2012 Orion VII EPA10 CNG Discussion - Nassau Inter-County Express (Nice)

This morning, Orion representatives met with Nassau County/NICE officials to discuss the terms of the next CNG order. At this time all is a go for up to 45 new buses to begin delivery in just a couple months. The buses are said to have similar specs to the NG's, and Nassau is set to issue a Notice To Proceed next week.

As more details become available, I will be sure to post them.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't wait to see the looks of these buses!

So, they are the Orion 5 replacements or are they just add-ons?

When I talked to NICE at the community meeting, they said these are going to replace the older Orion Vs.

Lets make so that the stop light up so where the driver can see unlike the 1700's. Too many times drivers are missing stops.

On some buses, when a stop is requested, a light pops up on the dashboard. I'm surprised the Orion buses don't have that. I think the Nova RTS buses have that. And I was on the newly painted 1827 yesterday, and the driver almost missed my stop until somebody else yelled "getting off" and he braked.

On some buses, when a stop is requested, a light pops up on the dashboard. I'm surprised the Orion buses don't have that. I think the Nova RTS buses have that. And I was on the newly painted 1827 yesterday, and the driver almost missed my stop until somebody else yelled "getting off" and he braked.

The Orion 5s and 7s do have it.

As for this news, I hope they give those 2000 Orion 5s to us here in the city!!!!!

The Orion 5s and 7s do have it.

Oh, wow. I didn't know that.

As for this news, I hope they give those 2000 Orion 5s to us here in the city!!!!!

I spoke to somebody at NICE at the Great Neck community meeting and they said when they decide to retire the Orion 5s, they're going to auction them off to the public.

they are not in bad shape/just the luminator screens need a little repair

That is wrong. Explain why when I was at Great Neck the other day, a 1500 broke down and the 1600 I was on had trouble starting up. The engine wouldn't turn over.

That is wrong. Explain why when I was at Great Neck the other day, a 1500 broke down and the 1600 I was on had trouble starting up. The engine wouldn't turn over.

well the ones i see arent in bad shape. but wait im on the southernwestern part or where the RVC depot buses are at. wait a minute 1500 is an 1997-1998 CumminsL10G unit:mad: those are far gone.

well the ones i see arent in bad shape. but wait im on the southernwestern part or where the RVC depot buses are at. wait a minute 1500 is an 1997-1998 CumminsL10G unit:mad: those are far gone.

Right because 1526 onward (which were built in 2000) are not still in the NICE fleet. Check again.

what do you mean by check again? 1500 is a 1997-98 Cummins L10G unit those are retired since last year

Before you starting acting like you're smart, try thinking.

Note he said a 1500, not referring to the bus 1500 itself but the 1500 series of Orion V CNGs, which it has been noted many are still active...

Thank you.

Heres what the new 3Gs might look like

Option 1 Current MTA 3G specs

OrionVII3Gniceoption1.png

Option 2 the NG Specs

OrionVII3Gniceoption2.png

The "long" back door has been discontinued by Orion. The standard is now "even" doors. The only option I can see NICE taking is maybe Frameless windows. Thats about it.

Archived