I'm not going to look for them), and how it's already affected farebeating on the Bx12 and M15.

And you just take the percentage of people caught on the buses they do check and assume it's more or less the same on every bus.

And just because you don't see inspectors doesn't mean they aren't there, just that you haven't seen them. Unless you have connections at the MTA, you don't know what stops they'll be at in advance. So you've been riding for free for the last 10 times (and saved yourself $22.50), but on the 11th time, you get caught and you have to pay $100. Of course, there's always going to be people who ride and never get caught, and then there's people who ride and get caught multiple times.

Based on stats the MTA put out. It's in some of the documents about +SBS+ on other routes, and how it's already affected farebeating on the Bx12 and M15.

And you just take the percentage of people caught on the buses they do check and assume it's more or less the same on every bus.

LMAO... Oh please... They're not even sure how many farebeaters there are and you expect us to believe the stats that they put out?? You've got to be joking. :)

Having rode both lines within the past 3 months, I can say that other than Pelham Park for the Bx12 sbs, there was little to no visible inspector(s) going around to make sure people got a receipt. So data figures are meaningless. The only way that data is correct is if there are undercover cops or such going around making sure people are using the machines before boarding.

LMAO... Oh please... They're not even sure how many farebeaters there are and you expect us to believe the stats that they put out?? You've got to be joking. :)

What the hell are you talking about? Most of the B/Os I see press F5, and you just add in a certain number to account for the few that don't.

Having rode both lines within the past 3 months, I can say that other than Pelham Park for the Bx12 sbs, there was little to no visible inspector(s) going around to make sure people got a receipt. So data figures are meaningless. The only way that data is correct is if there are undercover cops or such going around making sure people are using the machines before boarding.

And how many times have you rode them? I've rode the HBLR a few times and haven't gotten checked, but that doesn't mean there aren't fare inspectors. If you ride on a regular basis (at least a few times a week), you're bound to see them sooner or later. People have put up videos of fare inspectors at stops, and somebody else posted about how they missed an easy chance to catch farebeaters on the Bx12.

What the hell are you talking about? Most of the B/Os I see press F5, and you just add in a certain number to account for the few that don't.

Yeah and I see plenty that DON'T, so don't try to act like their numbers are so accurate. You really disgust me with your comments trying to constant downplay farebeating. The (MTA) really doesn't have a clue how much money they lose. It's just another example of them not being able to budget. They can't even figure out how much money they have, so how can they legitimately figure out how much money they lose from farebeating when they hardly have inspectors around to check? Like I said, they're out to lunch. :tdown:

Why would the TA wanna put SBS on lines with such high levels of fair beating?

SBS consideration factors in everything on targeted bus lines - ways to move the buses faster, farebeating, reliability, etc.. And, that said, the B44 is prime for SBS, in my opinion. The route has 102 weekday runs, and it's the most unreliable line in the borough, as rated last year. The traffic is ridiculous, which causes buses to bunch. Looking at the schedule is a joke. And farebeating is another issue when these buses are severely packed, the only option for most is to enter illegally through the rear doors. It happens often.

As I said in another thread, that the B35 or B41 would be up for consideration if the streets were a bit wider to accomodate bus lanes.

Archived