Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
mark1447

Charlie Pellett doing the (Q) to Whitehall Announcement?

So... how old is this Announcement? Filmed it yesterday, and it's kinda odd not hearing a women saying "THIS IS A WHITEHALL STREET BOUND (Q) TRAIN..." instead its a male.

Clipped:

I didn't know that either. I certainly did took a (Q) via Whitehall on Thursday and Charlie started saying "This is a Queens bound Q train via the R line" only when it arrived at Whitehall Street through City Hall.

Is Charlie saying it at every stop from Stillwell? Because technically the usual announcement could work as it is going into "Manhattan".

Is Charlie saying it at every stop from Stillwell? Because technically the usual announcement could work as it is going into "Manhattan".

nah he only says that at Court street . All the other stops its Catherine doing the regular (Q) announcement to Manhattan. Must be an updated announcement as before it announced "This is a Manhattan bound (Q) local train - The next and last stop is Whitehall Street"

nah he only says that at Court street . All the other stops its Catherine doing the regular (Q) announcement to Manhattan. Must be an updated announcement as before it announced "This is a Manhattan bound (Q) local train - The next and last stop is Whitehall Street"

You sure he doesn't say it between Court and Rector or something? Because I heard him say the announcements at Whitehall Street.

After DeKalb he would say Via the (R) Line.

So... how old is this Announcement? Filmed it yesterday, and it's kinda odd not hearing a women saying "THIS IS A WHITEHALL STREET BOUND (Q) TRAIN..." instead its a male.

Clipped:

DAMMNNN!!!!! Maybe he is. he sounds better. maybe the T/O twisted it around

DAMMNNN!!!!! Maybe he is. he sounds better. maybe the T/O twisted it around

I dont think the T/O or C/R can twist announcements.

it's possible

No. It would have to be mixed thru a computer and then installed to the train. Just like how the (M) announcements via 6th Avenue were made.

But someone who knows all this can answer it.

No. It would have to be mixed thru a computer and then installed to the train. Just like how the (M) announcements via 6th Avenue were made.

But someone who knows all this can answer it.

i dont know.:)

no it's not. the way the system is programed, the only way to change who says what is to upload a new program and erase the old one. When the june 2010 changes went into effect, the R160s had thier announcment systems shut down till they could be patched.

there's the answer!!!:)

Went out and got the announcements myself , Enjoy :

Also put in the other charlie pellet announcements of the Q via the R [Recorded by Arome from bvestation]