Nassau Inter-County Express Bus Repaint/wrapped Roster

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know right, when I saw his post I was like 'here we go again'. With one post dedicated to that topic and the other one were it came up, I can't believe someone would bring it up in this one (though not totally surprised)

I say let the question over ownership of 1760-1839 go, nothing good has come of it. The only thing that topic has done is bring nothing but trouble.

While I'm at it, it seems as though the '04 Orion V CNGs have all been reprogrammed. Saw 1689 today with NICE BUS on the destination sign and another bus with a larger font N6 Jamaica 165 St Term reading.

N16 says hempstead transit center, n49 says hempstead bus terminal that's strange.

Well, according to my sources, [and unnamed Orion and (MTA) reps], 1760-1839 is paid for by Tiger Grants to (MTA)'s Long Island Bus Operations, thus the bus are owned by the (MTA) and stored in the (MTA) owned Mitchel Field Bus Depot.

Well, still, they are owned by the (MTA), painting the busses is like a person painting a car on lease from the car dealership. So Nassau and Veolia has to [probably] pay the damages and/or buy the busses and Mitchel Field Depot from the (MTA). This is why if you look closely, the (MTA) Long Island Bus and Bus Depot Stickers are fully intact but covered up on the 1800-1839, and maybe 1760-1799.

As again mentioned above, it's like damaging another party's property. Also, the (MTA) might just say screw it and take the busses away from Nassau County.

This is why 1760 thru 1839 is wrapped instead of painted, and that is why 1700-1759 is painted.

Right, and according to other sources since the grants were used to buy buses to be used in Nassau County, as far as the government is concerned these buses are to be used in Nassau County. SO, if the buses are assumed to be used in the Nassau County throughout their lifetime, what's the problem with painting them? If I leased a white bus, I'd have every right to paint it as long as I returned it it's original white color when I turned the bus back back in to the owner. If these buses are assumed to be used in Nassau County for their lifetime, Nassau/Veolia would never have to restore the bus to it's orginal condition, because the bus would stay where it is for the remainder of it's lifetime. No?

the (MTA) might just say screw it and take the busses away from Nassau County.

Really?

Beside the fact these buses were bought with the funds knowing the buses were to be used in Nassau County...

If Veolia entered into contract to lease these buses to Veolia (or Nassau County, whatever the aragement is) how could the (MTA) just say screw it, and take back the buses unless Nassau/Veolia violated part of the contract?

Well, it's the (MTA)'s busses, so they can take them back anytime, even though it should be used in Nassau County, however since the (MTA) is no longer operating Long Island Bus, the (MTA) has the right and room to take the busses as their own.

I'm pretty sure if they were paid by a grant from the Government that says that they can only be used in Nassau then the MTA can't take them back when ever they want, unless the MTA has the money to pay back the government.

I'm pretty sure if they were paid by a grant from the Government that says that they can only be used in Nassau then the MTA can't take them back when ever they want, unless the MTA has the money to pay back the government.

Exactly, the funds were for buses to be used in Nassau County, not for the (MTA) to use in Long Island. BIG difference. Funding was given for buses to be used in Nassau County, not to expand the (MTA) fleet.

I was gonna quote these posts and post them in the "bus ownership" thread but I'm outa town for a few days, didn't bring my laptop so I only have my phone. ;) Maybe a mod will move all of these posts into another thread.

Well, it's the (MTA)'s busses, so they can take them back anytime, even though it should be used in Nassau County, however since the (MTA) is no longer operating Long Island Bus, the (MTA) has the right and room to take the busses as their own.

Also, painting could be permanent and against the said lease contract on the (MTA) Busses, being Orion VII #1760-1839, so the (MTA) could instantly just take them back or charge Nassau/Veolia to buy the busses from them.

If Veolia hasn't violated any terms of the lease how in the world do you think the (MTA) can just take back the buses on a whim?

Also I know some people have been told by reliable people with the (MTA) about the lease? Can you provide more details? I posted the email Veolia sent me about Nassau owning the buses/property...

As again, I've said it over and over again, I don't want this to be turned into KSR vs BST & MAC, a Long Island VG8 vs CMC episode... People complained, I listened, and read my previous posts, your answers should be all in them...

If you read my post you would have seen I said I'm not at home and only have my phone to respond. I woulda quoted these and posted them in the other thread but that would take a lot of time on my phone that I don't really have. Like I said, I hope will move all of the off topic posts.

...and as far as you answering my questions, you still haven't answered how if their is a lease how the (MTA) could take the buses back on a whim if Veolia didn't break any of the terms of the lease? Also, you haven't posted any proof of how the buses are (MTA) owned, I posted the email, Kack (I forget his last. and off hand) sent me saying the buses are owned by the county.

Thanks