B46 +SelectBusService+

East New York

where are they going to get the artics?

Flatbush would definitely have to get some more artics in the next order, which means that Flatbush would have to lose a route or two.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brooklyn should not get next order or new articulated bus..... Then can get hand me down articulated bus from Manhattan or Bronx.... The next new order of 328 will be only replacing 2004 D60HF New Flyer articulated #5510 - #5769 .. (MTA) Bus will get 75 new articulated bus.... My best bet is Brooklyn to get hand me down articulated bus from Manhattan or Bronx...

Which depot that B46 is based out of .... They should used 2010 Orion7NG for B46 Select Bus service or rather get hand me down articulated bus from Manhattan or Bronx.....

Brooklyn should not get next order or new articulated bus..... Then can get hand me down articulated bus from Manhattan or Bronx.... The next new order of 328 will be only replacing 2004 D60HF New Flyer articulated #5510 - #5769 .. (MTA) Bus will get 75 new articulated bus.... My best bet is Brooklyn to get hand me down articulated bus from Manhattan or Bronx...

Which depot that B46 is based out of .... They should used 2010 Orion7NG for B46 Select Bus service or rather get hand me down articulated bus from Manhattan or Bronx.....

Do you really want those high floors (especially HAND ME DOWNS) being wrapped for SBS, just to be retire within like 1 or 2 years?

The B46 is the second highest used local bus route in the system behind the M15. Do you really want those 40 footers on the SBS, when the traditional is the LFS. The route still wouldn't hold the current amount of passengers it would get. Nova's are ideal in this situation.

I believe the B46 should have been the first brooklyn route to get SBS or at least artics for right now. How do you still have routes with the top 10 ridership in the city still using standard buses? The B35 is another one but the CNG kills the whole articulated thing unless the MTA was to order CNG artics. I believe the B35 is another good route for SBS.

I started this thread 2 years ago to discuss the major need for a B46SBS, however, because of the narrow paths along the route much more planning and preparation is needed to make it happen. That's why it wasn't even considered for the first route in Brooklyn.

Do you really want those high floors (especially HAND ME DOWNS) being wrapped for SBS, just to be retire within like 1 or 2 years?

The B46 is the second highest used local bus route in the system behind the M15. Do you really want those 40 footers on the SBS, when the traditional is the LFS. The route still wouldn't hold the current amount of passengers it would get. Nova's are ideal in this situation.

Technically the B46 is the highest used route anywhere in the world. The numbers are NOT accurate because you have so many people who fare-beat on the route. In terms of actual paying passengers, then yes it is the M15.

40 footers may not be a bad idea for the B46 because of the route structure.... It worked pretty well on the M34SBS for a while, and it works great on the S79SBS.

1. Technically the B46 is the highest used route anywhere in the world. The numbers are NOT accurate because you have so many people who fare-beat on the route. In terms of actual paying passengers, then yes it is the M15.

2. 40 footers may not be a bad idea for the B46 because of the route structure.... It worked pretty well on the M34SBS for a while, and it works great on the S79SBS.

1.Yeah there was a year where the B46 beat the M15 also in ridership (in the statistics)

2. Yeah, but it can't be permanent, because the B46 siginifcantly beats the M34, and S79 in terms of riders. I agree that the 40 footers work well on the S79.

I started this thread 2 years ago to discuss the major need for a B46SBS, however, because of the narrow paths along the route much more planning and preparation is needed to make it happen. That's why it wasn't even considered for the first route in Brooklyn.

Technically the B46 is the highest used route anywhere in the world. The numbers are NOT accurate because you have so many people who fare-beat on the route. In terms of actual paying passengers, then yes it is the M15.

40 footers may not be a bad idea for the B46 because of the route structure.... It worked pretty well on the M34SBS for a while, and it works great on the S79SBS.

Correction there is a bus with even more ridership in Vancouver called 99B or something along 99 something yes it has more riders than the B46 & M15.

1.Yeah there was a year where the B46 beat the M15 also in ridership (in the statistics)

2. Yeah, but it can't be permanent, because the B46 siginifcantly beats the M34, and S79 in terms of riders. I agree that the 40 footers work well on the S79.

One S79 is Staten island 2 M34 is shorter.

You guys make me laugh when you say use 40-fts for the SBS46. Are you f*cking kidding me? Yeah, it worked with the SBS34 and SBS79... but the 46 is heavier line than the 79 and 34 combined! #cmon LFSAs are a must with the SBS46.

How is this any different than the current use of 40-foot buses on the route?

How is this any different than the current use of 40-foot buses on the route?

The headway in the morning is literally 1-2 mins...

The 46 has needed artics for years now - SBS or not, but it was a big union issue that prevented the artic usage on Brooklyn lines, for the exception of the 44 (that was a deal accepted by our former union vice chair, Stephan Thomas).

My best advice Flatbush Depot should  take 2004 D60HF New Flyer for B46 or B46 SBS for now.... My word only... As I hope.... Flatbush Depot will get new bus order to replace 2004 D60HF New Flyer.... For now Flatbush Depot cannot make other depot short... All other depot got Nova Bus LFS to replace 1998 D60HF also & 1999 D60HF New Flyer .. Or use 40 footers bus for B46...  All other depot in Manhattan & Bronx was promised to new articulated to replace 2004 D60HF new Flyer.... But as of know Brooklyn wont get new bus... ... My advice Flatbush Depot should take 2004 D60HF #5500 series for B46 ... Or use 40 footers for B46..

1-2 minutes?!? Wtff...so this is a GO route right? No sitting at stops and cruising down streets?

My best advice Flatbush Depot should take 2004 D60HF New Flyer for B46 or B46 SBS for now.... My word only... As I hope.... Flatbush Depot will get new bus order to replace 2004 D60HF New Flyer.... For now Flatbush Depot cannot make other depot short... All other depot got Nova Bus LFS to replace 1998 D60HF also & 1999 D60HF New Flyer .. Or use 40 footers bus for B46... All other depot in Manhattan & Bronx was promised to new articulated to replace 2004 D60HF new Flyer.... But as of know Brooklyn wont get new bus... ... My advice Flatbush Depot should take 2004 D60HF #5500 series for B46 ... Or use 40 footers for B46..

I'm my opinion, D60s wouldn't work because it's a bigger bus with only two doors still, so it would be hard for people to enter and exit. They should get hand me down LFSAs from the Bronx or Manhattan if the next order doesn't come fast enough with NovaBus being backed up.

As I know ... The union member are different from Brooklyn to Manhattan / Bronx ... Manhattan & Bronx have same union.... But I know the union member of Bronx & Manhattan wont accept 2004 D60HF New Flyer go to Brooklyn..... I am guessing... I can tell... There willing to give up 2004 D60HF New Flyer... Not 2012 Nova Bus LFS / Not all 2004 D60HF New Flyer that will be upset ... Wanted to know only: is the union member of Flatbush Depot is ATU or something... I know the union member of Bronx & Manhattan are TWU local 100... Saying...

1-2 minutes?!? Wtff...so this is a GO route right? No sitting at stops and cruising down streets?

I'm my opinion, D60s wouldn't work because it's a bigger bus with only two doors still, so it would be hard for people to enter and exit. They should get hand me down LFSAs from the Bronx or Manhattan if the next order doesn't come fast enough with NovaBus being backed up.

D60s a bigger bus?!?!?!? How you figure that?!?!?!?! Those are actually the smallest Artics!  LFSA are bigger and Longer!

D60s a bigger bus?!?!?!? How you figure that?!?!?!?! Those are actually the smallest Artics!  LFSA are bigger and Longer!

the D60HF is a high floor floor bus.. lots of seats and standees then the LFS artics. Low floor buses always has lower capacity.

the D60HF is a high floor floor bus.. lots of seats and standees then the LFS artics. Low floor buses always has lower capacity.

Im not sure of the seating capacity of the LFSA and the NF. I think the NF is ~ 60 seats. 

But is it really that much more space for Standees in the HF buses?

I know some dispute using the Orions for the SBS, but I think this is something that needs to be considered, The maneuverability of 40 footers up and down Utica is needed.

In any case I'm anxious to see how it plays out. 

Off topic I like driving the D60HF over the Nova's 

On a busy route like the B46, dwell time matters more than capacity, and the LFSA would win that race hands down.

D60s a bigger bus?!?!?!? How you figure that?!?!?!?! Those are actually the smallest Artics! LFSA are bigger and Longer!

Dafuq...I wasn't even comparing the sizes of artics. They were talking about how the 46 uses the regular 40ft buses, and then that guy said put D60s on the 46. I said NO that wouldn't work because the D60s are bigger buses (than the 40ft buses) and STILL has TWO doors, which makes it hard to exit.

Dafuq...I wasn't even comparing the sizes of artics. They were talking about how the 46 uses the regular 40ft buses, and then that guy said put D60s on the 46. I said NO that wouldn't work because the D60s are bigger buses (than the 40ft buses) and STILL has TWO doors, which makes it hard to exit.

Well when you said bigger bus, im not thinking SEATS and SPACE it holds INSIDE!! and i seen no mention of 40ft. so a misunderstanding on both sides!

My best advice Flatbush Depot should  take 2004 D60HF New Flyer for B46 or B46 SBS for now.... My word only... As I hope.... Flatbush Depot will get new bus order to replace 2004 D60HF New Flyer.... For now Flatbush Depot cannot make other depot short... All other depot got Nova Bus LFS to replace 1998 D60HF also & 1999 D60HF New Flyer .. Or use 40 footers bus for B46...  All other depot in Manhattan & Bronx was promised to new articulated to replace 2004 D60HF new Flyer.... But as of know Brooklyn wont get new bus... ... My advice Flatbush Depot should take 2004 D60HF #5500 series for B46 ... Or use 40 footers for B46..

Uh, what? Ok, well as said, 2 door artic buses won't work as everyone is usually exiting from the front of the bus and then there's the farebeaters that would have an easier time getting in from the back. Another issue is the MTA running artics would generally adjust the schedules to run fewer buses. When there's a choke point with all the buses getting stuck, it causes a long delay between buses. This will be much worse with the line being all artics.

The only way they should allow artics on the B46 is when they get the eagle team to patrol the line even if the B46 is still a non Sbs line. Cameras don't do enough, cops need to be on the buses as well. They should also ensure that if there's a major backup somewhere north, they need to have short turn runs or get some empty buses to fill in the gap instead of everyone trying to pile into the first bus that shows up.

On the capacity thing bw the D60hf and lfsa: The D60hf would be able to carry more riders because they don't have the wheel covers taking away at least 3 seats in the front like the lf buses have. It's debatable about lfsa being able to fit more riders because they have more inward facing seats, but you can only fit so many standees. Imo, the lfsa should've had more of the front facing seats like the xd60 has.

Then this is the deal Flatbush Depot should take.. How about taking 126 Street Depot 2004 D60HF New Flyer artic. When 126 Street Depot shutdown I know it wont happened . My hope only New Flyer will get award to built 350 articulated XD60... At least Transit Worker Union Local 100 will excepted.... I know it (MTA) decision too. TWU local 100 know they will get new articulated bus for replacing 2004 D60HF New Flyer for MaBSTOA division.. It also will be up to TWU local 100 their decision too ... Flatbush Depot cannot say we want articulated bus... Let TWU local 100 make their decision..

Archived