Breaking News: MTS in negotiations for 2000 buses!

East New York

Update. The pilot bus for this order will not feature the new front end, as the customer is ready to proceed now. It appears as if the new feont wnd will be introduced sometime in the future with this order. The pilot will now be complete within the next month, and it will make a trip,to Golden Gate Tranportation District just prior to being delivered to its new home.

• 1 month later...

Breaking News Update: It was previously reported that the Demo/Pilot bus would make a trip to Golden Gate, then head to its potential owner as a demo, and upon acceptance would become a pilot. Well guess what.... The unidentified customer has approved the bus and it hasn't even been delivered yet! So the bus is officially sold now, and has become the pilot! As soon as information on this customer is released, I will be sure to post it!

MTS has now officially sold it's first bus since exit from bankruptcy! Congrats to all who REFUSE to let this Legend die!

So, when do we get to hear who this super-secret customer is? B-)

That is a question to which no one except the CEO of Millennium knows at this time.

A combined MUNI and AC Transit order?!?!?

No. MTS has however had a few discussions with AC, as they were the first to take delivery of RTS-01 models that never saw service, and were sold off because they were not ADA accessable. If AC should happen to order some new RTS buses, history would be made!

Breaking News Update: It was previously reported that the Demo/Pilot bus would make a trip to Golden Gate, then head to its potential owner as a demo, and upon acceptance would become a pilot. Well guess what.... The unidentified customer has approved the bus and it hasn't even been delivered yet! So the bus is officially sold now, and has become the pilot! As soon as information on this customer is released, I will be sure to post it!

MTS has now officially sold it's first bus since exit from bankruptcy! Congrats to all who REFUSE to let this Legend die!

That is a question to which no one except the CEO of Millennium knows at this time.

No. MTS has however had a few discussions with AC, as they were the first to take delivery of RTS-01 models that never saw service, and were sold off because they were not ADA accessable. If AC should happen to order some new RTS buses, history would be made!

Great news! I'd love to see more RTS in California. Regarding AC, they broke their streak of Van Hools and recently opted for an order of Gilligs. So it would seem that anything is possible at the moment. Would love to see RTS's replace the NABI's.

Great news! I'd love to see more RTS in California. Regarding AC, they broke their streak of Van Hools and recently opted for an order of Gilligs. So it would seem that anything is possible at the moment. Would love to see RTS's replace the NABI's.

Right. AC has always done their own thing. I've always loved tracking their operations. Those Gilligs should hold up for them pretty well. They are much better buses than they used to be, and California street are not as harsh as east coast and midwest streets.

• 4 weeks later...

It's damn sure not for SEPTA or NJT, and I seriously doubt this is for the (MTA); even though it would be nice. I also cant think of any agency that would readily order 2,000 high floor buses so whoever this mystery buyer is its a very unique very RTS oriented agency.

Who was the TA with that 2000 bus order?

READ:

Someone should've put a tracking device on that bus when it was with Golden State. SMH! LOL

LMFAO! It was never in passenger service.

Anyhow, my sepeculation is that the order will likely go to Puerto Rico AMA. However I could be wrong.

Please note that I am speculating only. This should avoid any misunderstandings.

• 2 weeks later...

There is really no point in speculating guys because you will never guess who it is, and I can't tell you anymore information than that. For some reason this is being held very close. You all are just going to have to wait.

Is there a date when this will be released?

• 2 weeks later...

I am not at liberty to speak on any of that at this time. However, I do know for a fact nothing really depends on this order, which is in the bag from what I was told. The one to watch is the current CTA procurement. Not this one.

No details for this will be available until MTS makes a statement.

Whats going on with CTA?

i thought the guys on the CTA forum very pretty solid in their opinion that CTA wouldn't consider MTS

You have to take in consideration (because I'm on there too) that MTA's standards are different than CTA (hell, CTA passed their budgets late, compared to Metra and Pace). At the same time, I don't think CTA disclosed who the bidders are/were. Who knows? We'll have to wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Whats going on with CTA?

i thought the guys on the CTA forum very pretty solid in their opinion that CTA wouldn't consider MTS

It was a toss up from the beginning as I said. MTS has to be 100% sure of everything they do, and bidding on a CTA contract is a major task. I can however say that they guys that are there are busting their butts to make sure they make the right decisions.

I can say with confidence that they did bid on the CTA contract, and the world is waiting.

You have to take in consideration (because I'm on there too) that MTA's standards are different than CTA (hell, CTA passed their budgets late, compared to Metra and Pace). At the same time, I don't think CTA disclosed who the bidders are/were. Who knows? We'll have to wait.

I understand what you are saying about standards, however, the landscape changed slightly when Orion exited the market. This propelled Nova to a new level, and put the other players in great positions as well.

With Nova and New Flyer now the only qualified bidders at agencies like MTA and CTA, they are both looking to other options. MTA is willing to accept the RTS after the shaker, and CTA is willing to accept a bid for the RTS because structurally, the bus has technically been proven on their streets with the 4400 series RTS-08, which was launched by CTA. This was a new RTS that had not seen service elsewhere, and was the first generation of the wide front door.

Now only time will tell if history will (sort of) repeat itself when CTA announces the winner(s).

Archived