Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
CDTA

Possible Rockaway Park/Point service improvements.

The first and main thing I would like to propose is, what if the (C) were extended down to Rockaway Park and replace the (S)? The (S) would still run during late nights. This might also render the <A> moot, but this really would depend on ridership of the <A> while the (C) goes to Rockaway Park.

In addition, I would like to propose a single track select trains, or all trains and the addition of another track if ridership allows it, during the summer, an extension to Jacob Riis park. In this scenario the (S) would not go to Jacob Riis at night, unless ridership allows it, and in addition if the <A> was still running it would not go to Jacob Riis either. And possibly on this extension, stops could be added in between, which would result in full time service. In this situation the (S) would go to Jacob Riis during nights and the <A> would go there aswell. Also maybe in this situation a yard at Jacob Riis would be added.

And finnaly, piggybacking after the extension proposed above, it would be extended to Rockaway Point in addition, would result in full time service, and <A> service, assuming the (C) is not running.

And maybe if that isn't implemented at least an express bus or regular bus to Rockaway Point.

The first and main thing I would like to propose is, what if the (C) were extended down to Rockaway Park and replace the (S)? The (S) would still run during late nights. This might also render the <A> moot, but this really would depend on ridership of the <A> while the (C) goes to Rockaway Park.

In addition, I would like to propose a single track select trains, or all trains and the addition of another track if ridership allows it, during the summer, an extension to Jacob Riis park. In this scenario the (S) would not go to Jacob Riis at night, unless ridership allows it, and in addition if the <A> was still running it would not go to Jacob Riis either. And possibly on this extension, stops could be added in between, which would result in full time service. In this situation the (S) would go to Jacob Riis during nights and the <A> would go there aswell. Also maybe in this situation a yard at Jacob Riis would be added.

And finnaly, piggybacking after the extension proposed above, it would be extended to Rockaway Point in addition, would result in full time service, and <A> service, assuming the (C) is not running.

And maybe if that isn't implemented at least an express bus or regular bus to Rockaway Point.

Your idea isn't bad, but the residents of Rockaway Park will come at you with machine guns, knives, and pitchforks if you did that, because they don't want local service like the (C). That is why the (A) always stayed the way it is now.

Your idea isn't bad, but the residents of Rockaway Park will come at you with machine guns, knives, and pitchforks if you did that, because they don't want local service like the (C). That is why the (A) always stayed the way it is now.

Well then the <A> would continue to run in addition to the (C).

No way in hell would they extend anything past Beach 116th. That area is nice be ause they keep the riff raff out.

No, it's still pretty bad. It is marginally better than extending the (C) to Lefferts because at least here, you're not taking away a one-seat express ride and shafting them with a local.

But the thing is, no one that far away is going to use their one-seat local ride to Manhattan. They'd still just use the C like a shuttle to the A, so they could not only pass the C they just got off of, but most likely the one in front of it too.

No, it's still pretty bad. It is marginally better than extending the (C) to Lefferts because at least here, you're not taking away a one-seat express ride and shafting them with a local.

But the thing is, no one that far away is going to use their one-seat local ride to Manhattan. They'd still just use the C like a shuttle to the A, so they could not only pass the C they just got off of, but most likely the one in front of it too.

What's wrong with having Lefferts riders using the (C) as a shuttle? It doesn't make the MTA lose revenue or increase their costs...just schedule them so that one only has to wait a couple of minutes at most during the peak of the peak.

If you had a one seat express to Manhattan and saw it replaced with a local, would you be happy with that? At a compromise, I can maybe see the (C) sent to Lefferts for Middays and weekends only. But if this was an 18/7 thing, I would hope Lefferts riders raise hell in losing (A) service for rush hours, especially if there are still those 5 rush hour (A)s to Rockaway Park.

Directed to "everyone":

Honestly how many times must this 'send the (C) to Lefferts' talk be brought up? I swear it is as bad as the express bus talk here.

Directed to "everyone":

Honestly how many times must this 'send the (C) to Lefferts' talk be brought up? I swear it is as bad as the express bus talk here.

Here's a better idea: let's send the (E) to Lefferts Blvd! It's an excellent idea because they'll have a 1 seat ride to Queens Blvd!!!

Jokes aside, assigning the Lefferts Blvd branch another letter would make more sense (notably, the K), although it's not likely to happen. Sadly, these people don't realize that sending the (C) to Lefferts Blvd means empty cars between Euclid Ave and Rockaway Blvd.

To sum up this thread I am going to reply with an old post from another thread.

Alright for everyone here. If you have an interest in the NYC Subway System or anything else take architecture classes like I am, or take engineering classes. Learn how building and engineering things work, learn why some of your ideas are impossible, learn about what is feasible and what isn't feasible (Wallyhorse). Maybe then you will learn and stop spewing bad ideas. I am taking architecture classes and I am learning what works and what doesn't work. That is why you don't see me building or designing things that would be impossible. It might look nice on a map, but it isn't going to happen until you learn about what works and what does not. So you can cease now, and this is directed to everyone.