2012 "SUPER TUESDAY" GOP Primaries

Shortline Bus

Well it's here. Other than of course the national conventions later this summer and the general election in November, the most important day of the 2012 election season so far is here.

Feel free to dicuss what could be the turning point in the GOP primaries to decide the challenger to President Barack Obama. Does Gov. Romney finally puts to bed his challengers mainly Sen. Santorum? Or will a poor showing open for Romney the door for last minute new canadiates ranging from Jeb Bush to Sarah Palin or even Chris Christie? Feel free to comment.

"Super Tuesday" is here. Here link about it.

Super Tuesday - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think we're gonna see Romney, and that's gonna be it. Too late for new candidates, unless they wanna make everything more of a mess than it is currently. Newt has no chance, Santorum is making a fool of himself, and Paul is a joke. You coulda predicted it from the start. The Republicans are gonna begrudgingly nominate Romney, and it's gonna be a money war (thanks to bullsh!t Citizens United) in the general election.

I've got my popcorn ready.

I agree. The elections this fall between Obama and probably Romney will be the most nasty name calling campaigns in American history. It will even make the WWE 'blush' in smackdown talk.:o

Of the 4, Romney has the finance to go toe to toe against an obscenely unlimited war chest that Obama has raised thanks to endless fundraising trips across the country on taxpayer expense.

As stated: Newt* is too polarizing and negative, Santorum is too far to the right, Paul is obscured and his isolationist/international policies are terrible.

The only hope I have of the GOP winning is for someone to change the cabinet. Specifically: Sec of State (Hillary has allowed the Middle East to become worse in allowing Egypt to turn radical, could've stopped Iran by supporting the opposition party when Iran had elections, etc). Homeland Security, Napolitano has made it a police state in the airports (frisking children and the elderly, x-ray machines or a pat down) and she has the gall to say she's exempt from what us the 'commoners' have to be subjected to. Attorney Gen Holder and his Fast and Furious program that allowed Mexican drug cartels to get their hands on US guns which got a border patrol guard killed. (only slightly better over Jan Reno who set some compound of cult members on fire and killing ~75 people in Waco, Tx)..

Getting rid of those 3 people are the only reason a GOP candidate gets my vote. Otherwise nothing changes no matter who wins.

*did bring up a good poi about the koran burning. While Obama was busy apologizing actions NATO forces did by accident, where were the condemnations on the Afghans for killing US soldiers? Why is the US still there? OBL was 'killed', therefore the mission should be over and done with like with Iraq. Let Afghanistan revert to what it was, it will never be stable to protect itself. It's not surprising the Soviets gave up on keeping control of that wasteland.

Its too bad since Romney is the old-folk rich people person. That means he can surely get elected, but that doesn't mean he'll do anything for the people.

Romney is the most moderate out of the GOP candidates, and probably the most electable. I liked him back in 2008 and I still like him now.

This Super Tuesday 2012 update is presented by Allstate. You in good hands.:P

Well as of 830pm in a semi national primary day in America known as "Super Tuesday" of 10 states, as expected Romney has won almost of the state primaries and causes in the eastern seasboard and midwest. While Newt has won his home state of Gerogia. Thus the big loser of the night so far is Santorum who has (as of this writing won a state)yet to win. Most tv news political analysts state Santorum must win Ohio(it has yet to be called)or else there be pressure for the former Pa. US Senator to step aside.

Stay tuned. Meanwhile feel free to reply.

I'll wait till all the states are accounted for before saying anything. I will say that it is Romney's to lose, the other 3 have little to no chance imo. Even if any of them won, they don't have the money for a sustained run against Obama's war chest.

Well as of 1130pm tonight (3/6/12)Romney has taken lead in Ohio and may win by a razor close victory and maintain his frontrunner status which is the good news for him. With that said, as of this writing the bad news is that Romney has not provided the 'knockout' punch that say Mccain did in 2008 or GW Bush did to McCain in 2000 on 'super tuesday' to basically wrap up the GOP nod.

So the GOP primary race of '12 continues.:eek:

Yeah, I know. You think he's financially better off than the Republican candidates?

The Obama maybe "Millionaries." However Romney blows away everyone including even the Kennedys and Bushes and if elected (his worth an estimated $300-$500 Million dollars)would be the richest Commander in Chief in US History.

@shortline, with the way campaigns are set up, the person that spends the most has the best chance to win. They use that money to buy up 'thousands' of ads and are unavoidable unless you are only watching premium cable channels.

Yeah, I know. You think he's financially better off than the Republican candidates?

It doesn't matter, Obama has been raising money like crazy for his reelection. You underestimate the Hollywood elites and other democratic millionares/ billionares supporting him. This kind of spending on both sides is disturbing when there are people that can barely get by on what they earn.

It doesn't matter, Obama has been raising money like crazy for his reelection. This kind of spending on both sides is disturbing when there are people that can barely get by on what they earn.

Concourse you can thank a Supreme Court ruling that basically allowed unlimited campaign contributation to campaigns back in 2010 for that.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/22/us/politics/22scotus.html?pagewanted=all

Also it's estimated by November the total cost just for the President race might reach at least $500 Million-plus.

Concourse you can thank a Supreme Court ruling that basically allowed unlimited campaign contributation to campaigns back in 2010 for that.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/22/us/politics/22scotus.html?pagewanted=all

Also it's estimated by November the total cost just for the President race might reach at least $500 Million-plus.

Just obscene, and that's why whoever wins will be at the whim of the corporations that gave the candidate the most.

@shortline, with the way campaigns are set up, the person that spends the most has the best chance to win. They use that money to buy up 'thousands' of ads and are unavoidable unless you are only watching premium cable channels.

It doesn't matter, Obama has been raising money like crazy for his reelection. You underestimate the Hollywood elites and other democratic millionares/ billionares supporting him. This kind of spending on both sides is disturbing when there are people that can barely get by on what they earn.

Plus those ads only really cater to a small part of the electorate anyway. there are people who will vote for anyone thats a democrat and those that will vote for anyone thats a republican, and no attack ad is going to change that. Those ads only cater to political independants who havent made up their mind who they want to vote for.

As for wealthy people on both sides contributing to the campaigns, I say let em spend, its their money and their right to spend it as they see fit.

I disagree. If people have that kind of money to spend, they can easily help the government pay off that mounting $15 trillion? debt. Campaigns are just to sway people one side or another and in the end the winner will do the bidding of the highest paying supporters as a favor for their support.

@shortline, with the way campaigns are set up, the person that spends the most has the best chance to win. They use that money to buy up 'thousands' of ads and are unavoidable unless you are only watching premium cable channels..

That why i wish our country would follow Britian model in national elections and require 'major' canadiates in last 48 hours of national elections i.e years of Presidential and midterms 'free tv time' on regular over the air and cable news channels. IMO it would help in keeping campaigns costs down. Of course salelite radio and Premium cable channels would not be included.

Archived