Nassau Inter-County Express Bus Repaint/wrapped Roster

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I think I saw the person who recorded that vid take pictures of a bus in Bay 1.  I have no idea why, but he disappeared after he took the picture.  Security was talking to bus operators and the dispatcher on the other side of the terminal, so they never saw him.

Yet every time I try to record videos in Hempstead Terminal, security acts like a bitch to me.

I think I saw the person who recorded that vid take pictures of a bus in Bay 1.  I have no idea why, but he disappeared after he took the picture.  Security was talking to bus operators and the dispatcher on the other side of the terminal, so they never saw him.

Yet every time I try to record videos in Hempstead Terminal, security acts like a bitch to me.

Brett, obviously you need to work on your ninja disapearing skills like the one who made the video.

BTW, isn't Hemstead Transit Center considered public property?  You should have the right to take pictures, maybe you could go to legal aid and ask if an attorney would mind drafting you a letter you (and other fanners) could carry around basically saying to who it concerns, blah blah blah is considered public property becuase of abc xyz, and the general public have the right to take pictires there because of abc xyz laws...  You could carry a copy of the note...  If security gives you a hard time, ask for his/her name if they give you hard time ask for a supervisor to come over, the supervisor will prob know a lot more of the law and be afraid of walking on someones rights, especially if they have a letter from an attorney.

You never know, you could find a "bus lover" who will write you the note...  I once knew a lawyer who drove a school bus (had subs fill in when he HAD to be in court) not becuase he needed the money but because he loved driving a school bus (loved both buses and kids he was an older guy).

BTW, isn't Hemstead Transit Center considered public property?  You should have the right to take pictures, maybe you could go to legal aid and ask if an attorney would mind drafting you a letter you (and other fanners) could carry around basically saying to who it concerns, blah blah blah is considered public property becuase of abc xyz, and the general public have the right to take pictires there because of abc xyz laws...  You could carry a copy of the note...  If security gives you a hard time, ask for his/her name if they give you hard time ask for a supervisor to come over, the supervisor will prob know a lot more of the law and be afraid of walking on someones rights, especially if they have a letter from an attorney.

You never know, you could find a "bus lover" who will write you the note...  I once knew a lawyer who drove a school bus (had subs fill in when he HAD to be in court) not becuase he needed the money but because he loved driving a school bus (loved both buses and kids he was an older guy).

I think Hempstead Terminal is (MTA) property but they allow NICE to use it. However, the (MTA) hires Summit Security services to watch the place and they're complete a**holes to photographers.

This is just an idea that popped into my head, I know others said Roosevelt Field is very unfriendly to bus riders...  I know that there is alot of unused space at NCC, maybe NICE and the County could explore a partnership to build a new bus terminal there, replacing the Malls terminal?  Seems like it could work and I'm sure they could get funding for it, the streets are already there becuase of the former military base...  They could even just buy new bus shelters and place them along a couple of the streets, wolla new bus terminal on NCC property, almost across the street from MF!  This would also eliminate the delays many say they expereince during the holidays.

This is just an idea that popped into my head, I know others said Roosevelt Field is very unfriendly to bus riders...  I know that there is alot of unused space at NCC, maybe NICE and the County could explore a partnership to build a new bus terminal there, replacing the Malls terminal?  Seems like it could work and I'm sure they could get funding for it, the streets are already there becuase of the former military base...  They could even just buy new bus shelters and place them along a couple of the streets, wolla new bus terminal on NCC property, almost across the street from MF!  This would also eliminate the delays many say they expereince during the holidays.

I don't know about that. Roosevelt Field is a very convenient terminal for riders, and its actually the reason I first rode Long Island Bus. The connection to shopping, to food, and the connection to other routes is a great reason to take the bus to the mall. However, a rebuilding of the terminal at the mall would not be a bad idea. I know of some ideas to rebuild the terminal there and add some better shelters as well as maybe a waiting room or bathrooms. However, I doubt anyone would pay for it.

I wonder how many riders connect there and how many go for shopping? I'm not saying eliminate ALL bues from stopping at the mall just relocating the bus terminal to NCC....

Yeah, I understand what you're saying. But the RF terminal has worked for years and NCC would have to do a lot of renovation to fit a bus terminal.

Interesting that it's mostly the shitty ass 1700s that are the bulk of unpainted buses. I guess not even NICE likes those things. I wish they had the $$ to overhaul 'em, new suspensions and replacements for those godawful seats.

I'd rather drive a 1700 than a V any day if I drove for NICE.

Interesting that it's mostly the shitty ass 1700s that are the bulk of unpainted buses. I guess not even NICE likes those things. I wish they had the $$ to overhaul 'em, new suspensions and replacements for those godawful seats.

If NICE was on better terms with the MTA, perhaps they could purchase used seats from MTA's retiring fleet. 

Hell, maybe they could get them free.

If NICE was on better terms with the MTA, perhaps they could purchase used seats from MTA's retiring fleet. 

Hell, maybe they could get them free.

NICE does have a good working relationship with the MTA that has been stated by many people on this forum and has been reported on in news sources like Newsday around the time of the takeover.

I think PP is referring to the fact that many complain that the seats are uncormfortable on the 1700's, the cost would be huge to replace all of the seats on 90+ buses (the money could be better spent elsewhere).

Are you certain the bus seats from the retired MTA buses would fit in nice 1700 buses?

If that were true and Veolia was on such bad terms with the MTA why would that stop them from doing anything?  If tihs was a project Veolia wanted to do and the MTA wouldn't play ball why couldn't NICE buy seats from any fleet it manages that uses Orion buses?

PP, I have been thinking about this recently.  Do you think it's a coincidence the shitty 1700's have not been painted or wrapped?  ...and now we hear plans for 200+ new buses?  I'm hoping this means the shittier 1700's get overhauled when the 200+ new buses start to roll in!  Somebody should ask about this at a meeting...

I'd rather drive a 1700 than a V any day if I drove for NICE.

You can't really say which you'd prefer until you actually drive them, you might think one looks better but prefer to drive another.  Besides they might have some nice new toys by the time you drive for them. :)

You can't really say which you'd prefer until you actually drive them, you might think one looks better but prefer to drive another.  Besides they might have some nice new toys by the time you drive for them. :)

Alright, I love new toys!

Damm theres still so many more buses that need to be wrapped/painted. 

Still curious to why 1833 is the only 18xx that still hasn't been repainted. 

besides 1808 that we know had the accident so its been out of service. 

I'm gonna guess that the reason 1808 is still not returned but is out of the (MTA) 's hands is because it is being painted.

Edited by Brett

Still curious to why 1833 is the only 18xx that still hasn't been repainted.

Very interesting.

I'm gonna guess that the reason 1808 is still not returned but is out of the (MTA) 's hands is because it is being painted.

Also very intersting.  Where is it being painted, how did you find this out?

Where are all the nice buses being painted?  At MF or did they contract a paint shop?