R32/R40/R42 Roll Signs

carpenoctem212

I see that the MTA is selling R32/R40/R42 roll signs online (showing B, M, F, E routes): http://www.mta.info/nyct/materiel/collectsales/pdfs/mc08331.pdf

Hypothetically speaking, if one were to open the covers and unroll the signs, does anyone know what the rolls in the R32/R40/R42 configurations would actually look like, in terms of routes, destinations, orientation of destination name lettering (all one way, some upside down?), etc.?

Thanks very much!

more than $300 dollars:confused:? it would take 6 months for me to save that money just to see an (B)(E)(F)(Mx) hanging in your room? i would only get that if i run a bussiness to entertain people.B):tup:.... or if i were rich:cool::tup:rich-people-demotivational-poster-1253583322.jpg&w=640&h=553&ei=_tlLT6rwF8PY0QGUsf2JDg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=736&vpy=206&dur=391&hovh=209&hovw=242&tx=178&ty=125&sig=109186416048888059518&page=1&tbnh=116&tbnw=124&start=0&ndsp=19&ved=1t:429,r:12,s:0

All the $425 signs are sold out, they are now $300. And they have a lot more on them.

I see that the MTA is selling R32/R40/R42 roll signs online (showing B, M, F, E routes): http://www.mta.info/nyct/materiel/collectsales/pdfs/mc08331.pdf

Hypothetically speaking, if one were to open the covers and unroll the signs, does anyone know what the rolls in the R32/R40/R42 configurations would actually look like, in terms of routes, destinations, orientation of destination name lettering (all one way, some upside down?), etc.?

Thanks very much!

it goes one right side up, then one upside down, so it displays the same thing on both sides. Theres a few different styles for the R40/R42 signs. The older one has (JFK) and <R> but lacks (W) and the newer one has (W) and <Q> but lacks the JFK Express and hte Brown R route. The R32 sign has all the readouts, but theres a few variations in the way things are written, some say next to the (JFK) JFK \n Express and others say Train to the \n Plane, and with the (Z) some its just (Z) others it says (Z) Jamaica \n Nassau St

\n - new line on the readout

Thanks very much!

Take a look on Ebay under rollsigns in the collectibles category. Sometimes, all the reading are posted by the seller OR multiple photos of the roll sign are displayed so you can see all the readings.

Take a look on Ebay under rollsigns in the collectibles category. Sometimes, all the reading are posted by the seller OR multiple photos of the roll sign are displayed so you can see all the readings.

One guy who sells on Ebay is selling "portions" of roll-signs for about $1000.00Be warned.

The MTA deal is a lot better.

Archived