Trying to get an answer???

BklyNSteve

I recently applied for a skilled trade position, sent in all the required paperwork( eetp and payment). I am confident that I meet all the requirements and the test is scheduled for May. Here is the problem. I received an e-mail stating that they didn't get the money order. I have a receipt for payment and contacted the phone number in the e-mail. They told me that it was an error and not to worry about it. I have a TA profile that states they have all the paperwork but no payment. Is there any way to get some sort of paperwork or e-mail confirming payment. I would hate to miss out because of some clerical error.

Thanks for the advise. I did call and I was told that everything is in order but without some form of written confirmation that it is good makes me a little nervous. Just because I was told by someone on the phone that it was o.k. doesn't mean it is. They already made one mistake.

Copy down all names of the people you speak to. if the are MTA employees try and get a pass Number. I would personally go down and get something in writing saying that everything is OK. Some people will tell you anything just to get you off the phone so they can get there full break time. One more thing, i have a Android phone, a HTC Vivid. i have a program the records all phone calls that i make or receive. it useful to recall names and information. If you want to use the recording for proof you need to disclose to them that the call is being recorded. Hey man just make it happen sometimes you have to work a little hard to get that big pay off.

So it turns out that there was a mistake. Somehow my application was submitted for two different job postings (structure maintainer group c and d).

I am qualified for both but only applied for group d and therefore only made one payment. To my surprise I was able to speak to REAL people and a supervisor who straightened out everything for me and even explained the testing and hiring process. And yes I wrote down the names and phone #'s of everyone I spoke with.

Archived