Abandoned/Unused Entrances and Passageways

vanshnookenraggen

Essex has an old exit next to the tower in the trolley terminal area. This can be seen from the station. I've gone up the old stairs to the street, which is now a trap door.

There also used to be some sort of stairway from the eastern end of the middle platform. They sealed it off, and then built a trash room in front of it, but you can see the underside of the stairs behind it, on the bridge approach.

Bway-Laf also has some old exit on the SW corner.

Also Delancy on the F line - north bound front/ Brooklyn bound rear. There are stairs .

52nd st before that building was made was our hangout spot. Good memories

Then transit closed part of it up it got all dirty. .

S/F,

CEYA!

And Kings Hwy (B Q) used to have 3 ingress/egress points: Quention/E 16, Kings Hwy South, Kings Hwy North. Is the northside still open and in service?

And whilst I'm at it, the Brighton Line had 'rush hour only exits' that led directly to the street and were usually staffed by a transit worker. If I remember correctly, Ave U, Ave M & Ave J.

There's a closed underpass on 175 Street and Morris Avenue (B)(D). The 182-183 Streets Station used to have exits/entrances at 183 Street and Grand Concourse but I think the TA closed it due to security reasons, though I am not sure.

There is SOMETHING on the Westbound platform at 1st Ave on the (L). When you get into the platform, on he right, there is tiling that curves in, as if a door was there, then more recent tiling right behind the curved tiles.

• 6 years later...

Archived