B46 +SelectBusService+

East New York

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The B46SBS got so bad yesterday that buses like 7357 had to work an SBS bound to Dekalb yesterday during the late rush hour. 7:30PM.

I see complaints coming along and plus i see some sort of extension to the bridge via Dekalb and Nostrand (Northbound), and Lee/Lafayette southbound to Reid/Utica.

Did the trains get the announcements yet

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Don't know if the new tech trains got the update as of yet, but a bulletin came out last week stating that the conductors on the (A)(C)(2)(3)(4)(5) lines are to make announcements for the B46 Select Bus Service at the Utica Avenue Station...

There was a glitch on a 4 train my friend was on prior to the change, but I hadn't heard it on a 4 train ride Sunday evening.

Wouldn't the (J) get one too?

Good question. 

There was a glitch on a 4 train my friend was on prior to the change, but I hadn't heard it on a 4 train ride Sunday evening.

Le usual SBS glitch. Happened with the M60 and M86 SBS.

Wouldn't the (J) get one too?

I don't think so. 46SBS+ doesn't stop on Myrtle/Broadway or Patchen Avenue.

The B46 SBS connects to Kosciuszko St, the B46 SBS northern terminal.

Le usual SBS glitch. Happened with the M60 and M86 SBS.

The B46 SBS connects to Kosciuszko St, the B46 SBS northern terminal.

That's not a real connection tho on Kosciuszko & Patchen. But I do get your drift tho. That's a 2-3 block walk from the station to SBS Stop on Dekalb.

That's not a real connection tho on Kosciuszko & Patchen. But I do get your drift tho. That's a 2-3 block walk from the station to SBS Stop on Dekalb.

The 46 SBS line map inside the bus shows a connection to the (J) at Dekalb Av even though it's not a direct connection. Much like how the (6) mentions a connection to the M34 SBS at 33 St, despite not stopping on 34 St itself.

Good question.

Until the new tech trains are updated, conductors are to make manual announcements at the Utica Avenue Station....

The 46 SBS line map inside the bus shows a connection to the (J) at Dekalb Av even though it's not a direct connection. Much like how the (6) mentions a connection to the M34 SBS at 33 St, despite not stopping on 34 St itself.

The SBS buses have strip maps now? I think I need to ride the 46 now...

The B46SBS got so bad yesterday that buses like 7357 had to work an SBS bound to Dekalb yesterday during the late rush hour. 7:30PM.

I see complaints coming along and plus i see some sort of extension to the bridge via Dekalb and Nostrand (Northbound), and Lee/Lafayette southbound to Reid/Utica.

That would miss two of the three biggest stops north of DeKalb (the Myrtle Avenue stop and Flushing Avenue stop). There's no point, because very few people are going to WBP itself.

It's inside of the bus in the ad area. Instead of the usual ads one would find on the bus, they have SBS-specific ads only, and a few are strip maps that show every single stop the SBS makes. They been doing it since the Bx12 started.

Hold on, I think I have a picture of it.

-EDIT-

Turns out I did take a photo of it

27893924450_1b187049d3_k.jpg

...and as you can see, it does show a connection to the (J) at Dekalb Av.

When it comes to providing the riders with correct information as to changes in routing, it seems to be the policy not to post anything at least a week before implementation. The usual is post it as close to the weekend of implementation as the fewer people know about it, the better which is typical bureaucratic thinking. It is wrong but unfortunately, nothing will change as this mindset is part of the organization's culture.

I do not think that the MTA should have rushed on implementation and instead waited for the artics to arrive and then implement the service. It would have been far better as the riders would be aware of the difference in service and would become acclimated to it much quicker. As far as the extension of the SBS to Williamsburgh Bridge Plaza, it has been discussed here and quite honestly, it will not work. 

I don't think it makes any difference at all wether or not the service started with artics or not. People still are going to be clueless no matter if a standard or articulated bus pulls up. It also wasn't rushed either. It's been in the works to some capacity for 8 years now. There was also information posted in buses about 2 weeks before the service went into effect this time. As for artics, I don't think the service should have been pushed off for another year or longer to wait for articulated buses either.... From the looks of things now, they aren't even needed.

And yes for all the suggestions to the Bridge, they aren't going to work. Period. This has been in some stage of planning for 8 years, and that part isn't going to change. So to all the people who keep suggesting it, you all are just wasting your time. Not only that but the reason B46 local service is so jacked up now is because all the buses are getting caught up on Broadway. Now that ther local isn't interlined with the Limited as it used to be you have overcapacity on the SBS and not enough capacity on the local. As I said months ago, there needs to be Eastern Parkway short turns or this will not work out well for passengers.... I bet they listen up now!

I help on B46 SBS again and this time today Utica Av/Avenue D Northbound machine was having mechanic issue and there were 10-second delay after passengers swipe MetroCard.

Today, I took M60 SBS, M15 SBS, then B46 SBS about 5 times, helping out at bus stops there were no Customer Assistant.

About 2 hrs. or so ago, I got off the BM1 & took a B46 SBS to Church (av) not too long ago..... In the distance (walking from Schenectady; the BM1 stop), I saw a NB SBS already at the stop - no qualms, since I wasn't seeking the SBS.... Then I get closer to Utica & see a local (also at the stop) - Great, about to take it, get off at Snyder & call it a day :) ....

Nope, of course it wouldn't be that easy  :rolleyes: - Dam bus was OOS; broken wheelchair lift (felt sorry for the guy)....

So I look down in the distance & there was an approaching (SBS) bus (b/w L & M) .... Didn't feel much like waiting for a local (especially considering ENY's post on here earlier), so I just got on the thing & walked from Church.....

I see what ENY is talking about (not that I didn't believe him, but at the same time it's good to experience things for yourself).... From the time I got on, to the time I got off the bus I was on, I saw SIX SB SBS buses & one local bus (ride was about 10 mins, give or take... wasn't documenting anything since it wadn't a fantrip).... I saw another disturbing trend - Every single one of those SBS' clearly had more than half the seating capacity available on the bus & that local bus was crushloaded.....

Side note: What do they do in the situation where a wheelchair passenger is stuck on a bus (needing to get off the bus) w/ a broken lift?

I remember I was on a bus (although this was NJT) where the lift worked to get the lady (on the wheelchair), but by time we got to WRTC (Camden), all of a sudden, it malfunctioned (this was the #551 for anyone that cares)... What happened was that the family member (or whoever he was) physically carried the lady off the bus, and the b/o carried the wheelchair off the bus..... Dude was cursing up a storm, shit was funny at the time....

Archived