Bee Line: Banks street near Rockville Centre LIRR station

But where were the others:

Schenck:

Utility:

Hempstead Bus

Rockville Centre

Any other company I forgot.

Thanks

Sorry be exact but 109 doesn't go to bethpage only farmingdale.

I know where some of them were:

Stage Coach: Somewhere on Rt 109 between Bethpage and Bablyon

Jerusalem Avenue: Jerusalem Avenue near Merrick Avenue

Mid-Island: 229 Main Street, Westbury

Schenck:

Utility:

Hempstead Bus

Rockville Centre

Thanks

Utility's yard in Patchouge was on Waverly Ave some where before Sunrise Hwy.

Schenck's garage used to be at 372 Jericho Turnpike in Floral Park, across from the Floral Park Inn. The property was leveled years ago and is now a CVS and a few other retail spaces. Schenck used to also have a satellite garage in Garden City Park (about 3 miles east on Jericho) behind a Chevy(?) dealer, we used to have school buses and an occasional strip or mothballed bus there too.

Hope that helps.

I know where some of them were:

Stage Coach: Somewhere on Rt 109 between Bethpage and Bablyon

Jerusalem Avenue: Jerusalem Avenue near Merrick Avenue

Mid-Island: 229 Main Street, Westbury

Schenck:

Utility:

Hempstead Bus

Rockville Centre

Thanks

Hendrickson Bus-Bayville Ave,Bayville.

Patchogue is a long deadhead trip to Bablyon. Did Utility operate routes in Suffolk more convenient to the Patchogue garage?

It's main route was from Patchogue to Freeport(present S40 to Babylon & N19-Babylon to Freeport). It also had a Patchogue to Lake Grove via Ronkonkoma route & E. Islip to Central Islip route. Does anyone know of others?

It was on e/b side of 109 @ E. Carmans Rd in Farmingdale-just west of 110.

I never understood why their depot was so far away from their routes. The main trunk of their Hempstead Turnpike line was between Hempstead and Levittown. Some of the buses went down Silver Lane to Old Jerusalem Avenue to Wantagh Avenue back to Hempstead Turnpike, returning to Hempstead.

Also, it's a long deadhead to Hicksville or Wantagh for the N73.

I never understood why their depot was so far away from their routes. The main trunk of their Hempstead Turnpike line was between Hempstead and Whereby. Some of the buses went down Silver Lane to Old Jerusalem Avenue to Wantagh Avenue back to Hempstead Turnpike, returning to Hempstead.

Some probably started at division and hempstead turnpike

Doesn't it cut the distance of deadheading from farmingdale. Ik nothing about the private companys before the mta im taking an educated guess.

The question is why was Stage Coach's depot in Farmingdale when most of their business was on Hempstead Turnpike. The first trip on NICE's N73 has nothing to do with the Stage Coach question.:)

It's main route was from Patchogue to Freeport(present S40 to Babylon & N19-Babylon to Freeport). It also had a Patchogue to Lake Grove via Ronkonkoma route & E. Islip to Central Islip route. Does anyone know of others?

I thought the Patchouge Via Ronkonkoma route went to Selden not Lake Grove, or maybe Selden was a stop.

Anyway I believe those are the only routes they had in Suffolk, or at least those are the only three I've heard about.

The question is why was Stage Coach's depot in Farmingdale when most of their business was on Hempstead Turnpike. The first trip on NICE's N73 has nothing to do with the Stage Coach question.:)

Yes and what I'm saying is they probably started their first runs for each driver each time at Division ave and Hempstead turnpike which would make sense coming from 109 instead of deadheading to Hicksville or Wantagh.

Yes and what I'm saying is they probably started their first runs for each driver each time at Division ave and Hempstead turnpike which would make sense coming from 109 instead of deadheading to Hicksville or Wantagh.

Absolutely irrelevant to the discussion.:(

The discussion is why was Stage Coach's depot so far from their service area. A lot of the trips started in Wantagh and Hicksville.

I never understood why their depot was so far away from their routes. The main trunk of their Hempstead Turnpike line was between Hempstead and Levittown. Some of the buses went down Silver Lane to Old Jerusalem Avenue to Wantagh Avenue back to Hempstead Turnpike, returning to Hempstead.

That's Center Lane-not Silver Lane. Route also alternated down Gardiners to Old Jerusalem to Wantagh Ave.

I thought the Patchouge Via Ronkonkoma route went to Selden not Lake Grove, or maybe Selden was a stop.

Anyway I believe those are the only routes they had in Suffolk, or at least those are the only three I've heard about.

THat's correct-via Selden to Lake Grove(pre-Smithhaven Mall).

Archived