Question about SBS proof of payment?

Jdog14

Yeah and I see plenty that DON'T, so don't try to act like their numbers are so accurate. You really disgust me with your comments trying to constant downplay farebeating. The (MTA) really doesn't have a clue how much money they lose. It's just another example of them not being able to budget. They can't even figure out how much money they have, so how can they legitimately figure out how much money they lose from farebeating when they hardly have inspectors around to check? Like I said, they're out to lunch. :tdown:

Well, I don't see "plenty that don't". Like I said there are always some who don't press it for one reason or another, but the majority do. And even if half of them didn't, it's a trivial amount in the grand scheme of things.

And like I said, just because you don't see fare inspectors doesn't mean they aren't there.

In Jamaica Queens, most of the fairbeating occurs.

The only routes through Jamaica are the X64 and X68. Are you sure you're not referring to limited-stop buses?

As I said in another thread, that the B35 or B41 would be up for consideration if the streets were a bit wider to accomodate bus lanes.

Church Avenue is wide enough! Nostrand Avenue is one parking lane, and about 1 1/2 lanes of traffic. So what's wrong with Church Ave?

Church Avenue is wide enough! Nostrand Avenue is one parking lane, and about 1 1/2 lanes of traffic. So what's wrong with Church Ave?

Nostrand Avenue is two parking lanes with the right parking lane being eliminated for thru-traffic only during specified hours (set rush hour times). And it's all in one direction on Nostrand Avenue for most of it's corridor, til south of Farragut Rd. when the street becomes two way all the way down to Emmons Avenue.

Now where along the entire corridor of Church Avenue can you accomodate bus lanes where there's literally one traffic lane in both directions? Church Avenue becomes wider west of Ocean Parkway, safely accomodating two moving lanes. Now, I ask, again, where exactly can you place bus lanes on Church Avenue, on it's most congested portion?

Church Ave wide enough ????

forget sbs , get those dam dollar cabs of the road & things might operate a bit more smoothly

btw in my opinion church ave isnt wide enough , their will be no place for parking

1. Yeah, they need to go!

2. Who needs a f**cking car? :)

Archived