Bus painted all white on back

B41

The list below is a list of Staten Island Buses painted all white on back.

If anyone has changes, please add them here.

Orion 5.501: 467,6008,6023,6033,6055-6057,6134,6180-6182,6184,6191,6199,6201,6212-6214,6220-6222,6227,6236,6298,6317,6320,6336,6347

Novabus RTS-06: 9383-9384,9390-9393,9396,9398,9400-9401,9403,9406,9410,9414-9415,9418,9420,9422,9428

Staten Island only? Why not the other boroughs?

Anyway if you want to add buses from all boroughs, I'll tell you 467 goes on the list and I'll be on the lookout for others.

The white backed POS on 6 wheels. Steering wheel doesn't telescope, power right mirrors don't work, seat doesn't go back far enough. That is why I laugh when KB Level II a bus. All it means is white back and fresh paint. Everything else goes out the window. They should redo one of your favorite Orion V (472), and white back/Level II it. At least that old workhorse is worth Level II-ing.

The white backed POS on 6 wheels. Steering wheel doesn't telescope, power right mirrors don't work, seat doesn't go back far enough. That is why I laugh when KB Level II a bus. All it means is white back and fresh paint. Everything else goes out the window. They should redo one of your favorite Orion V (472), and white back/Level II it. At least that old workhorse is worth Level II-ing.

I hope the Level IIs are not as bogus when they do it on a newer vehicle such as a 6xxx or an Artic. I've already seen 5687 which claims to be Level II but has scratchitti in the back window. I hope not all of em are like that. 6xxx seem to be pretty good when given the Level II however so there is hope. 472 is a good bus that definitely could go for the Level II. It's like all they would have to do is fix the black smoke.

Another waste of money!

The back of buses being painted white is actually saving the MTA money because black paint costs more than white paint. I hate that the backs are being painted white now, on some buses it looks alright, and some others it don't.

Black last longer than white paint but oh well, its the MTA.

The back of buses being painted white is actually saving the MTA money because black paint costs more than white paint. I hate that the backs are being painted white now, on some buses it looks alright, and some others it don't.

Black last longer than white paint but oh well, its the MTA.

Oh... He's talking about whitebacking being a waste of money????

The back of buses being painted white is actually saving the MTA money because black paint costs more than white paint.

The way this is going, I wouldn't be surprised if the (MTA) adopts an all white livery... no stripe, nothing.

The way this is going, I wouldn't be surprised if the (MTA) adopts an all white livery... no stripe, nothing.

I wouldn't be surprised either.

I was told a while back that buses aren't getting the blue stripe on the back because its to save money.

C'mon MTA!

Archived