B46 +SelectBusService+

East New York

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jews strike again huh... Smhlol.....

I'm more surprised that a rumor of the sort wasn't brought up sooner..... It's a different dynamic, but remember how the Jews played a hand in getting that Av L "station" on the B44 SBS.....

To be fair, they couldn't have had anything to do with the Gates Avenue stop, which was added at the same time.

The only possible place I could think of where the Williamsburg Jews would be trying to get to via the B46 +SBS+ would be the Jewish part of Crown Heights, and even then, the B44 would likely be quicker and more convenient (since it passes through more of Williamsburg)

Is there some kind of private line connecting Williamsburg to Crown Heights? I know the B110 is Borough Park-Williamsburg, and then there used to be an infrequent private line connecting Crown Heights to Borough Park.

To be fair, they couldn't have had anything to do with the Gates Avenue stop, which was added at the same time.

The only possible place I could think of where the Williamsburg Jews would be trying to get to via the B46 +SBS+ would be the Jewish part of Crown Heights, and even then, the B44 would likely be quicker and more convenient (since it passes through more of Williamsburg)

Is there some kind of private line connecting Williamsburg to Crown Heights? I know the B110 is Borough Park-Williamsburg, and then there used to be an infrequent private line connecting Crown Heights to Borough Park.

Incorrect on that one. The Jewish part of the SBS46+ commences from Empire to Eastern Parkway. The Jews in Williamsburg have no business demanding 46SBS service. Bad enough hence the B44SBS and they demanded some stops. Too bad they didn't demand Myrtle Avenue as an SBS stop, but Avenue L gets added.

As of right now SBS is for 7/3. I don't see (MTA) trying to extend service to WBP at this point.

Off topic for a sec: FB is losing 53xx buses like flies. 4 buses and possibly counting have left for CS. Spotted 5331 and 5337 so far. Honestly, CS uses more XD's for their SBS service than their artics. Just hoping this FB/CS moves are temporarily.

Incorrect on that one. The Jewish part of the SBS46+ commences from Empire to Eastern Parkway. The Jews in Williamsburg have no business demanding 46SBS service. Bad enough hence the B44SBS and they demanded some stops. Too bad they didn't demand Myrtle Avenue as an SBS stop, but Avenue L gets added.

As of right now SBS is for 7/3. I don't see (MTA) trying to extend service to WBP at this point.

Off topic for a sec: FB is losing 53xx buses like flies. 4 buses and possibly counting have left for CS. Spotted 5331 and 5337 so far. Honestly, CS uses more XD's for their SBS service than their artics. Just hoping this FB/CS moves are temporarily.

I know where the Jewish part is (and really, it's not along the B44 or B46, but rather along the B43). I'm just saying that the only possible reason I could see any of the Williamsburg Jews looking to take the B46 in any non-negligible numbers would be to access the Jewish part of Crown Heights, which can still be accessed much quicker via the B44 if that's what they're looking to do.

I think it's just a rumor. Probably something to do with not having the buses wrapped in time, and somebody thought "Well, the B46 terminates near the Jewish part of Williamsburg, so that was probably the real reason". 

The B46SBS delay has nothing to do with the Jews. The bus is NOT going to the bridge. The original schedule called for the bus service to be up an running for the fall pick, so technically it's still ahead of schedule. All of the MVM's and info screens for next bus arrival aren't up and running yet. The buses not being wrapped is not going to cause a delay like this. They can run unwrapped buses on the line. The signs will all be blue anyway.

As far as Flatbush goes, they still have 36 artics, so they are ok for now. The route has 50 runs, so as long as they keep at least 33 buses they will be able to make full service unless some buses break down. 35 are in service, and 5355 is at Zerega in the shop.

And 5331 is back at Flatbush. It was only a loaner.

Concurrent changes, Checkmate.... If I thought they had something to do w/ the Gates stop, I would have said it....

And to your question, I'm not aware of any private service that connected Crown Heights to Williamsburg.....

Can someone post the the ,# of run on the new b46/46sbs?

Nothing isn't really confirmed on the run#'s. However, it's looking like at 50-55 runs on the SBS for the 46+ other 1/2 for then local. AGAIN, this is just my educated guess. Only the admins would know better than me.

I don't have much more to say about the B46 SBS..... But what I will say is, if the B46SBS ends up going to WBP because of one particular sect of people, that's some ole bullshit right there.....

In either case, I do find it comical however that now all of a sudden, the Jews in Williamsburg got something to say about the B46....

Personally I doubt that that community would be up in arms about the B46 in any fashion, local, LTD, or SBS. I don't recall any uproar when the old Kingston-Tompkins B47 was moved from Bridge Plaza or the old Ralph B40 was cut from WBP.. Changing demographics and what have you in this case. IIRC the Hasidic community in Williamsburgh has a closer affiliation with the Borough Park folks and not the Crown Heights group. Are there really that many people from the Crown Heights sect traveling n/b through Bed-Stuy to Williamsburgh or even to Graham Avenue and Broadway ? My 85 yr old uncle is watching me type this and laughing at this part of the thread. He says that he bets 90% of the posters in this thread think the northern border of Crown Heights is Eastern Parkway. For those who don't know the northern border of Crown Heights is the south side of Atlantic Avenue and always has been. He and my mom always teased my brother and I because we were born in St Johns Hospital while some of my cousins were born in St Mary's and the running joke was who was born "on the right side of the tracks". Bed-Stuy or Crown Heights. Just my opinion. Carry on.

I believe the 46 sbs should go to Williamsburg bridge plaza for many reasons

More service

More train transfers

More ridership

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Also the limited after dekalb is still packed to Williamsburg bridge plaza

That's will be a big loss in service and the local Won't be able to Handle that (my opinion)

I believe the 46 sbs should go to Williamsburg bridge plaza for many reasons

More service

More train transfers

More ridership

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Also the limited after dekalb is still packed to Williamsburg bridge plaza

That's will be a big loss in service and the local Won't be able to Handle that (my opinion)

Do you know how much traffic Broadway carries.

I was once like you when mentioned that B46SBS+ should go to WBP. However, the way the B46 is set up that can't be done. So DeKalb to KP is the best option.

Personally I doubt that that community would be up in arms about the B46 in any fashion, local, LTD, or SBS. I don't recall any uproar when the old Kingston-Tompkins B47 was moved from Bridge Plaza or the old Ralph B40 was cut from WBP.. Changing demographics and what have you in this case. IIRC the Hasidic community in Williamsburgh has a closer affiliation with the Borough Park folks and not the Crown Heights group. Are there really that many people from the Crown Heights sect traveling n/b through Bed-Stuy to Williamsburgh or even to Graham Avenue and Broadway ?

My 85 yr old uncle is watching me type this and laughing at this part of the thread. He says that he bets 90% of the posters in this thread think the northern border of Crown Heights is Eastern Parkway. For those who don't know the northern border of Crown Heights is the south side of Atlantic Avenue and always has been. He and my mom always teased my brother and I because we were born in St Johns Hospital while some of my cousins were born in St Mary's and the running joke was who was born "on the right side of the tracks". Bed-Stuy or Crown Heights. Just my opinion. Carry on.

Outside of the Jewish affiliation of Williamsburg b/w those aforementioned neighborhoods, you're preaching to the choir.... I'm not remotely conveying that they're seriously up in arms about the B46 in any facet of the imagination....

As for the other part of your post here, I don't think much of anyone believes that the northern border of Crown Heights is Eastern Pkwy.... Putting this another way, I don't hear/read ppl. saying Bed Stuy extends all the way down to Eastern Pkwy.... Living in this part of Brooklyn, I can easily state that the question/inquiry/debate has always been how far south does the southern border of Crown Heights pan to, not so much what the northern border is.....

I find it funny that they put a bus lane NORTH of Eastern Pkwy. But it's only going northbound to Fulton, a curbside one at that.

Them people gonna be pissed, especially in front of the precinct where the cop cars just lazily park in front of the building.

I find it funny that they put a bus lane NORTH of Eastern Pkwy. But it's only going northbound to Fulton, a curbside one at that.

Them people gonna be pissed, especially in front of the precinct where the cop cars just lazily park in front of the building.

The congestion there is crazy. Buses can lose 10 minutes easy there. 

No bus lane in front of the 77th Pct. In fact, no bus lane between St. John's Place and Bergen- northbound.

Gridlock will be felt mostly on Southbound buses.

I know I was informing everyone that the start date is July 3rd and where my source is.

Oh okay then? np

Sometimes I feel some people should let things play out before they add their two cents to the matter; it would yield less conflicts that way..."let the chips fall where they may" after all this is the MTA lol

Archived