Nassau Inter-County Express Bus Repaint/wrapped Roster

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can we please not have this discussion again! Its going off topic and there is another thread for that topic about bus ownership.

I know right, when I saw his post I was like 'here we go again'. With one post dedicated to that topic and the other one were it came up, I can't believe someone would bring it up in this one (though not totally surprised)

I say let the question over ownership of 1760-1839 go, nothing good has come of it. The only thing that topic has done is bring nothing but trouble.

While not trying to get back on this topic, I do have a question tat spawns off it.

Jack Khzouz has said the buses and properties are owned by Nassau County. He has been very informative to all of us here so I think he would need to lie or mislead anyone,IO also don't believe he would be mistaken about a subject this big, or at least find out before answering. Maybe someone can email him and ask specifically. truthfully I don't care anymore I thought I was helping when I emailed him and emailed me back a clear answer.

Nassau Owned Bus, so they can paint it instead of wrapping it. MTA owns the 1800's and IIRC 1769-1799 as well, so painting em' won't please the MTA.

Anyway, for the sake of argument let's say the (MTA) owns them... Is it assumed they are to be used the rest life in Nassau County? If so what's the problem with painting them?

Nassau Owned Bus, so they can paint it instead of wrapping it. MTA owns the 1800's and IIRC 1769-1799 as well, so painting em' won't please the MTA.

I don't think Veolia cares about pleasing the MTA, I think that ship has sailed when Veolia took over the contract. LOL:cool:

Edited by Burrstone

Anyway, for the sake of argument let's say the (MTA) owns them... Is it assumed they are to be used the rest life in Nassau County? If so what's the problem with painting them?

I don't think its assumed, but the (MTA) doesn't want them. They weren't cared for as well as they should have been under Long Island Bus and because of that, their lives were probably shortened greatly. The (MTA) knows that because Long Island Bus was looked down upon the last couple of years as things fell apart. Thats why some 1700s have problems now. Breakdowns are bound to happen with them and the (MTA) doesn't want that in the city, so they loan them to the county who is desperate and stupid. However, just in case, the buses that if and are owned by the (MTA) and rented to the county, will be wrapped last probably.