B46 +SelectBusService+

East New York

I dunno what your obsession is with fb getting artics. And i still have no idea what you are trying to say. Why would they agree to such a swap?

When 126th closes, mch will be open and those buses will more or less be moved over there. So forget about moving additional artics to fb.

I still don't understand half the things she writes.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys make me laugh when you say use 40-fts for the SBS46. Are you f*cking kidding me? Yeah, it worked with the SBS34 and SBS79... but the 46 is heavier line than the 79 and 34 combined! #cmon LFSAs are a must with the SBS46.

I definitely agree the line needs artics as I have stated for several years. My thing is additional artics will need to be ordered, so in the meanwhile, MTA could start off-board payment and use the current buses for a temporary solution. 

In theory, they can definitely be used to speed the boarding process up immediately, and when artics are available for the line it should be converted at once. That's much better than doing nothing at all.

No timeline. MTA is still researching the logistics of the route as the B46 will be one of the most difficult lines to implement it on. B46 was the first route MTA wanted the service to be on in Brooklyn, however that proved to be a difficult task, and SBS went to the B44.

Notice I started this thread in 2012, and there is still no SBS service, or even artics for that matter, which have been needed for years.

It don't think that's really needed at all. Definitely not on the lowest ridership routes. Not only that, but Tap & Ride is on the horizon as well. So that being said, I think off-board payment should remain restricted to SBS, with possible exceptions for a routes like the B35 or B46.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

http://www.nyc.gov/html/brt/downloads/pdf/2015-02-04-brt-utica-cac2-presentation.pdf

Proposed service plan has all SBS service terminating at Dekalb Av, while the local is extended to Williamsburg Bridge Plaza 24/7, with the rationale that the stretch on Broadway causes a lot of slow speeds and unreliability for relatively little ridership.

Proposed SBS Stops

- Dekalb Av

- Gates Av

- Halsey St

- Fulton St

- Eastern Pkwy

- Empire Blvd

- Winthrop St

- Church Av

- Avenue D

- Avenue H

- Avenue K/Flatlands Av

- Kings Plaza

If this ends up becoming the service pattern, I can see the local's falling just like the B44 local's.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/brt/downloads/pdf/2015-02-04-brt-utica-cac2-presentation.pdf

Proposed service plan has all SBS service terminating at Dekalb Av, while the local is extended to Williamsburg Bridge Plaza 24/7, with the rationale that the stretch on Broadway causes a lot of slow speeds and unreliability for relatively little ridership.

Proposed SBS Stops

- Dekalb Av

- Gates Av

- Halsey St

- Fulton St

- Eastern Pkwy

- Empire Blvd

- Winthrop St

- Church Av

- Avenue D

- Avenue H

- Avenue K/Flatlands Av

- Kings Plaza

If this ends up becoming the service pattern, I can see the local's falling just like the B44 local's.

I can already see a problem with the B46 SBS. I can see an opposition to local service to Williamsburg happening since they are used to only the LTD serving it.

Edit:I understand why the SBS is cut to Dekalb Avenue, but will the riders using the B46 understand as well?

Archived